Gov. Corzine to sign bill limiting N.J. handgun purchases today

This is a discussion on Gov. Corzine to sign bill limiting N.J. handgun purchases today within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gov. Corzine to sign bill limiting N.J. handgun purchases today - NJ.com TRENTON -- Gov. Jon Corzine today will sign legislation that prohibits individuals from ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gov. Corzine to sign bill limiting N.J. handgun purchases today

Gov. Corzine to sign bill limiting N.J. handgun purchases today

Gov. Corzine to sign bill limiting N.J. handgun purchases today - NJ.com

TRENTON -- Gov. Jon Corzine today will sign legislation that prohibits individuals from purchasing more than one handgun within a 30-day period.

The measure also prohibits firearms sellers from "knowingly delivering" more than one gun per 30-day period. Violators would face a fourth-degree felony charge, carrying a $10,000 penalty.

The law, aimed at helping curtail gun access by criminal street gangs, would exempt law enforcement agencies and federal, state, and local law enforcement officers who purchase a handgun for use in the actual performance of their law enforcement duties. It also would exempt transfers of guns between licensed retail dealers and licensed firearms collectors.

Gov. Corzine will sign the bill at 12 p.m. at Trenton City Hall.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Oh yeah, I'm sure this will put a real damper on gun sales between gangbangers. My goodness, does Corzine actually think this will make ANY difference?

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

<SARCASM>

Well, I personally feel relieved that criminals in NJ will now only be able to legally buy 1 gun at a time. I can sleep much easier now.

<END SARCASM>
    Last edited by JonInNY; August 6th, 2009 at 03:15 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

You have two choices. Go broke buying one gun a month (it is the law), or move.
    I had to leave Va because I could not afford to keep buying one a month.

Semper Fi

/facepalm/

This will be the safest state in America-NOT

Gang-bangers and criminals are right now.

They really should limit sales from trunks of cars, back alley sales, sales in exchange for drugs, sales of guns without serial numbers, sales of stolen guns, and sales of guns to gang recruits. Oh yeah, I forgot, that stuff is already frowned-upon.

I say all the law-abiding, constitution loving, taxpayers along with gunshop owners leave that worthless state ASAFP!

I know it is easy for me to say and even harder for someone to actually do. But just think months from now: most of the taxpayers are gone, gun vendors who can really only sell to LEO's are gone.

Armed robbery, home invasions, gang violence, drive-by shootings, murder, domestic violence, accidental discharges, and crime in general is through the roof.

The LEO's will be wanting out of that state and only the criminals will have guns-oh what a wonderful place to be! They'll have to change it from the "garden state" to the "cemetary state".

My sympathy goes out to you good New Jersey people, I really do hope I'm wrong. I really don't see how this bill will help the good people of New Jersey.

Joker1

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post

Gang-bangers and criminals are right now.
    There's a flaw with that assumption. I'm pretty sure those people don't even pay attention to the news/laws so they don't even know this is happening.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by 500Mag View Post
    There's a flaw with that assumption. I'm pretty sure those people don't even pay attention to the news/laws so they don't even know this is happening.
    Sounds like Gov. Corzine has the same issue.
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

Quote Originally Posted by 500Mag View Post
    You got me there. When they do get around to hearing the word on the street they will certainly .

Joker1

Lead Moderator
    I'm just amazed to learn that there was a way that NJ was more liberal than MD! We've had the 30 day rule for a long time!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Like in MD this NJ law will be mostly un-enforceable. In Todays economy there is no way I can buy one gun every month.

I need to be stimulated, I guess. ;)

MikeV

Governor Corzine is an idiot and will always be an idiot. This state amazes me everyday. This state is so far left it is unbelievable. Cannot wait to get out of here. This law will not effect me but, the fact that they did it and the explaination behind it. All I can do is just shake my head. People actually believe that it'll keep the trafficing down. If they can sell this load of crap only God knows what is to come. I believe New Jersey will be the first U.S. state to disarm hopfully I'll be gone by then. This is simply amazing. I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear the brain storming and the sales tatics to this law. Bad day for New Jersey
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms" Thomas Jefferson

I can't buy more than one gun a month and I live in Texas,Wifes law
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Maybe he will forget to buckle his seat belt again today!
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    .... Wifes law
    It that anything like Cole's Law, which is cabbage and mayonaise?
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links