Bloomberg at it again: So called gunshow loophole

This is a discussion on Bloomberg at it again: So called gunshow loophole within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by CJ810 I find it interesting that NYC acknowleges that there is already a law to cover this activity, that law is not ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bloomberg at it again: So called gunshow loophole

Quote Originally Posted by CJ810 View Post
    I find it interesting that NYC acknowleges that there is already a law to cover this activity, that law is not working (by their argument), so somehow a new and improved law is going to work.

Sounds like the old saw about doing the same thing and expecting different results being the definition of insanity.
    Wait...You mean to tell me that no matter how many times I smack my head against a 10' thick brick wall that it's not going to move for me on the 20th try? Darn it all... I better get back to it...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I'm thinking we're going to need to start carrying RF detection gear with us when hitting the shows. Anybody that sets off the alarms...feel free to start pointing them out to the vendors...and the local LEO's if wiretapping, etc... is illegal in said state.:icon_neutral:
    There was no wiretapping and it is legal to record audio and video in a public place as there is no expectation of privacy, at least in NY. It's a dirty trick by underhanded people to further their agenda.

Bloomberg and his henchmen will stop at nothing to destroy the second amendment.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    There was no wiretapping and it is legal to record audio and video in a public place as there is no expectation of privacy, at least in NY. It's a dirty trick by underhanded people to further their agenda.

Bloomberg and his henchmen will stop at nothing to destroy the second amendment.
    The question is, is it legal in the states where it occurred. The legality in NY is not relevant.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Seems with the budget problems cities such as New York City they would have more important local issues for their police than sending them around the country on nonsense undercover work where they have no authority at all.

Bloomberg needs to get a life!
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    The question is, is it legal in the states where it occurred. The legality in NY is not relevant.
    I believe you need both parties consent in nevada..
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

Senior Moderator
    Another criminal conspiracy involving Bloomberg? Shocking.

Lest we forget, even where the recording was lawful, the act of buying a handgun as a non-resident of the state and then transporting it across state lines is a federal felony.

If anyone at the BATF had a pair, they'd charge Bloomberg and his "investigators".

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Funny how Billionaire Bloomberg has the tax payers fund his fishing expeditions.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

WTH is New York doing hiring investigators to explore purported crimes and operate in Tennessee, Ohio and Nevada?

"The more interesting angle here, and the question that needs to be asked, is why didn't Mayor Bloomberg work with local, state and federal law enforcement officials and arrest these people on the spot?" Arulanandam said.
    Exactly.

And on the nickel of NYC taxpayers. Why doesn't he pick up th tab himself, for his little peccadillo? He's a zealot. The citizens are paying for it. There should be a law.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Funny how Billionaire Bloomberg has the tax payers fund his fishing expeditions.
    They should also fund his new apartment, 6 X 6 cell.

Mayor Bloomberg likes playing the numbers game, lets do the same.

1.5 million dollars was spent on this investigation.

1) $12,195 spent per day. [May- Aug. 123 days] or:

2) $37,500 spent per investigator. [40 investigator's] or:

3) $50,000 spent per dealer [30 dealers] or:

4) $78,947 spent on 19 "occasional sellers" or:

5) $68,181 spent per gun. [22 guns purchased]

If the goal is to get illegal guns off the streets, I think 1.5 million could have been better spent. And, if the Mayor wants to spend $68,181 on a gun, I have a couple for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    WTH is New York doing hiring investigators to explore purported crimes and operate in Tennessee, Ohio and Nevada?

Exactly.

And on the nickel of NYC taxpayers. Why doesn't he pick up th tab himself, for his little peccadillo? He's a zealot. The citizens are paying for it. There should be a law.
    ...and he would follow it like all the other criminals right?...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    ...and he would follow it like all the other criminals right?...
    You right: not very likely. It would be as empty and weight-less as every other such law is in deterring criminals from the "appointed rounds."

About the only thing people seemingly can rely upon, in the absence of leaders who give a damn, is themselves, well-armed and well-prepared to deal with it when it comes. And those same, self-serving "leaders" dare call this "taking the law into one's own hands." Utter insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    There should be a law.
    Obviously, when I said this, I meant there should be something effectual that's put into place. Lacking any such thing in the American English language, today, I used the term "law" ... though that lacks any practical meaning, if implemented like most other vapid laws surrounding firearms and self-defense. It was meant to be facetious. Apparently it wasn't taken that way. My "bad," as they say.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    So what happened to the bad bad guns?

You know, VA's former AG and current Governor-in-waiting told Bloomie to pack sand when he brought his show here, then the General Assembly backed it up with a whole new law just for him. Notice he did not make a return trip this time!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Thumbs down Bloomberg

While I detest Bloomberg and his tactics, and am concerned with respect to all anti-gun zealots, the occasional sellers at the gun shows that ignored the stated (inability to pass a background check) hurt the 2A, and play into the hands of the Brady bunch.

While I do not believe private sales should be regulated in any fashion, the sellers in these cases hurt us.

Personally, I require a buyer of any weapon I am selling in a private sale to be a holder of a concealed weapon license, or I will go to my favorite FFL and have them run it, at the buyers expense.

I refuse to be party to a BG obtaining a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Personally, I require a buyer of any weapon I am selling in a private sale to be a holder of a concealed weapon license, or I will go to my favorite FFL and have them run it, at the buyers expense.

I refuse to be party to a BG obtaining a weapon.
    Amen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links