WTH?

This is a discussion on WTH? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK, so yesterday I was at Walmart in Sebastian FL and a shipment of ammo had come in. I waited as the guy opened up ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTH?

WTH?

OK, so yesterday I was at Walmart in Sebastian FL and a shipment of ammo had come in. I waited as the guy opened up the mostly empty cartons to reveal about 3 boxes of .40, one box of Remington 45 automatic and a couple of other things, no 9mm.

As luck would have it, today I had to drive to Lake Wales FL. The Walmart there seemed to have quite a lot of ammo (for these times) I remarked about the scarcity and the woman said, "You know who's doing it don't you? The White House." Then she told me that we won't be able to buy ammo or get a CCWP after January. She also said they are going to tax every firearm you own. I asked her where she heard this and she said, "On the news." I came home and found nothing about this on the internet. What the heck is she talking about?
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

2. Remove Ads

Was she wearing a tin foil hat too?

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Or likely she has hearn it from all those gun nuts coming in to hoard ammo. (hey, where is the sarcasm font?)
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

VIP Member
    I usually take statements like hers with a grain of salt. In her case though I think a carton would be more appropriate. She's full of you know what.

Don't sweat it. A couple of things to keep in mind, first carry permits are issued by the states, they have nothing to do with the white house. As far as the taxation thing goes, except for a few states where you have to register each and every weapon you have, and private sales are illegal, they have no way of knowing who has what to tax them!
    Every couple of weeks someone posts about an email that has gone around about having to declare all weapons on next years tax return. Old news, went no where, nothing to worry about. The rumors she was spreading IIRC go back to the day after Obama got elected. Supposedly he was going to reinstate the AWB, and do all kinds of other stuff the day he got sworn in. Hasn't happened. I don't think we have anything to worry about from him until the next election. After that it doesn't matter. Either he has his second term so he doesn't have to worry about annoying us or he has already lost and has nothing left to lose. If anything is going to happen, that is when I would be worried.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Taking tax advice and political advice from a Walmart employee makes about as much sense as taking legal advice from someone on the internet.

Proceed at your own risk!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Please stop busting Wal-mart employees chops. Not all of us are stupid or know it alls. Some of us are decent people just trying to make a living. My apologies if this seems like nit picking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You need to read this, and not skip over it.... it's what she is probably referring to. I've written all my representatives on it, who all state they are totally against it.

Seems the woman may be more up-to-date than some others are.

If you look at the OpenCongress link, it presently has a 2% approval rate. That's pretty awesome. I was unaware about this bill before this thread, but I'm definitely going to be letting my Rep know I oppose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    Please stop busting Wal-mart employees chops. Not all of us are stupid or know it alls. Some of us are decent people just trying to make a living. My apologies if this seems like nit picking.
    I assume you were referring to the following statement?

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45
    Taking tax advice and political advice from a Walmart employee makes about as much sense as taking legal advice from someone on the internet.

Proceed at your own risk!
    What's the problem? I wouldn't trust legal advice obtained from the manager of our local grocery store or my local gun store either. I think the response would have been the same had the advice come from a clerk at Cabellas.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Administrator
    My back hurts today, I'm going to see what the pimple faced Beavis at the McD's drive through has to say about it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sounds like she may be related to Sarah Brady...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    You need to read this, and not skip over it.... it's what she is probably referring to. I've written all my representatives on it, who all state they are totally against it.

Seems the woman may be more up-to-date than some others are.
    I have been researching this for some time, and this really doesnt bother me,YET i truly dont think this will ever pass...
    I hope not any way

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetuza View Post
    OK, so yesterday I was at Walmart in Sebastian FL and a shipment of ammo had come in. I waited as the guy opened up the mostly empty cartons to reveal about 3 boxes of .40, one box of Remington 45 automatic and a couple of other things, no 9mm.

As luck would have it, today I had to drive to Lake Wales FL. The Walmart there seemed to have quite a lot of ammo (for these times) I remarked about the scarcity and the woman said, "You know who's doing it don't you? The White House." Then she told me that we won't be able to buy ammo or get a CCWP after January. She also said they are going to tax every firearm you own. I asked her where she heard this and she said, "On the news." I came home and found nothing about this on the internet. What the heck is she talking about?
    I am just surprised that the employee seemed to understand what bullets were. Walmarts around here seem to stock the sporting goods section with people from the craft and shoe departments.

As for her comments just the random type of fearmongering that has been happening lately. Just like the salesman that told me Remington wasn't going to be making the 870 anymore after Christmas.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links