Illinois Governor hopefull's response to my email.

This is a discussion on Illinois Governor hopefull's response to my email. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just thought I'd post this for other Illinois citizens. With the Illinois governor election right around the corner I thought I would email a ...

Thread: Illinois Governor hopefull's response to my email.

I just thought I'd post this for other Illinois citizens. With the Illinois governor election right around the corner I thought I would email a few of the candidates. So far I haven't gotten any emails back from other candidates. Below is the list of candidates I have emailed so far. ONLY Bill Brady (R) is the only one that has emailed me back. Farther down is my email and Bill's response. Just thought I'd share it.

* Brady, Bill
    * Dillard, Kirk
    * Hynes, Dan
    * Murphy, Matt
    * Proft, Dan
    * Quinn, Pat

Bill,

I'm a current resident of Effingham, Illinois (Southern Illinois) and I'm very curious what your stance is on the current gun laws as well as the non existent concealed carry laws in Illinois? I'm a strong supporter of the right to bear arms and believe Illinois should have concealed carry. We're only 1 of 2 states that does NOT have concealed carry while the other 48 states in our great nation have some form of concealed carry. With the money generated from concealed carry it would be a great upside to the Illinois budget as well as giving our citizens of Illinois their constitutional right to protect themselves.
    So what are you views on concealed carry and our current gun laws?

Thanks for your time,

Chris

-----
    BILL'S RESPONSE
    -----

Chris,

As a member of both the NRA and the ISRA with consistent A ratings, I support giving Illinois citizens the same protection through concealed carry as the citizens of 48 other states enjoy. I find it unacceptable that law-abiding Illinois citizens do not have the same rights as citizens in the other states. I have consistently supported concealed carry legislation and fought attempts by Chicago area legislators on both sides of the aisle to impose further restrictions on the ownership and use of firearms in Illinois. As Governor, I will continue to push for a "shall-issue" concealed carry law and oppose any legislation that infringes on the Second Amendment.

Thanks. If you have other questions, please email me.

Bill Brady

I think it's great to hear from a guy that see's eye to eye with every other state and what Illinois is missing pertaining to gun laws. It appears this guy is not some fat cat liberal from the State of Chicago. Hopefully Bill will be able to impact the gun laws in Illinois and have an ear to the ground in Southern Illinois.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I guess that helps narrow the field come election day. I am needing to do the same for California's upcoming gubernatorial race.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

njr
    You might also want to email Rich Whitney, the Green Party candidate for Governor of IL.

A good platform of progressive taxation and in 2006 he supported open carry, although with a Cook County opt out option.

Not the best re the 2nd, but I find his stance on the other issues, and the fact that the ILGP doesn't accept corporate campaign contributions and advocates a break from parties that do, more than makes up for his other shortcomings.
    By the forests, behind the guns/In the streets and in the houses/Between the tanks, by the roadside/At the hands of the men, of the women, of the children/In the cold, in the dark, in hunger....

Bertolt Brecht, "To The German Soldiers In The East", stanza 9.

Sponsored Links