hate crimes & 2a

hate crimes & 2a

This is a discussion on hate crimes & 2a within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have not thought out, but anyone else wonder if hate crime laws could be used to prevent firearm ownership or weaken a justified SD. ...

Thread: hate crimes & 2a

hate crimes & 2a

I have not thought out, but anyone else wonder if hate crime laws could be used to prevent firearm ownership or weaken a justified SD.

For example, I belong to church X, they believe this or the other about a social issue, so people from that church should not be issued a CC permit.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Liars figure, and figures lie...anything is possible...I think that an emergency or a crisis of a large magnitude could be the catalyst for such an attempt (banning CCW or removal of firearms) with this admin.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    I have not thought out, but anyone else wonder if hate crime laws could be used to prevent firearm ownership or weaken a justified SD.

For example, I belong to church X, they believe this or the other about a social issue, so people from that church should not be issued a CC permit.
    I don't see how this follows. The hate crime legislation punishes criminal actions with an ideology as their basis, not the ideology itself (please please please note that I am not defending hate crimes legislation, I am quite familiar with the arguments against and am sympathetic). There is nothing in these laws that says you can't believe X. I don't know what state you live in, but mine doesn't track what church (if any) you go to and doesn't ask on the CCW form, nor are there any questions regarding any ideology on any issue on the form.

I think using these laws as backdoor gun control would be harder for the antis than coming in the front door with plain old straight up gun control laws.

Sponsored Links