I tried out one of the quotes in a thread on someone I know.

This is a discussion on I tried out one of the quotes in a thread on someone I know. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is what Iwrote on my Facebook page. These are scary time we live in, all the politicians who want take everyone's firearms, I found ...

Thread: I tried out one of the quotes in a thread on someone I know.

I tried out one of the quotes in a thread on someone I know.

This is what Iwrote on my Facebook page.

These are scary time we live in, all the politicians who want take everyone's firearms, I found this quote by a well known politician. "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. - Adolf Hitler

His response...

The Christians control the military. Just look at the Air Force academy. I am more scarred of religious people controlling the military rather than losing my pistol. Plus Have you seen Waco, their guns didn't stop the tanks. I don't think people should have anything but shot guns and non-semi automatic rifles. We live in different times. If the ... Read Moregovt wants to take us over they will do it thru the Treasury dept anyways. If you want power take away people money. Our little guns isn't a factor of freedom anymore.

This was my response...

I didn't say guns, I said firearms as a whole. And yes they couldn't stop the tanks from inside a building and I didn't agree with the way they lived on the compound. Have you ever seen Saving Private Ryan, how many tanks did they take out on foot? Do you want someone telling you to live a certain way? They were one small group of people taken... Read More by surprise. Christian, muslim, Atheist, Democrate or Republican leaders make decisions and order missions everyday they don't really want to but are needed.That is one problem with America today is that no one wants to band together any more. How would you like to be a doctor who just spent 12 years of training, and then to be told your going to make a third of what was earned a month ago? How about being told you can only sell 100 vehicles a year and will be limited to a $500 profit? The only rights that one defends are the one's that affect themselves. You have to defend everyone's rights as long as they are not breaking the law.

I threw in the "profit on vehicles" because he is a very successful car dealer. I threw in the doctor's because we have a mutual friend who will face this.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

2. Remove Ads

That is very true.. People all think,.. "If it don't effect me, why do I care"... When they are forgetting the effect it WILL have down the road,.. Lose in any freedom is a crime in itself..

As an Academy Grad, I can tell you Christians don't run the place. That's irrelevant anyway. Your friend's response is telling. He said the guns didn't stop the tanks, but he should've said 'why is the government using tanks against citizens in the first place??'

Now, I know they didn't use tanks at Waco, but he clearly doesn't. If 'the gubment' starts using tanks against us, the answer isn't to hand over my guns. The answer is to ask 'where do I find a damn RPG?'
    Last edited by JD; August 6th, 2009 at 04:57 PM.

Back in the day you could attack a tank with a Ford Pinto,they had a tendency to explode in a ball of fire on impact,I wonder why they quit making Pintos Hmmmm
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Yes, they did have on site and use tanks...

"A tank sits near the Mount Carmel compound as the Branch Davidian home is consumed in flames."

Read more: Thttp://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/final-report/2537/Photos#tab-Photos/0#ixzz0NQk8ejFQ
    Video - http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...ideos/02154_00

Source - http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...rt/2537/Photos

- Janq recalls national news footage of the tanks being brought in by the FBI via lowboy tractors...Although per the circumstances tank deployment made sense
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

OD*
    "First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the communists and I did not speak out because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me and by then there was no one left to speak out for me."

~Martin Niemoller.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Thanks, Janq. My mistake. I was unaware the FBIs HRT used tanks. I knew they had armored vehicles, but I guess I don't consider those actual tanks. I did some quick looking around, and it appears they borrowed two Abrams from the TX ANG. Unacceptable.

Yeah that event was an utter mess...and frankly an embarrassment.

We had that along with the Ruby Ridge standoff in addition to that whole Elian Gonzalez ridiculousness too. As well as the LA Riots and of course OJ.

The early 90s were not a good time for LEOs as related to public view via television. : |

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Don't forget the Black Panther assault in Chicago. There are also a gazillion small situations that we've never heard of because they got successfully covered up. Problem is that we've got too many law enforcement personnel with too much testosterone in their systems (and they ain't all men) who think because they got a gun and badge they're beyond the law and only answer to a much higher power. Those are the same folks that want to do a hat dance on our butts when they find out we're carrying (legal or not). It takes the "I'm God and you're not" away from them and they cannot stand being put on an equal basis with you and I.

The tracked vehicle in the photo is not a tank. It is an M-88A1 tank retriever.

Administrator

"First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the communists and I did not speak out because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me and by then there was no one left to speak out for me."

Then the moderator came for the totally sidetracked and off-topic DefensiveCarry thread post and I didn't complain about it because I knew that he was right and also that it wouldn't do any good at all.
    And then the thread was closed and was no longer possible for anybody to post in it."

Links