Nagin and 2A

This is a discussion on Nagin and 2A within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This mayor is a cry baby and a classic democrat in action looking for big brother to solve all his problems and to place blame ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nagin and 2A

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    This mayor is a cry baby and a classic democrat in action looking
    for big brother to solve all his problems and to place blame when
    he blunders!I glad he in the south ;we would not put up with his style
    of leadership where I live.In time of crisises why does the goverment think it has the ability to break the law?I would hide my guns before handing them over!Like any situation strong always prey on the weak.This guy a joker and could not lead anywhere else!

2. Remove Ads

My wife has a cousin who's husband is a Saint Tammany Parish Sheriff's Deputy. I saw this guy over Christmas. He's a good guy, liked him from the moment I first met him years ago. VERY pro-gun it always seemd to me. I asked him about the grab. Coulda knocked me over with a feather when he told me that he and his guys were confiscating guns ...but only from vehicles and boats trying to get in or out of the city of N.O. As if that made a difference. He argued further that I didn't know what it was like for a cop to be on the edge of a war zone and not knowing if the guys in the car were just going to open up or not. He claimed to have regularly stopped and grabbed carolads and boatloads of weapons....AND THEN when I ask him what HE would have done if BATF (or whomever) had come to HIS home after his weapons? Oh that'd be a MASSIVE firefight! He was getting pretty defensive and loud at a family gathering, so I just dropped the issue. But DANG! You just never know.

Which got me to pondering, sure there are a lot of pro 2nd Amendment cops out there. But how many would refuse a direct order from a superior or a ranking politician to go forth and grab guns? Let's say that the GOP is swept from office (Oval and Congress) in 2008. Hillary and company get into power. They run rampant and a gun ban passes. Chuckie Schumer's and Slimestein's wet dream....Mr & Mrs America...TURN THEM ALL IN! Just like Slimestein said on CNN a few years ago. The word goes forth to the states, the state governments pass the word to the locals. Yada Yada Yada. The Chief looks at Deputy Dawg and says: Your neighbor down yonder has a great collection of Trap & Skeet guns. Go get 'em. ???? ***? Over? Coming in broken and stupid, over?

What happens now? Does Deputy Dawg tell his chief to go PI$$ up a rope? Or does he contemplate that he's only a few years from full retirement? And who's gonna take care of his family while he's in the federal pen getting killed by the cons for being a cop? And won't the next cop only do the deed anyway??? These are valid questions WE better start addressing. Because it's only a matter of time before we find out....the hard way.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    What happens now? Does Deputy Dawg tell his chief to go PI$$ up a rope? Or does he contemplate that he's only a few years from full retirement? And who's gonna take care of his family while he's in the federal pen getting killed by the cons for being a cop? And won't the next cop only do the deed anyway??? These are valid questions WE better start addressing. Because it's only a matter of time before we find out....the hard way.
    Valid questions, but ones that can be only answered by the individual person, when it happens. There are a lot of things which you can't know how you yourself will react ahead of time no matter how deep in your own soul you dig. These questions (when considering the ramifications (retirement, job, federal jail, etc)) are some that many people can't answer ahead of time because they don't believe deeply enough in the principles; and when the time comes, their own needs may outweigh the moral consequences.

From my short time here I can tell that there are many officers on this forum that will not have the moral torment trying to decide what to do. That said, I doubt there are many that would bet against me if I was to say we here (I'm not an officer, by the way) are in the minority to have such strong feelings about this.

Hopefully that makes sense and I haven't offended anyone. I am aware we each hold differing values about many things, but one thing I believe we have in common (I am assuming by our association with this great forum) is the deeply held belief that the Second Amendment is necessary to live free.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi
    They should lock him up until the weapons are returned - kinda like the old debtors prison idea. I think that would light a fire under him to stop dragging his feet
    Should put him away for: Contempt of court, let him stay in jail until every gun returned.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links