Elections to the US Senate And House

This is a discussion on Elections to the US Senate And House within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The 2010 United States House of Representatives elections will be held on November 2, 2010, halfway through President Barack Obama's first term in office. Elections ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elections to the US Senate And House

Elections to the US Senate And House

The 2010 United States House of Representatives elections will be held on November 2, 2010, halfway through President Barack Obama's first term in office. Elections will be held for all 435 seats, representing the 50 U.S. states.

Elections to the United States Senate will be held on November 2, 2010, with at least 36 of the 100 seats in the United States Senate contested.

The 2010 elections will be interesting, and I plan to do a lot more research this time. I am just wondering, how the rest of you folks feel on the subject. I would like to see Obama saddled with a republican held senate and house for the second half of his one term.

Regards
    Rick
    "Fail Your Way To Success"
    "A Goal without a Plan, is Just a Dream"
    "Age and treachery will win over Youth and Enthusiasm"

2. Remove Ads

I always ask the candidates where they stand on my key issues.

And this time will be no different.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I always ask the candidates where they stand on my key issues.

And this time will be no different.
    Yep. Find the candidate who looks good at first glance and then do a little digging into their voting record and public contributions.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

It would be nice to get real humans in the seats,...

I agree, if we want change, its up to us to do it through votes. That may not always work, but if we do our homework and dig some, it helps.
    Jamie

VIP Member
    Provided the tea parties continue and American's remain vigilant on the issues of freedom and less government, we should be able to reestablish some balance. We all need to support ($) the GOP and encourage our friends, neighbors and associates to vote Republican.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Yep. Find the candidate who looks good at first glance and then do a little digging into their voting record and public contributions.
    +1 on voting records.

Past performance is the best predictor of future behavior.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Agree, & with the interweb, researching votes & PAC money is easy. I still am very concerned with the upcoming cenus, ACORN & others are hell-bent to rig the numbers and re-draw as many districts as they can (gerrymandering).
    As for my personal voting record (not that anyone cares) but I almost always (99.9 %) vote Repub or Libertarian.
    The only time I didn't was when I was stationed in Corpus Christi around 97-2000, and I voted for the local (Dem) congressman (Ortiz), only because he was so ingrained into the military committees in congress, that I felt like he had the best interest of that base in mind.
    Last edited by soonershoote; August 21st, 2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: my grammar blows goats
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    I'm not going to vote for Republicans. They're the same as democrats. I'm either going to stay at home or vote for the libertarian candidate. Let's all vote for the ideaological bankrupt fringe that has no chance of winning. We can make a difference!

Administrator
    Keep it 2nd Amendment or Firearms Legislation related as VS General Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Politics.

Forum Rules Page.
    9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly.
    For this reason, we prohibit these subjects in our discussions.
    We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    SelfDefense, since belonging to one of the two main parties is the only way to win, I guess staying home is a vote for the Dems.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Alte View Post
    SelfDefense, since belonging to one of the two main parties is the only way to win, I guess staying home is a vote for the Dems.
    +1 that's exactly correct!

Quote Originally Posted by boerep View Post
    The 2010 United States House of Representatives elections will be held on November 2, 2010, halfway through President Barack Obama's first term in office. Elections will be held for all 435 seats, representing the 50 U.S. states.

Elections to the United States Senate will be held on November 2, 2010, with at least 36 of the 100 seats in the United States Senate contested.

The 2010 elections will be interesting, and I plan to do a lot more research this time. I am just wondering, how the rest of you folks feel on the subject. I would like to see Obama saddled with a republican held senate and house for the second half of his one term.

Regards
    Rick
    It would be nice if somehow we could have a section here on the forum where people could post about candidates in their states on key issues like their stance on ownership and gun law. That way others could research more on a candidate that is also part of their election.. ect...

Forget about what they say, check their voting records.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

MJK
    2edge...you're right on the money! Politicians speak lots of gobbledygook that sounds nice but often times is meaningless. Check their voting record to get the best indication of future behavior. Case in point: OB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links