Attorney General Holder Reveals Aggressive Gun Control In Response to Ft. Hood Terror

Attorney General Holder Reveals Aggressive Gun Control In Response to Ft. Hood Terror

This is a discussion on Attorney General Holder Reveals Aggressive Gun Control In Response to Ft. Hood Terror within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Attorney General Holder Reveals Aggressive Gun Control In Response to Ft. Hood Terror Attack WASHINGTON, Nov. 19 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Before the Senate Judiciary Committee November ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attorney General Holder Reveals Aggressive Gun Control In Response to Ft. Hood Terror

Attorney General Holder Reveals Aggressive Gun Control In Response to Ft. Hood Terror Attack

WASHINGTON, Nov. 19 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Before the Senate Judiciary Committee November 18th, 2009, Attorney General Eric Holder revealed a stunningly broad and aggressive anti-gun agenda.

"The President of the United States asked that politicians not use the Ft. Hood attack to engage in 'political theater.' It appears those committed to attacking gun owners and the Second Amendment simply can't help themselves and are engaged in blaming guns and gun owners on the heels of this terrorist attack. Sadly it looks like 'politics as usual,'" said LEAA's spokesperson, Ted Deeds.

After explaining and defending his decision to give enemy combatants constitutional protections and the right to public trial in civilian courts, Attorney General Holder revealed his support for a national gun owner registration scheme and authorizing the government to ban firearm possession for any person by merely adding that person's name to the terror watch list.

Drawing reasonable conclusions from what Holder publicly said, we now know:

* Holder wants a national, permanent gun registration system administered by law enforcement. A registration of honest citizens that have cleared the federal background check for gun purchases with those records permanently retained by and shared among law enforcement.
    * Holder wants new federal authority to prohibit any person on the federal watch list (reported to be 400,000 names) from buying guns and supports confiscating guns from those on the list who possess them.

Transcribing General Holder: "The position of the Administration is that there should be a basis for law enforcement to share information about gun purchases." "... [It's not] inconsistent to allow law enforcement agencies to share that kind of information, for that information to be retained and then to be shared by law enforcement." "It seems incongruous to me that we would bar certain people from flying on airplanes because they are on the terrorist watch list and yet we would still allow them to posses weapons." {Emphasis added}

LEAA's Executive Director Jim Fotis said, "Those behind the badge don't believe more restrictions on honest gun owners is a reasonable, practical or constitutional response to acts of terrorism. As a retired officer, I know that America's men and women in blue want to fight terrorism, to stop terrorists; not waste time keeping records on innocent gun owners!"

Home

SOURCE Law Enforcement Alliance of America

Attorney General Holder Reveals Aggressive Gun Control In Response to Ft.

And so it begins!

Our Governments Logic

So, let me get this straight....
    Instead of law enforcement of some type doing detective work to stop people that they have knowledge of their communications between radicals and people in our country, we are going to create more paperwork for law enforcement to track guns.
    So, when is this AG going to file a suit against 1. the gun manufacturer, and 2. the United States Army? I mean the logic would be that these parties are responsible for what happened. NOT THE INDIVUDIAL BEHIND THE GUN! Right?

* Holder wants new federal authority to prohibit any person on the federal watch list (reported to be 400,000 names) from buying guns and supports confiscating guns from those on the list who possess them.
    While I endorse keeping weapons out of the hands of terrorist, being on the "No Fly" list does not a terrorist make.

I wouldn't put it past this administration to add the names of, so far, law abiding citizens who hold a different political view than the current administration on the "No Fly" list. I'm asking myself daily how the American public could've been so stupid, when the writing was on the wall.

Biker

They should not push the American people to hard unless it backfire on them in 2010 election.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    They should not push the American people to hard unless it backfire on them in 2010 election.
    Actually, the more that they push the more conservatives it will wake up for the 2010 elections.

Stay armed...VOTE!...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Why don't they just start with taking away guns from criminals. I wish I could remember Holders quote about not letting a catstrophy go to waste.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

BAC
    Can you share what Holder actually said in response to the Fort Hood shooting? Nothing in the linked article describes any new statements, just a rehash of what we already knew.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Actually, the more that they push the more conservatives it will wake up for the 2010 elections.

Stay armed...VOTE!...stay safe!
    It's not the conservatives that are asleep. It's the fact that we have no descent choices at the polls.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Don't worry; this plays right into our hands. The current administration would not gun control because they knew what would happen. Now it seems there is no shortage of fools in his administration, and now that Congress is on the ropes, Obama's magic is rapidly diminishing Holder has decided to respond by throwing gasoline onto a fire.......

2010 the Democrats are going to get crushed. Bet on it.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

when will they learn they can keep making more and more laws but terrorists and criminals are still gonna obtain guns illegally. by their logic, we should just make a law that says, terrorists and criminals cannot legally or illegally own weapons. that should stop 'em right in their tracks. cuz we all know terrorists and criminals obey laws.

It must be the law abiding citizens responsible because it sure wasn't the missed opportunity's by Hasan's superiors that led to tragedy at FT Hood..
    Lets hope people keep waking up to the hope and change we are getting. I did not vote for this change to begin with.....
    Last edited by rottkeeper; November 20th, 2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: correction
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    oh yeah im not even scared of this one bit. Even if they wanted me to register my guns you can bet my rear end I will never do so as it is not warranted in our constitution.

I do remember a civil war in the 1800's over govt pressure cracking down on southern enterprise and land owners.

Well now they are cracking down their pressure on constitutionalists like my self and many others.

sigh...
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post
    when will they learn they can keep making more and more laws but terrorists and criminals are still gonna obtain guns illegally. by their logic, we should just make a law that says, terrorists and criminals cannot legally or illegally own weapons. that should stop 'em right in their tracks. cuz we all know terrorists and criminals obey laws.
    Why dont they make a law that sais'

Terrorist found surviving at the scene of the crime will, and within 5 hours, be paralyzed from the neck down, covered in honey, and thrown in a swine pit.

And televise it to the world. That will send a clear message.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Or better yet will have a pork heart transplanted in place of their real heart and then shot by pork soaked 7.62 rds shot out of a Jewish blessed pork scented AK47.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links