Katrina victims finally get CONFISCATED guns back

This is a discussion on Katrina victims finally get CONFISCATED guns back within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm thinking it could get ugly also, and I too understand about firing on our own men and Women, (I have a son in the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Katrina victims finally get CONFISCATED guns back

I'm thinking it could get ugly also, and I too understand about firing on our own men and Women, (I have a son in the NG)...and of course the dead hero thing.
    But when it gets ugly, that means there might be more than just one or two people that don't want to give them up. Remember, the world watched this happen once. Next time there might be a pretty good size group of people that says, hey, these are OUR guns.
    The NG fires on a group of citizens to get their guns, it's making headlines. It will be in the light then for sure.
    Also, after talking to some NG people that have been in for a while, it's not at all clear if they would fire on their own citizens because of being under orders, depends on what it's about.

This has happened now, once. It's going to be harder to happen again.
    Yes, could get ugly.

2. Remove Ads

[QUOTE=Jimster]I have to ask, how come nobody shot a National Gaurd solder or any other person while confiscation was going on

I asked the same thing in another fourm. Fact I went as far as to say you would be justified shooting any member of the Guard or LEO for what they did. The trouble is most people look at the ones in government as their friends. All to many times they are the enemy of your freedom. Most people don't read the true history of the country. They don't know how many times that the Military and the people in LE have been turned on the workin person by our own government. Let me list just a very few.

1-Lincoln County War
    2-Lodlow Massacre
    3-The WW1 vets camped at Washington DC to get the money the government had promised them.
    4-Ruby Ridge
    5-Waco
    6-Now New Orleans

This is just some of the major times. I bet the majorty of the American People couldn't tell you one thing about the above times.

I don't look at the threat to America as being 12,000 miles away. I look at the threat as being from the ones who run the country. Both the Republicans and Democrats in Washington are a threat to our freedoms

In my opinion, Mayor Nagin, NO Police Chief, and all those who put forth the order to confiscate, should be arrested and tried for ARMED ROBBERY. They kicked down private citizen's doors and stole property at gunpoint. They should be treated as the common criminals they are.

At the very least, all those who had their firearms confiscated should be filling civil rights lawsuits.

NRA should have not dropped their lawsuit.

lostone1413,

I don't look at the threat to America as being 12,000 miles away. I look at the threat as being from the ones who run the country. Both the Republicans and Democrats in Washington are a threat to our freedoms
    I think the surviving families and friends of about 3,000 people in New York might take issue with a threat to America not being 12,000 miles away.

As to your last two sentences, exactly what do you advocate doing about it?

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    In my opinion, if a National Guard military personnel confiscated guns in New Orleans after the hurricane, they followed an illegal order and should be up on charges. The military's own code of conduct not only allows one to refuse an illegal order, but makes it a violation to not report said illegal order futher up the chain of command than where the illegal order came from.

As for any cops involved, they definitely broke the law above and beyond what is commonly allowed in the performance of their duties. Again, they should be prosecuted and taken to civil court.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Mark my words.......... nagin WILL get reelected. Jackson and sharpton will see to it. It has already been proven throughout history that if you promise the voters the right things,they will vote for you. This will only happen again.-------

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    Mark my words.......... nagin WILL get reelected.

Yeah, look at that maggot Marion Berry...Idiots in DC re-elected him. Let me guess...He is a "man of integrity". I may puke...

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    Jackson and sharpton will see to it.

Yeah, after a while, I think people will do and cede almost anything to get those two moe-rons to simply shut their pie-holes...

Sharpton's a felon, and Jesse Jackson is a serial adulterer...Another two "great" men...

[QUOTE=madmike]lostone1413,

I think the surviving families and friends of about 3,000 people in New York might take issue with a threat to America not being 12,000 miles away.

I for one will vote 3rd party. As far as were the threat coming from guess it depends on how much faith you put in what the government want you to believe.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    lostone1413,

mm
    We have threats both home and abroad. Our enemies are everywhere.

We are in dire need of real leadership right now. Bush although flawed has tried to do what he feels is right. I hope that in 10 years or so we can look back and say he did the right thing. There are some people out there that are truely capable of providing leadership but it seems that everyone is to busy trying to run their political opponents into the ground or they are afraid to step up. The Democrats philsophy of burying their heads in the sand and hoping the problems will go away won't cut it. The Republican spending on the war threatens to destroy our country financially. I don't have any answers but I pray that someone does........

The birth bangs have begun...........
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    everyone is too busy trying to run their political opponents into the ground

Bullseye Doc

The Democrats philsophy of burying their heads in the sand and hoping the problems will go away won't cut it.

Pretty much sums up their game plan...

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeg
    Bullseye Doc

Pretty much sums up their game plan...

Thanks, but I'm not going to cut the Republicans, which I am, too much slack either. The deficit is really begining to frighten me. There has to be a point in which the bubble will burst........
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Thanks, but I'm not going to cut the Republicans, which I am, too much slack either. The deficit is really begining to frighten me. There has to be a point in which the bubble will burst........
    I concur...No slack on them either.

But, I can only say in my lifetime, I've only seen Democrats blame others, hold themselves to double-standards, and are genreally weak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links