Defensive Carry banner

Assembly Bill A1282 "Citizen's Protection Act" needs to be brought to a vote!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  press1280 
#1 ·
Assembly Bill A1282 "Citizen's Protection Act" needs to be brought to a vote!

Hello all,

For all who are interested in supporting Assembly Bill A1282, "Citizen's Protection Act" (right-to-carry) in New Jersey, please read below.

I have contacted my local assemblyman, Michael Doherty in reference to this bill. After several emails, he has explained that this bill has been introduced and re-introduced every two years for quite some time. It sits in the NJ Law and Public Safety Committee where it eventually dies. Then, it is re-introduced only to die again. It has NEVER been brought to a vote!

Assemblyman Doherty had urged me a number of weeks ago to contact Assemblyman Gordon Johnson because he is the "Chair of the Committee" (Law and Public Safety Committee) and would need to be persuaded to resurrect this bill and bring it to a vote. After calling and speaking with one of Assemblyman Johnson's representatives, he advised me to contact everyone who is on the Law and Public Safety Committee and especially Assemblyman Joe Roberts. Joe Roberts is the "speaker" of the Committee.

The representative also explained to me that the best way to ensure that the Assemblymen/women hear our voices is to send an "old school" letter...snail mail. Calling is good, emailing is good, but a letter is the BEST! I recommend all three to ensure we are exhausting every avenue of approach; we need all the help we can get.

So I'm asking you on behalf of the people of New Jersey who wish to exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms to call, email and WRITE to the following individuals prompting them to support Assembly Bill A1282 and to allow it to be brought to a vote on November 30, 2009. Again, the next meeting is November 30, 2009 so this needs to happen now!

"Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today..."

Assemblyman Gordon Johnson (Chair of the Committee)
Phone: 201-541-1118
Fax:201-541-1071
email can be found at: Gordon M. Johnson (D)
Mailing address: 1 Engle Street Suite 108 Englewood, NJ 07631

Assemblyman Joe Roberts (Speaker of the Committee)
Phone: 856-742-7600
email can be found here: Joseph J. Roberts Jr. (D)
Mailing Address: Brooklawn Shopping Plaza Rt 130 South & Browning Road Brooklawn, NJ 08030

Assemblyman Nelson T. Albano
Phone: 609-465-0700
email can be found here: Nelson T. Albano (D)
Mailing Address: 21 North Main Street Cape May Court House, NJ 08210

Assemblyman Jon M. Bramnick
Phone: 908-232-2073
email can be found here: Jon M. Bramnick (R)
Mailing Address: 251 North Avenue West 2nd Floor Westfield, NJ 07090

Assemblywoman Elease Evans
Phone: 973-247-1521
email can be found here: Elease Evans (D)
Mailing Address: 100 Hamilton Plaza Suite 1400 Paterson, NJ 07505

Assemblyman David P. Rible
Phone: 732-974-0400
email can be found here: David P. Rible (R)
Mailing Address: 1955 Highway 34 Bldg 2A Wall Township, NJ 07719

Assemblywoman L. Grace Spencer
Phone: 973-624-1730
email can be found here: L. Grace Spencer (D)
Mailing Address: 223 Hawthorne Avenue Newark, NJ 07112

Don't forget to contact your local Assemblymen/women urging them to support this Bill once it is brought to a vote!

Thank you!

See less See more
#3 ·
The anti-gun loons of NJ might fear the upcoming elections since they seen how they now have a dreaded repub for their governer mhahahah

#5 ·
NJCSD.org has been at this for a while, they've passed out flyers to gun shops,exc. to try to get a vote.
Here's the unfortunate reality: 1 member (in this case,Johnson) can effectively block any shall-issue reform, so even if technically the votes are there, we'll never know. The assembly just recently passed the "one gun a month" bill, which they obviously didn't read because they're now publicly admitting it could place that restriction on retailers(meaning they'll be out of buisness very quickly). With a vote like that, its impossible to see that they'll go for a shall-issue bill.
I wouldn't hold your breath on the governor doing anything either, he was asked about that on Hannity's show and basically said NO.

The best bet for NJ going shall issue is a lawsuit on the heels of the McDonald verdict. Keep an eye also on the Palmer v. DC and Sykes v. McGuiness cases. When a higher court determines that carry(concealed or open) cannot be banned, then NJ will be forced to issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.