VA RKBA Election analysis

VA RKBA Election analysis

This is a discussion on VA RKBA Election analysis within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From a VA-ALERT. VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. [First person pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) reference Philip Van Cleave, ...

Thread: VA RKBA Election analysis

VIP Member

Thumbs up VA RKBA Election analysis

From a VA-ALERT.

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.

[First person pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]

The three statewide candidates who turned in their VCDL surveys just won a crushing blow against their opponents, putting gun owners in a strong position to get some work done in 2010! Bob McDonnell, Bill Bolling, and Ken Cuccinelli won their races handily and VCDL congratulates them!

Have a pro-gun Governor will be a tremendous boost, especially after the last 4 years in the desert. ;-)

By my count the Republicans now have 60 seats, the Democrats have 38, and independents have 2. Those numbers don't necessarily mean much, as some Republicans are anti-gun and some Democrats are pro-gun.

Overall, I would say that the General Assembly is now slightly more pro-gun than it was on November 2nd.

A look at some key House races:

* Pro-gun Tag Greason (100% on VCDL survey) defeated anti-gun incumbent Dave Poisson - this is a huge change of position for District 32.

* Pro-gun Richard L. Anderson (94% on VCDL survey) defeated anti-gun incumbent Paul F. Nichols - a major change of position for District 51

* Pro-gun Bill Cleaveland (94% on VCDL survey) won District 17, pro- gun William Frahlin's old district - a wash, but this win avoided the district falling into less friendly hands.

* Pro-gun Catherine Crabill, who the Republican leadership ran away from after she quoted the ideals of the Founding Fathers about the Second Amendment, LOST, but only by about 3%. That's pretty good for being abandoned by your own party.

* Anti-gun incumbent Chuck Caputo of District 67 lost to Jim LeMunyon, who looks to be another Republican In Name Only (RINO) based on a mostly anti-gun survey he returned to the anti-gunners. He did not return his VCDL survey. So this district looks like a wash, or maybe just a little better. A bad Democrat loses to an almost as bad Republican.

* Anti-gun incumbent Margaret Vanderhey of District 34 lost to Barbara J. Comstock. Neither VCDL nor the antis got a survey from Ms. Comstock, so I can't determine if this is an improvement or a wash at this time.

* Anti-gun incumbent Bobby Mathieson of District 21 lost to Ron A Villanueva. Neither VCDL nor the antis got a survey from Mr. Villanueva, so I can't determine if this is an improvement or a wash
    at this time.

* Pro-gun Jeff Fredericks''s old district, 52, went to anti-gun Luke E. Torian by a mere 600 votes over pro-gun Rafael Lopez. Turnout, turnout, turnout!

---

A big Lobby Day turnout on January 18th is needed - please mark your calendars to be there.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

I think Christmas came early to Virginians.

Go VA...I hope we're setting the stage for 2010.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

How soon before the restaurant(open carry required) law is required?
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    How soon before the restaurant(open carry required) law is required?
    As I have posted on another thread, politicians, at all levels, are known to not "walk the talk", once elected.

Also, politicians, at all levels, are known to vote for a bill they know will be vetoed, so as to avoid the wrath of some of their party's voters on key issues.

We have had politicians vote for this measure, yet turnaround and vote against the veto override.

Anyone in Virginia who wants this bill and other Pro-RKBA bills signed needs to get active.

See you at VCDL's Lobby day in January.

For an idea of what's coming up see: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...rt-a2-but.html

BTW -- it's a given that the Antis will have some other bills planned also.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Pro-gun Catherine Crabill, who the Republican leadership ran away from after she quoted the ideals of the Founding Fathers about the Second Amendment
    WTH has happened to this country when you can be ostracized for quoting the Founders?

Sponsored Links