Appleseeds

This is a discussion on Appleseeds within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just found out about this from Facebook. Gotta love the internets, as I doubt I would have otherwise!!! The Appleseed Project Welcome to the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appleseeds

Appleseeds

I just found out about this from Facebook. Gotta love the internets, as I doubt I would have otherwise!!!

The Appleseed Project

Welcome to the Appleseed Project

What the RWVA (Revolutionary War Veterans Association) is all about:
    The Appleseed Program is designed to take you from being a simple rifle owner to being a true rifleman. All throughout American history, the rifleman has been defined as a marksman capable of hitting a man-sized target from 500 yards away — no ifs, ands or buts about it. This 500-yard range is traditionally known as "the rifleman's quarter-mile;" a rifleman can hit just about any target he can see. This skill was particularly evident in the birth of our country, and was the difference in winning the Revolutionary War.
    This is pretty cool! I am thinking of how I may be able to take part in this!!!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Sounds interesting.

Keep us posted.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    There are a ton of the two-day Appleseed events around, and they are pretty cheap (women and kids actually can go for free). The g/f and I are signed up for one in about a month, and I am really looking forward to it!
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

They are excellent.

I did one last year on July 3rd/4th for the first time and found it to be a blast.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    cool....

I have a couple friends that did one in Payson last fall - winter.. And I have a few more friends that are going to NV to one next month.. From what I hear it is a good time..

I thought it was gonna have something to do with planting appleseeds so we could eat some apples
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I thought it was gonna have something to do with planting appleseeds so we could eat some apples

Lead seeds,.. You'll plant about 500 of them..

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Really...? Those 18th century flintlocks were accurate out to 500 yards...?

Wow... I thought 150-200 yards max...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    Really...? Those 18th century flintlocks were accurate out to 500 yards...?

Wow... I thought 150-200 yards max...
    I have to agree here,. 150 yards throwing a ball,. Ya,. That is allot,...

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Maybe in Napoleonic warfare... if you got 50 guys throwing lead downrange at another 50 guys lined up in a row, maybe 500 yards is still possible...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    Maybe in Napoleonic warfare... if you got 50 guys throwing lead downrange at another 50 guys lined up in a row, maybe 500 yards is still possible...
    Rather like the British longbowmen -- drawing to the ear making right to left aiming rather difficult, but adding distance. Get the range right and you'll get someone along the line.

OTOH they weren't all armed with smoothbore muskets.

The Battle of Saratoga was a turning point in the Revolutionary War. And one of the major turning points in the battle was when sniper Timothy Murphy shot and killed Gen. Simon Fraser of the British army on Oct. 7, 1777.

Murphy, a rifleman in Morgan's Kentucky Riflemen, hit Gen. Fraser at a distance of about 500 yards using one of the famous long-barreled Pennsylvania/Kentucky rifles.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Senior Moderator
    All you have to do is know the gun...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

We(Marine Corps veterans) were taught during boot camp how to hit a man-sized target at 500 yards using open sights in the prone position with the M16/AR15 platform(I went to boot camp in 1998). 500 yard line was my favorite.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I did one last year on July 3rd/4th for the first time and found it to be a blast.
    Janq, what guns did you use? The same one both days or did you mix it up? I am thinking of using a .22LR for Saturday and bringing out the AR (assuming I get it in time ) for Sunday...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links