Anti-Gun NC Senator Soles, shoots intruder: MERGED - Page 2

Anti-Gun NC Senator Soles, shoots intruder: MERGED

This is a discussion on Anti-Gun NC Senator Soles, shoots intruder: MERGED within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thanks for setting Me straight ,Janq I will use better judgment and resources in the future, and with hold that quick post before I run ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-Gun NC Senator Soles, shoots intruder: MERGED

Thanks for setting Me straight ,Janq
    I will use better judgment and resources in the future, and with hold
    that quick post before I run off to work.

Leo

Do as I say, not as I do....

*Sigh*. I'm tired of these politicians who think THEY are above what they spout.

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested, declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

Soles, a top-ranking Democrat and the longest-serving member of the legislature, already was the subject of an SBI investigation over sexual misconduct allegations with former male clients.

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/ne...me/287987/P10/
    John Luttrell

Did you expect something different?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

We have Chuckie Schumer here in NY, same beliefs different idiot. The elitist attitudes never cease to amaze me.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Just one name needed to define 'hyprocite" ; "Rosie O'Donnell".

Guys, I 'm afraid I unfairly posted this with out doing my home work. While the story is true, after some research, I believe the claim that Mr. Soles is anti-gun is biased. I checked the mans NRA Rating with Project Vote Smart, as I should of done before posting and he's consistently received A's and B's from the NRA throughout the years. The NRA has firmly stood for our 2nd amendment rights and no matter how anyone tries to spin it, he can't be anti-gun if he is backed by the NRA. Sorry guys, I'll try to do my home work better in the future.

I still feel though, that the only thing better than a Congressman relying on his 2nd amendment rights to protect his home, would be that Congressman standing up and telling the rest of Congress how it just may have saved his life; we can only hope.
    John Luttrell

Just when I was ready to fire off a good response you shoot my hopes down in flames John,oh well I'm glad he capped the little saint too bad his group wasn't more heavenly placed.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    Guys, I 'm afraid I unfairly posted this with out doing my home work. While the story is true, after some research, I believe the claim that Mr. Soles is anti-gun is biased. I checked the mans NRA Rating with Project Vote Smart, as I should of done before posting and he's consistently received A's and B's from the NRA throughout the years. The NRA has firmly stood for our 2nd amendment rights and no matter how anyone tries to spin it, he can't be anti-gun if he is backed by the NRA. Sorry guys, I'll try to do my home work better in the future.

I still feel though, that the only thing better than a Congressman relying on his 2nd amendment rights to protect his home, would be that Congressman standing up and telling the rest of Congress how it just may have saved his life; we can only hope.
    Thanks for the clarification. Some would have just let it stand. I agree that he needs to stand up and tell his story to others. As many OTHERS as will listen.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.
    There was one item I wanted to point out. Politics aside, we all need to watch our own biases. The victim here was not the perpetrator, Kyle Blackburn, but rather Sen. Soles.

Thanks for the information, though.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Chuckie Schmuck-er......

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    We have Chuckie Schumer here in NY, same beliefs different idiot. The elitist attitudes never cease to amaze me.
    in my humblest of opinion, is the consummate, poster-boy of elitest, imbecilic, self absorbed, idiot liberals.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Anti-Gun NC Senator Soles, shoots intruder

SBI leads probe into shooting by state senator Soles - CharlotteObserver.com

TABOR CITY The man shot Sunday by state Sen. R.C. Soles Jr. had been to the elected official's Tabor City home before.

Thomas Kyle Blackburn, 22, was arrested last year and charged with trespassing and attempted breaking and entering at the senator's home, according to police records. Those charges were later dropped.

An attorney for Soles said Monday the senator was acting in self-defense when he shot Blackburn in the leg with a handgun.

The State Bureau of Investigation, already reviewing accusations that Soles improperly touched a teenage boy 12 years ago, has taken control of the probe into the shooting. SBI officials would not comment on the investigation.

Local residents were tight-lipped when asked about Soles, 74, a Democrat who is the Senate's longest-serving member.

Blackburn was released Monday from a hospital across the state line in Loris, S.C. He could not be reached for comment.

B.J. Wright, 23, was also at Soles' house when the shooting occurred, according to police. He also could not be reached Monday.

Nor was Soles talking. The senator met at his Tabor City law office for at least two hours Monday with Joe Cheshire, a criminal defense attorney from Raleigh.

As Cheshire left the senator's office, he said that Soles' actions were justified and that the shooting was recorded by video surveillance cameras at Soles' house.

“Senator Soles is sorry that this has happened,” Cheshire said. “But when someone comes to break in your house, you have a right to defend yourself... It's pretty clear from what I've seen that he had a right to do what he did. He's tired and upset at this point.”

Cheshire said Soles shot Blackburn in the leg.

“It's pretty clear he wasn't trying to kill him,” the lawyer said.

Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties, issued a statement saying he has not determined what, if any, criminal charges might be filed.

“We are still in fact-gathering mode,” Gore said.

A supervisor for Columbus County's 911 call center said that there was no tape of any calls about the shooting because no one ever called 911.

No ambulance was dispatched to treat the wounded man.

The heads of two local law enforcement agencies that went to the senator's home after the shooting, the Columbus County Sheriff's Office and the Tabor City Police, said there were no written reports about the shooting.

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    No written reports, eh! Something smells bad in Denmark!!!

I think this is the most interesting line in the story ...

“It's pretty clear he wasn't trying to kill him,” .... then what was he doing shooting him then, just warning him he had a gun... if your life is in danger and your protecting yourself in defense you don't shoot to warn or slow down the threat. you kill and end that threat.

looks like Mr. Anti gun used exactly the thing which he works against to save his own hide. thanks for the post. interesting article.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Another politician that thinks gun should only be for the privileged. Him!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links