VA HB1106 vetoed by Kaine - Page 2

VA HB1106 vetoed by Kaine

This is a discussion on VA HB1106 vetoed by Kaine within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by HotGuns So, if Hillary Clinton flees New York and becomes the next governor of Virginia, HotGuns then I'm moving. I see your ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns
    So, if Hillary Clinton flees New York and becomes the next governor of Virginia,
    HotGuns then I'm moving.
    I see your point.
    Aparintly I need more schooling on this subject.
    Your opinion is appreciated,Thank you.

Wayne well said Sir.
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE WORLD IS BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN.
    -Lady Liberty-
    United Stats Army,(Ret)

First and Last warning tone it down its getting way to close to personal attacks

My apology's if I have upset someone.
    That was not my intention. The first gun my father had, I bout for hem..lol
    So I've had to learn this on my own.
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE WORLD IS BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN.
    -Lady Liberty-
    United Stats Army,(Ret)

Senior Moderator
    Kimo...
    we'll try to keep you straight...

just keep asking...its the best and easiest way to learn...

I appreciate the input from everyone, and invite you to come enjoy some leisurely range time with me if you ever make it to the Shenandoah valley. If you can force yourself to enjoy BBQ, German Beer (my fatherland) and pool time your are welcome.

BTW, I served my country in the military, and now as a Police Officer to insure the protection of your rights and freedoms with great pleasure!

Cheers,
    Adrian AKA blacksan

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom357
    allowing anyone without a CCW to carry a concealed weapon in a locked container in their vehicle, placed law enforcement in danger.
    I guess this sounds strange to me since in Maryland (Where mortal men can't CC) that is pretty much the only way we can transport arms to and from the range or place of purchase.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    I guess this sounds strange to me since in Maryland (Where mortal men can't CC) that is pretty much the only way we can transport arms to and from the range or place of purchase.
    Move to VA brother! We have the highest number of class III owners per captia (automatic weapons) on the east coast (per BATF)!
    Last edited by blacksan; April 14th, 2006 at 08:20 AM.

VIP Member
    ...ok, as an LEO I don't fear people who carry guns in cars.....I fear bad people carrying gun in cars....on their person, on the elevator, in the subway, etc.

The Gov needs to remove his head from his rear end.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

srfl,

I hear ya brother!

blacksan

DC Founder
    I believe there are some officers that react as described above, but vast majority? No way. Most, in fact, IMO, believe the same as blacksan described. While I was a reserve officer I was constantly in contact with them and now rarely, but have on occasion. Most have no problem with concealed carry, or open carry here in Arizona. They may have a problem with some individuals carrying, but would not say a majority do. And, I agree that the more politically inclined officers (and police union reps) may feel differently....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I am an Active Reserve LE Officer in California. I think ALL Law Abiding citizens who want a CCW should be able to get one in ALL STATES. A bad guy will carry a weapon CCW or not! Why not let citizens carry if they wish to protect themselves and their family. (there would be less crime)
    I have no problem with armed citizens. I treat everyone the same anyway like they are armed. So I vote YES CCW's for law abiding citizens!!!!!!!!!!

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    I really hate to feel this way.....BUT.....I feel that a vast majority of LEO's don't want anybody to have/carry firearms,expandable nightsticks,billy's,SAP's,TASERS,mace,OC,and especially knives/blades of any kind/length EXCEPT THEM. That's with CWP or not.The majority of LEO's will not even come close to admitting that most of us here can out shoot most of them. Most of them don't know,nor do they care,the amount of training that we have undergone,mostly at our own expense. They don't know or care how often we train or the money we have invested in top quality,technically advanced,super safe gear, to suppliment our firearm.

How can I make these statements? I have talked to allot of them. City,county,and state,LEO's. When you mention that you have a CWP you can see them cringe. I have had them say,"why do you think you need that"? Do you know the laws? Are you safe? And this is the good one. "Who ya gonna shoot?

Not all LEO's are of this opinion as not all of us are super safe and have had extensive training. But for some of the LEO's that I have talked to,to make us into some kind of joke really chaps my a$$. There,done,now I feel "mo bedda".---------
    I'm pleased that your rant made you feel "mo bedda". Now let me counter your argument with my experiences.

First off, I think most of us can agree that not only are the vast majority of the walking public 'sheeple', they are morons. We all see it every day in the actions of the general public. What would be your first reaction to learning that the stranger you are talking to is armed? I'm talking about your reactionary instinct. It would usually be 'uh oh'. Or at least IMO it should be if you intend to survive an encounter, and every meeting of a stranger is an 'encounter', especially for a LEO who has stopped you for some reason. He has no idea who you are, or whether or not you are a good guy who just had a bad fight with your significant other.

LEO's can agree with CCW in principle and I think the vast majority do, however, when you meet a LEO 'during business hours' it's probably because you broke some law or ordinance (speeding, sloppy lane change, etc.)

On the half-dozen or so occassions I've handed my CCW along with my DL to a LEO is that I have noticed them actually relax after the initial "Damn, he has a gun" reaction. It takes about 10 seconds of looking at the permit and me to get that, "Oh this guy is ok" look.

I know a great many officers on the Las Vegas Metro PD and I would say that over 90% support CCW holders. There are of course the exceptions, there always are.

I know that in working security at The Las Vegas Hilton when I learn, or discern, that an individual is 'packing' I become very interested in him. I have met some real morons who have had a CCW. These people scare me. Why? Because for some of them the only training they get in firearms safety is the CCW course that they took. Just like your average street cop, he isn't interested in going to schools or the range except for what he has to to meet requirements. I'm concerned for their decision making process. Their dexterity and familiarity in handling their firearm.

Most of us here, I think are of a different breed than the average gun owner. We are conscientious about carrying a firearm. It's one of our passions, and we train and practice and discuss possibilities to further enhance our knowledge and abilities.

As for LEO's making a joke of CCW carriers, it may be your misinterpretation of 'cop humor'. It can be a bit......different, than what most people are used to. My answer to "Who ya gonna shoot?" Would probably be, "Whoever makes me, just like you."

And Bud, I'm sorry, I don't see where this thread has turned into any personal attacks. There have been opinions and counter opinions, but no one has attacked anyone else for their differing ideas. At least as I see it.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calireserve
    I am an Active Reserve LE Officer in California. I think (SNIP) A bad guy will carry a weapon CCW or not! (SNIP)
    ...and it's this inescapable fact that pols seem to not be able to comprehend or completely disregard for whatever reason.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links