Your opinion on these bills?

This is a discussion on Your opinion on these bills? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello, I just received this in my email, it talks about a few bills that are decidedly Anti-2A, but I don't have much info on ...

Thread: Your opinion on these bills?

Your opinion on these bills?

Hello,
    I just received this in my email, it talks about a few bills that are decidedly Anti-2A, but I don't have much info on them. I know there are those members here that are more educated on these than I, so what say you?

Legislation Still Under the Radar Would Devastate U.S. Gun Ownership Rights | Personal Liberty Digest

Legislation Still Under the Radar Would Devastate U.S. Gun Ownership Rights

September 30, 2009 by Bob Livingston
    Legislation Still Under the Radar Would Devastate U.S. Gun Ownership Rights

And itís not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who arenít like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.ĖPresident Barack Obama in San Francisco at a 2008 fundraiser.

While high profile issues like passage of a healthcare reform bill and cap and trade energy tax are getting front page headlines and top billing by television talking heads, be very wary of stealth legislation slowly working its way through Congress to restrict gun ownership.

Passage of either of two bills, HR 45 (also known as Blair-Holt Firearm Licensing and Record Sale Act of 2009) and S 1317, would be a devastating blow to Second Amendment rights.

HR 45, introduced by Rep. Bobby Rush, would make it illegal to own a gun unless you are fingerprinted and can provide a driverís license and Social Security number.

Additionally under HR 45, a person buying a gun would have to undergo both a physical and mental evaluation before making a firearm purchase. It also would require guns be secured from access by children under age 18, and would empower law enforcement officers to come into your home to check compliance.

S 1317, introduced by Sen. Frank Lautenburg, would give the attorney general the right to block gun sales to people on terror watch lists. A third bill, HR 2647, contains a companion clause to S 1317 that gives the attorney general the authority to determine who belongs on terrorist watch lists.

And who are the terrorists? In Obamaworld itís not the Islamo-fascists flying airliners into buildings, planting improvised explosive devices (IEDs) or strapping bombs to their waists and setting them off in crowded areas.

No, because in Obamaworld, the word terrorism no longer applies to those who were once called terrorists. And those who used to be considered terrorists no longer commit acts of terrorism. No they commit man-caused disasters. The word terrorist, at least in its past usage, has been dropped from the lexicon...
    ďThe Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.Ē

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

2. Remove Ads

ummmm... .. If I remember right...... some of our legislators called our veterans returning home from war "terrorists" and they should be monitored....
    The only terroists I'm really concerned about are the ones we elected in to office!! We need to start a war on them..... eradicating them from office!!
    Sarcasm - Just one of the many services I provide!
    Ever wonder why massacres never happen at a gun range??
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

Make no mistake about it... To those in the present administration, their only true enemy is the American people. We are the ones standing in their way of taking control of every aspect of our lives.

These bills of passed would be devastating to firearms owners.

The best way to secure Obama a second term is to vote for third party candidates. As much as I hate it, this is still a two party country and votes for third party candidates only skim votes away from our conservative principles and will secure victory for Obama. I learned my lesson with Ross Perot on that one. I may be not too happy with those running the republican party these days, but we have to ensure that conservatives take back the party. No less then our way of life is at stake this time around.

Guns may very well be lost if health care passes with the public option. Once the government controls health care they will control other aspects of your life.

Guns will be declared a public health problem. And since the government is picking up the tab for everyone's health care, they will attempt to circumvent the 2A to ban guns in the name of a health care mandate.

Remember, we put him in office, we have to be the ones to get him out!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    As the NRA recently reported, the Blair Holt bill hasn't a single cosponser.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Make no mistake about it... To those in the present administration, their only true enemy is the American people. We are the ones standing in their way of taking control of every aspect of our lives.

The best way to secure Obama a second term is to vote for third party candidates. As much as I hate it, this is still a two party country and votes for third party candidates only skim votes away from our conservative principles and will secure victory for Obama. I learned my lesson with Ross Perot on that one. I may be not too happy with those running the republican party these days, but we have to ensure that conservatives take back the party. No less then our way of life is at stake this time around.

Guns may very well be lost if health care passes with the public option. Once the government controls health care they will control other aspects of your life.

Guns will be declared a public health problem. And since the government is picking up the tab for everyone's health care, they will attempt to circumvent the 2A to ban guns in the name of a health care mandate.

As much as I would like to see a third party come to power it would give the obamessiah the votes and resulting power he wants.

I will be voting against the obamessiah and his followers every chance I get.

Biker

These aren't stealth bills quietly working their way anywhere, at the moment. HR 45 was referred to committee on 2/9 and hasn't moved. S 1317 was introduced and referred to committee on 6/22 and hasn't moved. Neither has a single co-sponsor, and both run counter to past action of both this and the prior Congress. Pretty clear that these ridiculous proposals will die in committee, and don't deserve the high drama treatment they have received in "alert" after "alert" that frequently ask for donations to fight such bills.

I don't mean to be dismissive, but I really worry that all these gun rights lobbying groups all too often cry wolf in efforts to increase donations, and that their audiences will become inured and fail to pay attention when a real threat presents itself.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

Well stated! I don't think any of the clowns in D.C. want to take on the 2A head on. It's likely to be an end-run, such as the scenario Bark'n said.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

These aren't stealth bills quietly working their way anywhere, at the moment. HR 45 was referred to committee on 2/9 and hasn't moved. S 1317 was introduced and referred to committee on 6/22 and hasn't moved. Neither has a single co-sponsor, and both run counter to past action of both this and the prior Congress. Pretty clear that these ridiculous proposals will die in committee, and don't deserve the high drama treatment they have received in "alert" after "alert" that frequently ask for donations to fight such bills.

I don't mean to be dismissive, but I really worry that all these gun rights lobbying groups all too often cry wolf in efforts to increase donations, and that their audiences will become inured and fail to pay attention when a real threat presents itself.

+1

Excellent post. I am a 50 year NRA member who is able to distinguish between a real threat to our 2nd Amendment rights and hypped BS. This is hypped BS. I called and confronted the NRA-ILA on this just last week.

Much of this misinformation is being driven by the promoters of gun shows and owners of gun shops. Nearly every gun shop that I go into has some counter person talking about this stuff along with the SB 2099 distortion. They are doing this to keep the price of guns, reloading components and ammo high.

My opinion and thoughts on Bloomberg and his proposals?

I'm working on it...I'll have it for you in a moment...

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links