Stat twisting and omission...

This is a discussion on Stat twisting and omission... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun Guys Concealed Handgun Permit Holders Have Killed 8 Law Enforcement Officers, 77 Private Citizens Over Two and a Half Year Period According to New ...

Thread: Stat twisting and omission...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

2. Remove Ads

but then it could not be sensationalized!!
    Sarcasm - Just one of the many services I provide!
    Ever wonder why massacres never happen at a gun range??
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

There are people dumb enough to not see an agenda.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Hey they were kind enough to leave their contact data. Maybe a deluge of emails asking about some more objective facts...

Contact: Mandy Wimmer, Violence Policy Center, 202-822-8200 x110, mwimmer@vpc.org

Scott Vogel, Freedom States Alliance, 312-243-8980, scott@freedomstatesalliance.org
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Lairs figure and figures lie...it's been that way for thousands of years.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It is likely that the actual number of fatal criminal incidents involving concealed handgun permit holders is far higher.
    Oh yeah, I'm sure their stats aren't biased or in an any way made up.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

VIP Member
    There needs to be some truth in advertising, they should change their website to ANTI-gunguys.com.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

They are forgetting to add a box that shows the percentage of CCW permit gun deaths as compared to all gun deaths. Of course, they arent going to add a box that will sink the entire website on its own. They also need to take down the numbers for all cases that are not convictions. For LEOs that would leave them with only 2 instead of 8. Knowingly including pending cases in the counter is a clear attempt to present the most biased view possible
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -Suzanna Gratia Hupp

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Queensidecas View Post
    They are forgetting to add ...
    They didn't forget anything.

Gun Guys is as anti-RKBA as you can get. They know exactly what they are doing.

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by Queensidecas View Post
    They are forgetting to add a box that shows the percentage of CCW permit gun deaths as compared to all gun deaths. Of course, they arent going to add a box that will sink the entire website on its own. They also need to take down the numbers for all cases that are not convictions. For LEOs that would leave them with only 2 instead of 8. Knowingly including pending cases in the counter is a clear attempt to present the most biased view possible
    And of those 8 police murders, I think 3 were by that 1 guy in Pittsburgh. I also wonder how many of the non-LEO killings were self defense. These stats are always twisted and omit essential information. Even if their stats are accurate, you have a much better chance of being struck by lightning than being killed by a CCWer or drowning in a bathtub.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

This just in:

A recent study found that insulin was in the homes of people with diabetes at a far higher rate than healthy people. Clearly insulin causes diabetes.

Links