Corzine down in flames... Will NJ Get Sensible Gun Reform?

This is a discussion on Corzine down in flames... Will NJ Get Sensible Gun Reform? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Will New Jersey get some decent gun reform now that Corzine has gone down in flames and conceded the election?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corzine down in flames... Will NJ Get Sensible Gun Reform?

Will New Jersey get some decent gun reform now that Corzine has gone down in flames and conceded the election?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

we will probably just not get any worse

Congrats, New Jersey! Hopefully your example will send a message to all corrupt politicians.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Maybe I won't have to stop before I enter NJ to pack up my gear in the trunk, just to take it out again when I reach Pennsylvania!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

One could hope.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Congrats New Jersey.... ya'all just woke em up. Seeing the 2 candidates and some of their beliefs and approaches, I think you only had 1 good choice.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    A step in the right direction. Not even the NJ Democratic machine could hold the state.
    NRA Life Member

Definitely a good night for New Jersey residents.

I do not know the stance on gun control/gun rights of Gov. Elect Christie, but I sure hope he starts steering New Jersey towards the right. I hope for the residents of NJ that you all might some day enjoy the same freedoms that those of us in the free USA do.

Again, well done New Jersey!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Would changing captains on the Titanic after it had hit the iceberg have made any difference?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Would changing captains on the Titanic after it had hit the iceberg have made any difference?
    Absolutely! The new Captain probably would have made sure the lifeboats were filled to capacity before lowering away.

As it was, almost half the lifeboats were filled to less than 1/3rd - 1/2 capacity when they lowered them!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I hope that this is foreshadowing for the 2010 elections.
    Time to really take back the country.
    I hope everyone is watching Glenn Beck...daily.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

According to what I can find online, im not sure anything is gonna change?

Christie also said he supports strict and aggressive enforcement of the state's current gun laws.
    Chris Christie promises change to a 'broken' state in campaign kickoff | New Jersey Real-Time News - - NJ.com

I remember reading something that he does support the 2A. The question is what does he consider support to be? I'm also think gun control will fall to the bottom of his agenda and taxes to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    I remember reading something that he does support the 2A. The question is what does he consider support to be? I'm also think gun control will fall to the bottom of his agenda and taxes to the top.
    Who knows?

O'bama says he supports the 2A.
    Everyone who believes that...
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I do not know the stance on gun control/gun rights of Gov. Elect Christie,
    Can't tell from this if his support is of the Zumbo type, or whether he was just hedging the issue to avoid it.

Either way, no profiles in courage here. I predict he'll be worthless for RKBA.

http://blogs.app.com/capitolquickies...s-gun-control/

<excerpt>

Republican gubernatorial nominee Chris Christie made appearances on Monday night and Tuesday morning on GOP-friendly Fox News Channel — and used part of the first appearance to tell the Republican base about his support for certain gun control measures.

In an interview Monday night with Sean Hannity, Christie agreed with the host that New Jerseyans’ tax burden (at all levels) amounts to 60 percent of their income. He talked about the candidacy of Chris Daggett and the visits from President Barack Obama and about unemployment and the economy.

Asked if there are issues on which he’s moderate or to the left, he said, “I favor some of the gun control measures we have in New Jersey” and was interrupted by Hannity shaking his head and saying, “Bad idea.”

Christie: “We have a densely populated state and there’s a big handgun problem in New Jersey. Now, I don’t support all the things that the governor supports, by a long stretch. But on certain gun control issues, looking at it from a law enforcement perspective, seeing how many police officers were killed — we have an illegal gun problem in New Jersey.”

Hannity: “Should every citizen in your state be allowed to get a licensed weapon if they want one?”

Christie: “In New Jersey, that’s not going to happen, Sean.”

Hannity: “Why?”

Christie: “Listen, with the Democratic Legislature that we have, there is no way those type of things –”

Hannity: “Would you support it?”

Christie: “Listen, at the end of the day, what I support are common sense laws that will allow people to protect themselves. But I also am very concerned about the safety of our police officers on the streets. Very concerned. And I want to make sure that we don’t have an abundance of guns out there.” He then finally extricated himself from the issue and turned the focus back to the economy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links