2 ARTICLES about recent gun violence in Seattle WARNING..2nd article facts are poor

2 ARTICLES about recent gun violence in Seattle WARNING..2nd article facts are poor

This is a discussion on 2 ARTICLES about recent gun violence in Seattle WARNING..2nd article facts are poor within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; these articles appearted in the Seattle Times on the same page pro gun http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...eenleaf12.html anti-gun http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...mywales12.html WARNING.......second article might cause you to laugh at the ...

these articles appearted in the Seattle Times on the same page

pro gun
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...eenleaf12.html
    anti-gun
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...mywales12.html

WARNING.......second article might cause you to laugh at the poor facts the writer brings up!
    or irritate the crap out of you like it does for me!

At least they were on the same page, so you can see just how much BS was in the second article.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

this is a quote from the article

"And, firearms are just about the most lethal instruments readily available on the market. Research has shown that a gun, uniquely among commonly available weapons (and other consumer products), provides its shooter with the ability to kill quickly.

"Research further suggests that individuals who use firearms when attempting to commit suicide or murder are likely to be more "successful."

I don't even know where to begin on this guys view points!

...firearms are the most lethal instruments... providing its shoter to kill quickly???? hahaha, i've never heard anything so stupid!!!

im just speech less after that!

VIP Member
    Greenleaf wrote a pretty good article. Until he end where it says he doesn't own a gun. Not the smartest thing I've seen in print before... "I'm defenseless, come and get me."

However, I'm refraining from commenting on the second article as I don't think I could do so civilly.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Senior Moderator
    The first article actually made sense. I didn't have the ..... something.... to read the second.

And good point CopperKnight, annoucing we don't own a gun is not wise.

This tragedy in seattle had better not get the to go on parade against guns. I'm just about to get my ccw and i refuse to give up my guns. Washington is known for its bending policy toward whiners. No smoking in bars is fine by me because i dont smoke, but it is alittle harsh to make it illegal to smoke in a cigar bar. Pretty soon in bars there will be no drinking and no talking. Also there is a 4 foot law with brighter lights in strip clubs(topless only) that is.....uh a new law. Oh and no alcohol there either. Iwas very surprised when i applied for my ccw about how easy it was. Finger prints, a record check, and i should have it next week. I plan on taking some courses and i already do a lot of practising at home(unloaded) with concealment and quick draws.

It would be nice if a newspaper could find the facts on how many violent crimes were stopped of avoided by ccw citizens. Unfortuanatly we are often put in the same catagory as the rappers who carry heat to be tough and bust a cap in haters. (straight face)
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

VIP Member
    ....can someone please let that moronic "reporter" know that a number of countries that restrict or ban private firearms ownership have higher rates of suicide than the U.S.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by srfl
    ....can someone please let that moronic "reporter" know that a number of countries that restrict or ban private firearms ownership have higher rates of suicide than the U.S.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

Guns as a public health issue.

Ohhhhkay.
    Let's deal with pools and automobiles, first, ok?
    יזכר לא עד פעם
    Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am.
    Remember. Never Again.

he's right guns are a public health issue. They save lives and deter crime.!! And it appears i have been contaminated by the gun bug because it has been a while since i've bought a new gun and im getting antsy.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Quote Originally Posted by srfl
    +1 on that one. Its even more dangerous to police because alot of criminals use knives and their kevlar cant slow down a blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack
    he's right guns are a public health issue. They save lives and deter crime.!! .

That's the smartest reply to the guy's opionion about guns!
    psch, people will commit suicide with or without guns!

Links