Tea parties and Town Hall meetings

This is a discussion on Tea parties and Town Hall meetings within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We went to a Town Hall meeting here in rural Montana and it was interesting and informative. No violence, but some pretty P.O.'D people including ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tea parties and Town Hall meetings

Tea parties and Town Hall meetings

We went to a Town Hall meeting here in rural Montana and it was interesting and informative. No violence, but some pretty P.O.'D people including myself. With what I'm seeing on the news and the violence in some instances which is coming from the left, it appears that this jabbing and poking from the left will no doubt ecalate in the next 3 1/2 years. Any thoughts or experences from you good folks? Any predictions? Our first amendment is trying to be snuffed out. How crazy is this going to get?

2. Remove Ads

For starters...I hope it get crazy enough to completely change the scope of Congress in 2010.

We're having a local Town Hall meeting on the 12th...I'm going.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Mel Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    For starters...I hope it get crazy enough to completely change the scope of Congress in 2010.
    Yes, Mel Martinez is stepping down, and I hope Charlie Crist gets the position when he runs.

Regards
    Rick
    "Fail Your Way To Success"
    "A Goal without a Plan, is Just a Dream"
    "Age and treachery will win over Youth and Enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    We went to a Town Hall meeting here in rural Montana and it was interesting and informative. No violence, but some pretty P.O.'D people including myself. With what I'm seeing on the news and the violence in some instances which is coming from the left, it appears that this jabbing and poking from the left will no doubt ecalate in the next 3 1/2 years. Any thoughts or experences from you good folks? Any predictions? Our first amendment is trying to be snuffed out. How crazy is this going to get?
    These crazies are not confined to the left. I attended one of these meetings. It was well-conducted with no violence -- until I discovered some right-wing "bubbas" who were flying the American flag upside down. I found myself forcibly removing the flag from their possession. Fortunately there was when an LEO intervened, and saved my butt.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Be careful, the Obamapo has put out the word to turn in all dissenters.

Heil Hitler!
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    These crazies are not confined to the left. I attended one of these meetings. It was well-conducted with no violence -- until I discovered some right-wing "bubbas" who were flying the American flag upside down. I found myself forcibly removing the flag from their possession. Fortunately there was when an LEO intervened, and saved my butt.
    I hope you realize no disrespect was intended by the right wing "bubbas," as you stereotypically label them. Flying the flag upside down is a signal of distress, which many people clearly believe is appropriate right now.

Again, it seems you were mistaken in their intention. For you to assault them for exercising their First Amendment rights was wrong. Perhaps the LEO that intervened should have arrested you?

EDIT: cwblanco, I just saw that you are a lawyer. You should know better than to attack citizens over such things. Guess the cops cut the lawyer a break in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    I hope you realize no disrespect was intended by the right wing "bubbas," as you stereotypically label them. Flying the flag upside down is a signal of distress, which many people clearly believe is appropriate right now.

Again, it seems you were mistaken in their intention. For you to assault them for exercising their First Amendment rights was wrong. Perhaps the LEO that intervened should have arrested you?

EDIT: cwblanco, I just saw that you are a lawyer. You should know better than to attack citizens over such things. Guess the cops cut the lawyer a break in this case.
    I also fought in Vietnam in 1967 and 1968 along the DMZ while we were shelled every day for a few months. Before the war was over, John Kerry and his like were running acting like hippies with flags upside down. The cover of Kerry's book "New Soldier, copyright 1972 and 2004" shows a bunch of hippies flying the flag upside down (supposedly your symbol of distress), and mocking the raising of the flag at IWO JIMA.

Distress? I asked the hippie bubba if I should call an ambulance for him [for his distress], and it was declined. As to you and the hippie bubbas, you can have your type of free speech. It is a damn shame that a bunch of hippies have taken over the Republican party. I'll stay away from your tea parties in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by boerep View Post
    Yes, Mel Martinez is stepping down, and I hope Charlie Crist gets the position when he runs.

Regards
    Rick
    Martinez isn't waiting for 2010, he wants out right now. Crist said he won't appoint himself to the senate;I'm not sure who he's going to put in there.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

The one the wife and I attended was orderly with several good speakers. No signs of angry mobs that the press and Saul Alinsky crowd indicate. We have another scheduled Sept 5th and I plan to attend.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

Unfortunately, the Honorable Senator Bennett of Colorado is having invitation only "private conferences" <Coward>, and the Honorable Senator Udall is sitting on his thumbs sending out the same form letter for any constituent letter he receives.

Our Representative (the Honorable Douglas Lamborn), is all on fours with me, and we don't "need " a town meeting. He is also a big 2A fella!

The Dems are getting some real flak from what I hear.

I was honored to speak at a tea party in my town. Because I am a member of the clergy, I got ripped in the newspaper by some clown who does not understand that politics affect religion. For example, hate crime legislation will make it illegal for me to call a behavior sinful. Forgive me for suggesting that we pray for our nation and our leaders. I just don't understand what is so hateful about that?

We may be frustrated by different things, but we need to respect each other when we protest. Our event was peaceful. Unfortunately, that angered some people....

I think we need to keep talking on this because it's looking like not good.

I'm afraid this isn't a Dem or Rep issue. the whole congress/senate seems to be in cahoots.

The Obama storm troopers beat the tar out of a black conservative in St Louis. The news made it sound like a couple of people in a scuffle. But by the pictures on the news it is clear they were bouncers. Each of the former Acorn people looked more like body builders or wrestlers.

This is going to be a bad time for our country. I also took the free SE Asian tour - twice 68-69 and 71-72. I understand and feel the frustration of seeing our flag disgraced. Although I do remember that a upside down flag is a sign of distress.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Vn6869, they acted like they had worked together before. I was surprised the camera did not get broken after they pointed at it a couple of times.

Need a layered observation strategy, IMO. I think we will see thugs targeting the cameras next.

Private Conferences?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Unfortunately, the Honorable Senator Bennett of Colorado is having invitation only "private conferences" <Coward>, and the Honorable Senator Udall is sitting on his thumbs sending out the same form letter for any constituent letter he receives.

Our Representative (the Honorable Douglas Lamborn), is all on fours with me, and we don't "need " a town meeting. He is also a big 2A fella!

The Dems are getting some real flak from what I hear.
    I was unaware that the average constituent needed a "private conference" to meet with their elected officials. This must be so that they can avoid the "right wing extremests" who ask the hard questions!

It goes to show you that it's time for a major shake-up in our government next year. I've lost count of the times I've sent emails, made phone calls, etc. to my elected officials. Now I'm getting more emails, mailers, etc. than I have in the past 10 years or more.

It's amazing how we "free speech" people who want to ask our various elected officials could make them so nervous. I just want to ask my elected officials one simple question. Does he/she read the various bills before he votes on them??? So far, I have not gotten a return email from my senator's office on that question.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links