Lee County Florida is Misrepresenting Gun Laws - Page 2

Lee County Florida is Misrepresenting Gun Laws

This is a discussion on Lee County Florida is Misrepresenting Gun Laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Update: First email to the city sent over Labor day weekend (9/6) went unanswered. They are usually pretty good about responding so I gave them ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee County Florida is Misrepresenting Gun Laws

Update:
    First email to the city sent over Labor day weekend (9/6) went unanswered. They are usually pretty good about responding so I gave them a week and then sent a second one yesterday (9/14), addressed directly to the city manager. He responded within a hour, like a said they are usually very prompt.

He thanked me for the email and said due to the nature of my concern forwarded it to the city attorney for research and will contact me when they have clarification.

I still have to get my lazy butt over to one of the parks with my camera for a picture.

I'm looking forward to hearing back, I will keep you posted

Here is a photo of the sign at one of the parks, they all have the same prohibitions. If you click on the thumbnail weapons is on the bottom right. There is an ordinance on the books as well, so it is beyond jut ignoring a sign.

I still haven't heard back from the city manager or attorney so I will be sending follow up email tomorrow or stopping by city hall for a chat. Seems like they are trying the ol' 'if we ignore it, it will go away' routine but that's not going to happen.

Keep you posted
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJim View Post
    Here is a photo of the sign at one of the parks, they all have the same prohibitions. If you click on the thumbnail weapons is on the bottom right. There is an ordinance on the books as well, so it is beyond jut ignoring a sign.

I still haven't heard back from the city manager or attorney so I will be sending follow up email tomorrow or stopping by city hall for a chat. Seems like they are trying the ol' 'if we ignore it, it will go away' routine but that's not going to happen.

Keep you posted
    I have it Jim. I'll get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJim View Post

Keep you posted
    After reading it there is nothing like a sign that basically says "We don't want you to do anything in our park!"
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar

You tell 'em Sarge.......

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    Is this the Buckley of "Golstein, Buckley, Sechman, Rice and Purtz"?

Gotta love those catchy jingles they have on their ads.

As for Lee County parks and rec, they are nothing but a bunch of tree huggin, anti-hunting (try hunting on conservation 20/20 land), nanny state, Yankees, who want to turn the real Florida into what they think it should be or make it how it was "up north." They all make me sick. One of the reasons I got out of FL. I got tired of living in occupied territory under the thumb of a bunch of tyrannical transplants from the liberal bastions of New England.
    To think that the County is named after Robert E. Lee. (SgtD bows head in reverence, shame, and disgust....slowly wipes moisture from the corner of his eye)
    The Florida I (and three generations before me) grew up in is no longer in existance. It makes me sick to even think about it.
    Those carpetbaggers need to turn tail and head back north to Kennedy country.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Appreciated Buckley. I can send you a copy of the emails if you like.

Update: After a month of back and forth emails with the city manager the response was they stand by the city ordinance. I sent yet another email asking for clarification on their stance, since it is clearly a violation of Fla state law but haven't received a response to that yet.

I just received a final email statement from the City manager. Basically, he stated that the city 'doesn't believe firearms belong in the parks', that 'many youth, athletic and school events are held there'. The ordinance is 'generally consistent' with state law.

They have made their stance clear and that is an anti second amendment stand.

There are some athletic (not school related) events held in some of the parks, there are also passive parks that have no facilities and are just for relaxing.

Typical liberal mentality the female parks manager has. Even in light of the fact that they are violating the "law" she thinks there may be a way around it and will wait to do the "lawful" thing which is to remove the signs.
    A politician trying to weasel their way around a law they don't like is not a conservative or liberal trait. It's a weasel politician trait.

Another recent reply

I'd love to see the wording on these signs changed to read

NO ILLEGAL OR ILLEGALLY CARRIED FIREARMS ALLOWED
    Let the sheep dwell on that one.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Let the sheep dwell on that one.
    some sheep are stubborn as mules

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links