The Law? ATF, Mexican Gangs, and Eastern Washington - Page 2

The Law? ATF, Mexican Gangs, and Eastern Washington

This is a discussion on The Law? ATF, Mexican Gangs, and Eastern Washington within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Locking down the border would be more effective than passing more gun laws. Let's see, infringe on the rights of law abiding US citizens or ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Law? ATF, Mexican Gangs, and Eastern Washington

Locking down the border would be more effective than passing more gun laws. Let's see, infringe on the rights of law abiding US citizens or go after criminals in this country illegaly? To me the choice is easy and logical. Or the BATF could just set up a southbound "guns, booze and cigarette check point" on the border.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post

Yeah, this couldn't have anything to do with our "see no evil" policies on illegal immigration.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    I'll bet if the firearm in question was sold at a gun show, the buyer didn't then jump in his car and drive to Mexico and try to sell it.
    Was the gun show buyer an illegal? or working with illegals?
    If they weren't here, this might not be happening.
    Thank you Janet Napolitano.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.
    I'll bet if the firearm in question was sold at a gun show, the buyer didn't then jump in his car and drive to Mexico and try to sell it.
    Was the gun show buyer an illegal? or working with illegals?
    If they weren't here, this might not be happening.
    Thank you Janet Napolitano.
    I'm just glad she moved her fat, stupid, carpet munching ass out of Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
    I'm just glad she moved her fat, stupid, carpet munching ass out of Arizona
    That's a little harsh, even for me, but Why? Now she's a danger to the whole U.S. Her job at a national level is to make sure no foreigners are offended.

It appears that the government does not want to enforce the existing laws on criminals. That would require to much work. So let's pass laws that affect law abiding citizens, they are easier to enforce. Doesn't do anything to stop crime but it takes no effort on their part.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    That's a little harsh, even for me, but Why? Now she's a danger to the whole U.S. Her job at a national level is to make sure no foreigners are offended.
    Misery Loves Company!

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJim View Post
    The ATF messed up the operation but the 'former residents' were criminals plain and simple.
    Then why did they feel it necessary to "lose" evidence?
    The really stupid thing about Waco, is that David Koresh often went into town, they could have simply picked him up. But no, we gotta kill everyone.

HBO did a great documentary from both sides. No question, the ATF wanted to kill somebody. And under Janet Reno, they did.

And in Ruby Ridge, I guess it was worth blowing the wife's head off while she held the baby, and killing the dog to "get" Randy Weaver, guilty of selling a shotgun with a short barrel.

Yeah, they were criminals too.

The argument offered by the ATF is pure bureaucratic crap! If you want to stop then problem, encourage the southern border states to stop illegal immgration by using their State Patrol or State Police by using the 10nth amendment of the Bill Of Rights. (Its known as the State's Rights amendment.)

This permits the state to enforce its own border intrusion laws.

a) Recruit more State Patrolmen for "border enforcement."

b) Pass laws making undocumented entry from a foreign country: The first violation would be a Class A Misdmeneanor resiulting in a lifetime ban from entering that state; a second violation would be a Class B Felony; a third violation would be a Class A Felony, life in prison or the Death Penalty (depending upon thier criminal history.)

c) Enforce all State Drug and tresspassing laws against unlawful intrusion.

This should slow things down.
    Last edited by gunfan; November 18th, 2009 at 11:40 PM.

As I understood it, the ATF's real job in Waco was to investigate the possibility of unlicensed machine guns. I never saw or even heard tell of one ATF agent simply inquiring as to the possibility, with any of the residents.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    on a more positive note, this was in the news this morning:

Feds: 80 arrested in sweep targeting gang activity | KREM 2 News | KREM.com | When it Matters Most | Northwest News

YAKIMA, Wash. (AP) -- Federal prosecutors say more than 80 people have been arrested in a sweep targeting gangs in central Washington.

The Yakima Herald-Republic reports 21 were arrested in Yakima, while more than 60 were taken into custody in the Tri-Cities area.

Authorities seized drugs, firearms and cash. The eight-week operation focused on street and midlevel drug traffickers, illegal immigrants and fugitives who are suspected of being members or had affiliations with street gangs in the two areas.

The U.S. Attorney's office in Spokane says eight firearms, including two assault rifles; small amounts of marijuana, methamphetamine, heroin and cocaine; three stolen vehicles and more than $14,000 in cash were seized.
    We need more of this type of work and less harassing of people who are good citizens...
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    on a more positive note, this was in the news this morning:

Feds: 80 arrested in sweep targeting gang activity | KREM 2 News | KREM.com | When it Matters Most | Northwest News

We need more of this type of work and less harassing of people who are good citizens...
    I fully agree. We also need to imprison these illegal gang members for 50 years or so, billing Mexico for the costs of incarcerating them, then when they are 80 or 90 years old, deport them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links