AB962 on Gov. Schwarzenegger's DESK!!

This is a discussion on AB962 on Gov. Schwarzenegger's DESK!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; AB 962 Assembly Bill - INTRODUCED YouTube - Political Call to Action: VETO AB962 in California! It all begins in Cali folks. Send an E-mail. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AB962 on Gov. Schwarzenegger's DESK!!

AB 962 Assembly Bill - INTRODUCED

YouTube - Political Call to Action: VETO AB962 in California!

It all begins in Cali folks. Send an E-mail. We've got 5 days left until this gets signed or vetoed, no time for BS or snail mail.

If that sucker happens, the ammo shortage is going to get much worse as Californians stockpile.

"Slippery slope" is a heck of a term. It's real. It started awhile ago, in Cali. It's getting worse. God help us, if the cancer spreads.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Just came here to post this and see you beat me to it.

Make your voice heard people!

If they pass that bill anybody that really believes in the second amendment needs to get out of that commie state quick
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sell CA to Mexico...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I guess this is where the city of Albany, NY got the idea from! They are trying to establish record keeping requirements on all ammo sales in the county. NY just follows along after Kalifornia it seems.

VIP Member
    Potentially another precedent from the state that continues to screw itself into the ground. Can somebody explain to me why a state government that has demonstrated incompetance at historic levels can continue to be held up as the example for the rest to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Potentially another precedent from the state that continues to screw itself into the ground. Can somebody explain to me why a state government that has demonstrated incompetance at historic levels can continue to be held up as the example for the rest to follow?

Because people are STUPID!

People get the government they deserve. The problem is, I didn't vote for what is representing us. The smart people are outnumbered I'm sad to say.

Our days are numbered folks. It's in the history books.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Because people are STUPID!

People get the government they deserve. The problem is, I didn't vote for what is representing us. The smart people are outnumbered I'm sad to say.

Our days are numbered folks. It's in the history books.

Biker
    I'm reminded of Mencken's quote: "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."

I'll refrain from the incredibly tempting literary analysis of that statement. BOHICA

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Hit the phones folks and get those emails sent - it may seem like it doesn't affect those of us outside of California, but it does...

The silent majority needs to be heard here. We can shoot this down, along with all of our brethren who are also fighting the good fight.

I emailed the following this morning:

"Governor Schwarzenegger,
    I voted for you and believe that you have been a good Governor for California.
    I have since moved to Texas but I grew up in California (Fairfield) and there is always the potential of moving back to California.
    I understand that you are currently considering a bill to require reporting of ammunition purchases for firearms. This is clearly an attempt by the anti-second amendment lobby to make an end run around the Bill of Rights.
    Please stand up for the rights of law abiding Californians to obtain both the firearms, and the ammunition for them, that are essential for protecting themselves. It may be trite, but it is absolutely true that when seconds count the police are minutes away. It is also true that gun laws, and ammunition laws, only disarm those who are willing to obey the law. Criminals will not be affected by this law.
    Respectfully yours,"

Better, sell them to France since they seem to like them so much

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    My letter to the Governator!

Governor,

I highly respect you and your office. Your acting career has always been an honest motivation to myself. I ask you that you highly consider the freedoms we American's cherish and one of those being the right to keep and bear arms constitutionally. With the bill coming to your desk, AB962, ammunition registration bill, I ask that you VETO this bill in favor of our countries freedoms and the right to protect those freedoms.

This isn't even about you or your ability to stay in office. This is a bigger picture as this will affect the entire nation as this bill is clearly not about the ammunition control rather it is about the people control.

My good Governor I used to be a very proud Californian who live in San Diego, but the state has certainly gone a route that is highly oppressive towards an individuals freedoms. Please do not allow this to happen to our country, your state, and our freedom.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Do not forget!

Respectfully

{My name went here}
    Proud American Citizen
    State of Georgia

P.S. Outstanding decision in cutting taxes. I am completely confident that business and industry will return to the beautiful state of CA. As you have protected the citizens from oppressive taxes; Protect the citizens from infringement of self defense.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Please do not allow this to happen to our country, your state, and our freedom.
    Once the People of California again take control of these things as if they were ours, with our joint responsibility to protect them, then we'll hopefully stop getting elected autocrats who dare disregard the People's will in such ways. The states aren't theirs (the autocrats'). The states are OURS, the People's. I hope the People start remembering it ... soon. 'Cause the flusher is on "high" and operates 24x7.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Nicely put, I cant think of every little detail, the point is that we feel strongly against furthering our loss of freedom.

Nice positive call out non the less.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links