We need to be vigilant!

We need to be vigilant!

This is a discussion on We need to be vigilant! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I read last night that the anti-gunner's want to use any crisis to their benefit. As happened in Great Britain, to disarm them completely. Well ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We need to be vigilant!

I read last night that the anti-gunner's want to use any crisis to their benefit. As happened in Great Britain, to disarm them completely. Well we need to be very vigilant against it here. It won't happen in one fell swoop, rather a little chip here and a little chip there, as water erodes stone.

Please read this article and contact the appropriate Washington crowd. Tell them that you aren't a criminal. That the extremely few bad CCW persons are completely overshadowed by the millions of LEGAL gun owners and CCW holders.

Our country is changed, not by the majority, but by the rabid minority. We need to ensure we are heard LOUD and CLEAR! Otherwise, we could lose our Constitutional RKBA.

Will gun rights be curtailed in the wake of the gym shooting? | Personal Liberty Digest
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

I agree. I am getting sick and tired of being treated like a subpar citizen. This is the land of the free not the enslaved.

The Nazis did the same thing in the 30's. Disarmed the citizens. And we all know how that turned out.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

What “they” don’t understand is criminals don’t need a permit to carry a gun. Those citizens who went berserk and used their carry weapon to kill other would have done it with our without having a CCL. A person dead set on committing a crime is not going to let a little thing like committing another crime stop them.

That would be like expecting a bank robber not to speed as he leaves the scene.

But your right, the anti gunners will use everything that’s available to take away the 2nd amendment.. It won’t be done over night, but it will our rights will be chipped away.

Ms. Rand's assertion....

in the article that permit holders are the ones that commit murders raised my ire to the level that I was compelled to e-mail the group. I raised some relevant points, such as has the group ever done a 'study' to ascertain how many murders have been committed by registered democrats, or persons known to espouse liberal idealogy. I am certain the cretins will have a good chuckle over my message, and will certainly not respond. I wrote it perfectly politely in tone and manner. We will see!
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

For further info on this, look at [url=http://www.examiner.com This is titled lies, damn lies and vpc statistics. It debunks the vpc report with facts.

I gave my .02 on it

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    The Nazis did the same thing in the 30's. Disarmed the citizens. And we all know how that turned out.
    +1 people act like this can't happen again... I'm not saying that it will be "identical" but the ideals and philosophy could slowly creep into the mainstream.

Until the rate of criminals that commit gun crimes is lower then CCW holders that commit gun crimes I think I'll stick with the fellow CCW'ers for now.

Thanks for posting.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone55 View Post
    I agree. I am getting sick and tired of being treated like a subpar citizen. This is the land of the free not the enslaved.
    The liberal mainstream media has a lot to do with that. If anything, the battle needs to start with gaining control of the media. It's the media that constantly demonizes CCW holders. It's the media that constantly plays up to the anti gunners.

I like how they can take 6 or 7 individuals out of the millions of CCW holders and try and twist it to make it seem as all of us are blatant murderous criminals.

I too am going to send them a letter and I am investigating slander laws regarding this. I am a law abiding person. I pay my taxes and I actually enjoy following the law, because as a father and a citizen, I am charged with setting an example.

I seriously think that there has to be a way for a class action lawsuit in this slanderous accusation. Oh I am

They get away with this only because they are allowed to. We need to act in every legal manner at our disposal. NOW!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

This will never end. There will always be those who believe guns have no place in our society. All we can do is continue to fight for our rights.

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=usafvet;1257338]For further info on this, look at [url=http://www.examiner.com This is titled lies, damn lies and vpc statistics. It debunks the vpc report with facts.[/QUOTE]

Try:
    http://www.examiner.com/x-3253-Minneapolis-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m7d21-Lies-damn-lies-and-VPC-statistics

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

To bad another CWP holder didn't take them out.

Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    To bad another CWP holder didn't take them out.
    Thinking about this, I really wonder how it would have played out in the news. What a paradox! I bet it wouldn't have seen national coverage!

Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Dont lose hope the Liberals and their media and their president and their congress is under heavy fire by conservatism right now. The next president may make a nice shift in our direction ...

The glass is only half full right now. We let them drain it but we are stopping them to some amount atleast.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links