Colorado Governor Ritter Wrong Again!

This is a discussion on Colorado Governor Ritter Wrong Again! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Colorado Residents: Please Sign the RMGO Petition! Governor Ritter wants to levy a tax on guns! This is after a veto of Pro 2A legislation ...

Thread: Colorado Governor Ritter Wrong Again!

Exclamation Colorado Governor Ritter Wrong Again!

Colorado Residents: Please Sign the RMGO Petition!

Governor Ritter wants to levy a tax on guns! This is after a veto of Pro 2A legislation passed by the House and Senate last spring!

Click here to sign our Petition against Ritter's Gun Tax! Stop the Ritter Gun Grab

Though this idea has been rejected by both Republican and Democrat controlled legislatures, Ritter now claims it will bring $500 million to state coffers.

"The Governor's office is using estimates for firearms purchases based on recent purchase numbers, and it highly inflates the number," said Dudley Brown, the Executive Director of the largest pro-gun organization in Colorado, Rocky Mountain Gun Owners. Since the election of Barack Obama the number of firearms sales have skyrocketed across the nation.

"But even with a smaller number, he's forcing citizens who practice a constitutionally protected right to pay a tax first, much like the old Jim Crow laws," said Brown. "We don't believe gun owners should have to ask permission to buy a firearm in the first place, and we're now supposed to pay for their gun control?"

Colorado uses a "Baby Brady" Registration system system to check purchasers' backgrounds. This puts gun owners in double jeopardy, since they must go through the FBI check as well as that of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. If Colorado's Brady Act was repealed, the FBI would conduct Brady Registration Checks, which wouldn't cost Colorado citizens and would shorten the wait time to 30 seconds -- as opposed to CBI checks, which often take hours.

"Now, Governor Ritter wants to put a tax on that registration as well. He might just as well repeal our State Constitution's protections," said Brown, "since they don't seem to matter to him."

Colorado's Brady Act was passed in 2000 under a Republican-controlled legislature and Governor.

Click here to sign our Petition against Ritter's Gun Tax! Stop the Ritter Gun Grab

We need to send a STRONG message to Ritter standing against the Second Amendment! Sign the RMGO Petition, and join RMGO!

Thank you!

2. Remove Ads

No IQ test for being a Governor.

You need to vote this one out at the next election.

Ritters an idiot. I would love to see that moron out of our lives. In the mean time, thanks for the post, passing it along in an email to everyone I know in the state.

Edit: I take that back, I do not like the formatting and wording. I urge anyone in Colorado to make your own calls and hand write letters stating, in no uncertain terms, that this issue will be the deciding factor in how you vote next time. The issue I will pass along though, so thanks for bringing to attention.

Tax toilet paper,see how fast he gets wiped out of office
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    signed.

I've heard from some prominent people near Ritter that he has no chance of winning re election. He's alianated all the intrest groups who were responsible for his election (i.e. labor and Ag to name two). He's killed the economy in this state and the only two businesses he supports are Vestas (wind towers, european company importing China made gearboxes) and Abound Solar.

And to remain on topic - there's obviously the problem with his stance on 2A and the state constitution protecting gun rights.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Signed. I don't know much about Ritter, but this is a pretty stupid move.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    Signed. I don't know much about Ritter, but this is a pretty stupid move.
    And not the first stupid move he's made. He killed the move to allow Concealed Carry permit holders to buy guns without another redundant background check and the Senior and Disabled Vets property tax exemption. I'd say he has alienated quite a few voters. This guy needs to go. I for one won't forget on election day.

Ritter is a complete dolt IMHO - and appointed another to the vacant Senate seat - Bennet.

So now we have Bennet, Udall and Ritter. A Trifecta. Arghhhhhh! Watch the Colorado news well - under assault.

Consider joing RMGO - Rocky Mountain Gun Owners - Home

They will fight for our rights as well as keep us informed on a state level!

Links