WILL AMERICA BECOME LIKE the world in the movie V for Vendetta?

This is a discussion on WILL AMERICA BECOME LIKE the world in the movie V for Vendetta? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; WILL AMERICA BECOME LIKE the world in the movie V for Vendetta? I have read a few success stories on this site about how the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WILL AMERICA BECOME LIKE the world in the movie V for Vendetta?

I have read a few success stories on this site about how the news words successful robbery deaths as the robber being a victim of the gun, and it got me to thinking how the media changes everything around in the movie V for Vendetta, and was wondering people's thoughts on if America would ever get like that?
    It all ready kinda is!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I just saw this movie last weekend...I'd been avoiding it because of the many negative things said about it by "some" reviewers: "it's anti-government/anti-Bush/anti-America/etc." Last week, I was speaking to one of the vendors at work that I've known for many years...he's an anti-U.N., freedom loving ex-Brit who's now an American citizen (and no...he doesn't post on this forum ) whose opinion I value. He asked me if I'd seen V for Vendetta, and I told him "no, I heard that it was anti-gov't, etc."

He said that he had seen it, and it was a very good movie...not anti-gov't, but anti-tyranny.

And he was right.

It is a mixture of 1984 and Atlas Shrugged , and it really makes you examine your own beliefs and how you came by those beliefs.

Will America become like the world in V for Vendetta? I don't know... but it's only one of the questions this movie will force you to confront in your own mind.
    Last edited by Team American; April 7th, 2006 at 02:43 AM.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    I have heard of this movie but - seeing as I rarely if ever go to movie theater may be a while I'll wait until DVD appears - if not here already. Maybe PPV sometime.

Even without that sort of movie, these days there is still enough to provoke some quite serious thinking

So Rick you know another Ex Brit too - shucks, and you survived Sounds like my kinda guy.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Chris, are all ex-Brits so vocally anti-U.N.?
    I think that this movie will play well on DVD at home...you won't necessarily have to go to the theater to enjoy it. There is a lot of action in it, but a lot of thought provoking dialog as well.
    Last edited by Team American; April 7th, 2006 at 02:45 AM.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    Chris, are all ex-Brits so vocally anti-U.N.?
    Probably not Rick, as the ''sheeple quotient'' is I think alive and well in UK too. For many, the UN has a solar fundamental orifice

I do tho - perhaps understandably (ya know like with like) - have a good few old buddies there who are crazy (old) rebels like me and are not too enamored of the UN and can see thru a lot of the window dressing!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Movie in my opinion is not worth the price at the box office. However, it is entertaining enough and carries a good message. Anything is possible and I have learned never to say never. So sure, our government could theoretically become that controlling and backwards. I will not get into a monologue about revolt because frankly, are government is far from this kind of control and I love My Country. But when push comes to shove there is always strength in numbers and unity in a common cause.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

havent seen the movie yet wait for dvd but if its like 1984 then probley i think were heading that way

Well, my right wing girlfriend and I saw it. We both agreeded there is a limit to how far guberment can go before people act.
    We had some very interesting conversations about the message.

Me, I'd recommend going to see it. It doesn't surprise me that reviewers didn't give it high marks because it requires people to use critical thinking skills. This is something the people have lost.

I'll pick it up on DVD, just like I did with "Good Night and Good Luck"
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

[QUOTE=dpesec]Well, my right wing girlfriend and I saw it. We both agreeded there is a limit to how far guberment can go before people act.

I'd love to agree with that but I can't. Look at what has gone on in this country the sheep don't rise up A few things come to mind
    1-Ruby Ridge
    2-Waco
    3-New Orleans

More and more ever year I see the Constitution being flushed down the toilet.

Look at the rulings that come out of the Court. Now if someone in private business has just a few connections they can take your property.

To me when I look at all this and things like the Patroit Act I wonder what the founding fathers would say. Heck I know. They would tell you it is time to take the country back using any means it takes. We are way closer to a Police State then the Republic the founding fathers wanted.

Goverment is and for some years now been to the point were they care less about what the working people want. We at one time were a Government of the people by the people and for the people. Now we have become a government by the elite and for the elite.

A couple more things to show were we are heading NAFTA and CAFTA Over 1 million people a year just walk into the country. The only ones who care about this our the working men and women You see how much the leaders of the country in both parties care anymore. That is why for now on I will only vote the Constitution Party

It showed how far a government may go to control it's citizens, how power corrupts, and how willing some are to be led like sheep. This was England of the future where the governing branch had total power over all. Very good movie.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

interesting points lostone1413

I have not seen this movie because conservatives have been saying it is a terrorist apologist essay. Anti-American etc. Yet I have to wonder: What would happen in this country if we were victimized by a confluence of disasters? Perhaps a combination of another super hurricane and a massive WMD terror attack. Whatever. The infrastructure is shattered and there can be no federal response to the natural disaster because there is no federal government. The UN sends in "Peace Keepers." We become effectively a UN protectorate. The UN will do what the UN does. Taxes, gun control, open borders....yada yada yada

How would WE react? How would the patriots of 1775 be portrayed today? You betcha, they'd be called terrorists. Villified, demonized and shunned. I don't think the American Revolution of 1775 would succeed in the 21st century. But I am reminded of the old bumper sticker: When they outlaw guns...I'll be an OUTLAW!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

ExSoldier762. I really think you will see what you described come to be. I for one believe that their is a NWO made up of the Elite that really control the government. I believe the goal they have is a one world government with a one world monetary system. That is the true goal of the UN and the IMF. To reach that goal first they have to break America. You can see that happening everyday. Just look at NAFTA,CAFTA,Campaign Reform,the Patroit Act, The open borders that will turn this once great country into no more then a third world nation. The list can go on and on. America has only two ways it can survive.
    1-The people who truly believe in the Republic the way it was really setup start another Revolution and take the Republic back. 99% of the DC politicans in both parties are traitors and should be strung up

2-The American people wake up and realize that both parties are controlled by the Elite and neither are a friend of the Republic. So we put a 3rd party in charge of the country. Say the Constitution Party

I for one don't see either of the two things happening. If the American People had the love for the Republic that the Founding Fathers had you can bet their would have been another Revolution years ago

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Man this thread is becoming intense!
    Curry

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    The UN sends in "Peace Keepers." We become effectively a UN protectorate. The UN will do what the UN does. Taxes, gun control, open borders....yada yada yada
    We don't even need a "natural" disaster- our debt is to the point where dumping a few T-bills would start a major spiral. The solution: " The North American Community. Bound together with a strong and willing work force, with virtually unlimited agricultural and industrial production capacity.....We will need to unify under a common body of laws, etc., etc..", of course. That should pucker you up. Canada hasn't had testosterone since about '40-'45, and Mexico likes it's peasants just that- "peasants".

Edit: Ex, it isn't apologist as much as "inclusive". As stated, themes of 1984, Farenheit 451, Atlas Shrugged. Little heavy with the "homosexual persecution"(about 3-5 minutes worth), but that is what Hollyweird feels will connect them to the "Intelligencia". Well worth seeing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links