My letter to my Senators

This is a discussion on My letter to my Senators within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Message sent to the following recipients: Senator Warner Senator Webb September 9, 2009 [recipient address was inserted here] [recipient name was inserted here], I urge ...

Thread: My letter to my Senators

VIP Member

My letter to my Senators

Message sent to the following recipients:
    Senator Warner
    Senator Webb

September 9, 2009

[recipient address was inserted here]

[recipient name was inserted here],

I urge you to vote AGAINST Cass Sunstein as the head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, as I am very concerned about the impact this "Regulatory Czar" would have upon firearms and hunting.

Here in Virginia, the will of the people was confirmed in November 2000, by amending (Article XI, Section 4 of our constitution, relating to the right of the people to hunt, fish, and harvest game.

This kook will do all in his power to end run "Section 4. Right of the people to hunt, fish, and harvest game. -- The people have a right to hunt, fish, and harvest game, subject to such regulations and restrictions as the General Assembly may prescribe by general law."

On the other hand, Sunstein told a Harvard audience in 2007, "we ought to ban hunting." If that were all Sunstein believed, he would be dangerous and extreme, but not necessarily kooky. Unfortunately, in Sunstein's world, animals should have just as many rights as people... and they should be able to sue humans in court!

The voters of Virginia will have nothing to do with support of this
    radical.

Moreover, he is a firm supporter of gun control. In Radicals in Robes: Why Extreme Right-Wing Courts are Wrong for America (2005), Sunstein says that, "Almost all gun control legislation is constitutionally fine."

Again, he shows his effete disregard for the values of your constituents.

If Sunstein is part of the small minority who opposes licensed concealed carry -- 11% of Americans (according to a Zogby/O'Leary poll in August), association with him is a betrayed of the value of the vast majority of Virginians.

I hope you will understand that Cass Sunstein's views are WAY OUT OF THE MAINSTREAM of Virginian and most of American thought and values" -- hence you should vote NO on this radical, kooky nomination.

Sincerely,

[My name and phone number]
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar
    Thanks! I copied this & after some editing, sent it to my two Texas Senators!

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Great letter!
    [One Nation Under God]

Links