AARP ... anti 2A stance..... (& an alternative)

This is a discussion on AARP ... anti 2A stance..... (& an alternative) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If this is in the wrong place, pls move it. AARP has taken 2 positions, saying they represent Seniors (anyone over 50) on and "lobby ...

Thread: AARP ... anti 2A stance..... (& an alternative)

AARP ... anti 2A stance..... (& an alternative)

If this is in the wrong place, pls move it.

AARP has taken 2 positions, saying they represent Seniors (anyone over 50) on and "lobby Congress" on. (1) is that there should be more firearm restrictions, registration of firearms, etc. and are fully supportive of the Brady Bunch, (2) they fully support of Obamacare and even financing ads in support of it, even tho it reduces $500 billion out of medicarem which obviously will also cut the amount of care (it's fairly limited now).

Obama and AARP, both have stated that the "townhall protest are ORGANIZED BY THE REPUBLICANS to "......

"200,000 people have consequentially canceled their AARP memberships since July 1, 2009 due to their support of the Brady group on guns, and Obamacare. "

AARP : AARP supports keeping seniors defenseless (a small example)

We do continue to support careful measures to restrict the availability of handguns to certain populations.

The prevalence of random violence featuring handguns in some
    neighborhoods has resulted in numbers of older people becoming virtual prisoners in their homes. Increasingly, families are suffering the loss of children and grandchildren who are the victims of violent
    crimes and senseless shootings. While registration requirements do not eliminate criminal or psychotic misuse of handguns, such requirements reduce the availability of guns, just as laws do not eliminate but do reduce the availability of illegal narcotics.
    Reduced availability to inappropriate users means lives saved.

I want to emphasize that AARP policy does not preclude gun ownership for responsible citizens, just as no federal or state law precludes ownership for responsible citizens.

How well does AARP listen to it's members ?? Here's a "taste".
    YouTube - AARP Town Hall Meeting on Health Care - Dallas, August 4, 2009

I have recently "cancelled my membership" in AARP due to their stance on these issues. Instead, I am joining the following organization ... Amercian Senior Association ...... who says they fully support ALL Constitutional rights, including the 2nd Amendment. They are also 'against' the Obamacare plan. They have many of the same benefits, discounts, etc.

Medicare Insurance Prescription Discounts Senior Citizens

I'll put my money where my mouth is. I encourage you to send a message if you are an AARP member, and cancel yours as well.

2. Remove Ads

The people in the head office of AARP have made a statement that a lot of the members disagree with. You have a few antis who think they speak for every one. I'm one of those people who disagree with the AARP. There are a lot of other companies doing the same.

I quit the AARP after one year. They are a virulent anti gun bunch. Now I send their postpaid envelopes back with a few huge washers in them.

So what exactly do they mean when they say they want to restrict certain populations in certain neighborhoods from having firearms? I think if they were a conservative group, critics would automatically assume they were talking about black people in low income neighborhoods and accuse them of speaking in some mysterious code only conservatives can decipher.

Now, AARP wouldn't stand for such a thing would they? I realize gun control has roots in deep-seated racism, but I figured the AARP was beyond that. Guess not.

I have stayed away from AARP for the last ten years and can't see a reason I would ever support them.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    I quit the AARP after one year. They are a virulent anti gun bunch. Now I send their postpaid envelopes back with a few huge washers in them.
    Hmm, never thought of that!
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Maybe I'll try sending back a couple of nuts.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Yes, stuff those postage paid envelopes with as much old junk mail as will fit, since they have to pay the postage and postage is based on weight.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I cancelled my AARP membership due to their anti position.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

well i learned some new things today.... dont join aarp and pay back the junk mailers.

I just joined a new conservative group to replace this group:
    ASSOCIATION OF MATURE AMERICAN CITIZENS, Amac.
    Join them they look to be a new force!!

Unwanted mail with postage paid return shipping gets 5 to 10 bricks graciously returned to them. But then again, I'm nearly 90% evil- I took the test.

Amazingly, I don't get much junk mail any more.

Dirty

I fill them with flyers from other bills I get, especially the ones from mobil, bp shell and the like. It is fun.
    Eric

EM1(SS) Retired

For freedom is never free someone else just picks up tab.

Kimber Custom II
    Kimber Eclips Pro II
    Marlin Camp Rifle .45acp

A 9mm may expand but a .45acp won't shrink

Remember there are only two types of Ships in the Navy, SUBMARINES and Targets!

Links