Open Public Meeting, Gun Laws, Trenton, NJ

This is a discussion on Open Public Meeting, Gun Laws, Trenton, NJ within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gunther45, that's exactly what I did. I got my FL permit, when there was talks of PA dropping FL I started filling out my VA ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Open Public Meeting, Gun Laws, Trenton, NJ

Gunther45, that's exactly what I did. I got my FL permit, when there was talks of PA dropping FL I started filling out my VA forms. I went to the local PD, the officer took a look at the form and asked what it was for. When I said a VA CC permit he said hold on I have to check. Walked back in 5 minutes later and said OK.

2. Remove Ads

Fair NJ Gun Laws

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    Gunther45, that's exactly what I did. I got my FL permit, when there was talks of PA dropping FL I started filling out my VA forms. I went to the local PD, the officer took a look at the form and asked what it was for. When I said a VA CC permit he said hold on I have to check. Walked back in 5 minutes later and said OK.
    To my knowledge PA still accepts FL. I do believe PA only allows Handgun and FL offers any concealed weapon short of a DD ( although I would like to see a criminals face if you pulled out a 40mm Thumper).
    PA gun laws are good, not as lenient as some but at least fair. I am not asking for all states to be like Vermont, I think people should have some sort of firearms training before they can just carry a gun around. I have no issue with a $200 tax stamp on certain weapons ( I Don't believe it should apply to SBR's though )
    I have a friend that I always get in arguments ( debates) with. He is very Far Right leaning, and I don't have a problem with that , I am pretty much in the middle but certain views will be to the right and others to the left, we are both gun enthusiasts and go to the range a lot, him more than I. He brought up the fact that they are trying to pass a law that Prohibits CCW individual from bringing his/her firearm into a restaurant. Mind you we both live in Jersey , It is impossible to get a NJ CCW let alone bring it in a restaurant. I explained that the Law probably only applies to restaurants serving alcohol. I personally do not believe people should be able to legally bring firearms into bars. Firearms are a right IMHO to every American but with that right comes responsibility. And Alcohol and firearms don't fix , although I will sometimes drink a beer while cleaning my gun's.
    He goes on about a federal law and state law. State Law superceeds Federal Law , which although doesn't make much sense is actually a good thing. I think he wants a Federal Law to say you can and overrule any state laws, but the problem with that is , it will set a Legal Precedent and any crazy banning laws they want will be nation wide. I am more for state laws so we can at least move to other places when where we live like Jersey gets to unbearable ( the cost of living is just as bad as the laws).
    What I want:
    (Obtainable) CCW in NJ-An Armed Society is a Polite Society
    High Capacity Mags in NJ - Reloading Sucks
    (Obtainable) NFA CLASS III Weapons Allowed- Full Auto is fun in Bursts
    Remove the Handgun Purchase Permit- Takes too Long and you have a record of the sale anyway
    Remove the 1 handgun a month ( starts next year) -because it might take longer than a month to get the permit.
    Remove the crazy 1 box and sign the sheet on ammo at retail stores. Range prices are too expensive, very few retail stores sale ammo because it probably a headache for them, people just buy off the net because its better prices and we blow through a lot more than one box when we go to the range.

They can make laws very strict for those not following the guidlines but Basically.
    You can Keep the crazy locked gun in the trunk and ammo in the front of the vehicle law. Just make the CLASS III , High Capacity Mags only to be allowed at the range and personal residents. Transporting and not following the guidelines on the locked and separate is punishable by a Felony ( you loose your stuff )
    Simple and more Importantly FAIR GUN LAWS!!! IMHO

Since when can you only buy 1 box at a time? Granted I haven't purchased (9mm) in a while, I'm reloading and last time I bought ammo it was mail ordered.

I shoot in PA, last time I bought 22 I paid 1.47 for 50 rounds at Wallmart.

This law was nothing more than a "feel good" measure voted on by NJ politicians who obviously don't know(or frankly don't care) about what law abiding citizens in NJ need to go through just to own a gun. They said this was to cut down on "straw purchases", but you can't buy handguns in bulk. What do they think will happen if someone goes to their local PD and wants purchase permits for 30 handguns? Obviously they'd be red flagged immediately.
    Over at NJCSD.org, there is talk that possibly the FID card will be modified so that they can keep track of the OGAM limit. This would eliminate going to the local PD for a redundant permit every time you purchase a handgun. This would be a step forward, and would actually allow for someone to purchase 12/year. The current system may only allow 2-3/year, as PDs have taken in excess of 200 days to approve 1 single handgun permit.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    Since when can you only buy 1 box at a time? Granted I haven't purchased (9mm) in a while, I'm reloading and last time I bought ammo it was mail ordered.

I shoot in PA, last time I bought 22 I paid 1.47 for 50 rounds at Wallmart.
    I mostly buy Online due to cost. I posted that part because a friend of mine bought ammo in NJ, and that's what they told him. I bought in PA a month ago and Dicks Sporting Goods said 3 boxes max at a time. I still bought 3 because it was $10 cheaper per box of 9mm than NJ range Prices, and about Internet prices ( but INSTOCK ) w/o the shipping price. Agin we are only talking Handgun Ammo as I don't think there is any restrictions on Long Gun Ammo but NJ would surprise me.

I never buy Ammo at the range, way to expensive. I've been reloading 9mm, I'm estimating I'm paying $10 for 50 rounds of 124gr. I did buy a box at Dick's last week because I had a gift card, they wanted $15 for 115gr.

I would like to see the magazine size changed. I jsut bought s S&W M&P 15-22 and had to have the 25 round magazine pinned to be NJ compliant.

Civil War reenactors are watching them because of a sneaky proposed ban on "black powder" guns and hunting...although those folks still want reenactors to put on FREE or cheap shows at their festivals, fairs and similar community events. The gang can just go "BANG!" I guess. They are sneaky and do this **** bit by bit, a little at a time, after they whine about a crime.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links