New Jersey Right to Carry Petition for Bill A1282

This is a discussion on New Jersey Right to Carry Petition for Bill A1282 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Please help New Jersey change the CCW laws to "Shall Issue" without your voice this will not happen, with your voice its time to show ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Right to Carry Petition for Bill A1282

New Jersey Right to Carry Petition for Bill A1282

Please help New Jersey change the CCW laws to "Shall Issue" without your voice this will not happen, with your voice its time to show New Jersey that we will not allow our Constitutional Rights to be taken away from us.

Click Here to Sign the Petition:
    New Jersey Right To Carry | Change.org

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    signed
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I would be glad to sign, but can someone tell me why a NJ politician would care two bits about the opinion of someone who cannot vote for or against him/her?

What am I missing?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Signed

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    I would be glad to sign, but can someone tell me why a NJ politician would care two bits about the opinion of someone who cannot vote for or against him/her?

What am I missing?
    I agree they wouldn't care, but signing the letter and flooding their office will show that it has lots of support. I doubt they will even look to see where it came from.

These type of bills only pass if they show enough public support.. We must have as many NJ Gun Owners sign this as possible to make it a possibility.

Originally Posted by miklcolt45

What am I missing?
    You're not missing anything. Your signature won't mean much by itself, but is an essential part of a bigger effort. Please consider the following:

Some of you may be familiar with Revell v. Port Authority. Gregg Revell, who was flying from UT to PA, missed his connecting flight in Newark, NJ. Mr. Revell had legally brought a handgun with him in his checked baggage. Mr. Revell’s bags ended up in the lost luggage section of the airport. He finally found his bags, after the remaining flights and all busses had left. He checked into a hotel near the airport and attempted to get on the next flight to PA the following morning. When he declared the handgun while checking his bags, he was arrested and charged with unlawful possession of a handgun. Examples like this are why it is important for everyone to get shall issue in NJ.

Since NJ does not distinguish between resident and non-resident applications, this would mean that anyone from any state would be able to apply for a NJ Permit.

The bill must make it out of the Law and Public Safety Committee in order to be heard on the floor. Bills can remain in committee indefinitely if there is not a public demand for them to be released. Petitions like this are part of that public demand.

Jon Corzine, NJ's anti-gun Governor was just ousted in the last election. The anti-gun legislators are feeling the pressure, especially with redistricting coming up after the 2010 census. This is the best environment in NJ in a long time to push the issue.

Lastly, on the cusp of McDonald V. Chicago, which is on the Supreme Court docket for March 2nd, it is a very shrewd move to have a bill ready to be voted on. None of us know for sure what the momentum might be like after that decision. We should "prime the pump" as much as possible.

If you would like to read the bill, this is the link:

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2008/Bi...00/1282_I1.PDF

Thank you Singh007 for taking the lead on this, and thank you to all who have signed and will sign (I signed last night). We are all in the same boat and should support our fellow gun owners in other states that are fighting for shall issue.

Smity

Signed. I activly keep away from Jersey when going up North.

Signed!
    I am originally from New Jersey.
    What Exit!!!

signed! exit 165 gsp
    S&W M&P 9C
    RUGER LCP
    S&W 5906
    COLT DET. SPEC.
    S&W 686-6"
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck", Author un-known

Signed with pleasure

Signed and reply.

Thank you very much for favoring me with your E-mail respecting my proposed Concealed Carry legislation.

As you probably know, I am the prime sponsor of this legislation. As I enter my eighth term in the Assembly, I will be introducing this proposal for the eighth time. Not once has it ever received the courtesy of a hearing before the relevant committee.

Nonetheless, I am delighted to hear from folks advocating for freedom. Far too often, the only voices we Legislators hear are those arguing for bigger, more intrusive government, or those demanding something they have not earned, at the expense of their neighbors.

Unfortunately, New Jersey is one of the small minority of states which denies its citizens their fundamental right to bear arms in their own defense. Sadly, far too many of our legislators believe, passionately, that only governmental officials can be trusted with firearms. And, for the time being, these folks control the levers of power.

While your post makes a compelling case for this proposal, the studies and statistics you cite, which unequivocally demonstrate the merits of this legislation, simply make no impression on those whose opposition is rooted in fear and ideology. I truly believe that we will not see much in the way of advancement of freedom here in New Jersey until such time as we replace the present group of anti-freedom officeholders with advocates of freedom. Towards that end, folks who support freedom need to seek office, and freedom advocates need to vote for – as well as financially support – candidates who agree.

Nonetheless, I have confidence that, even in New Jersey, common sense will, at some point, prevail. Sooner or later, the merits of this legislation will become so patent that not even folks like Jon Corzine and Loretta Weinberg will dare oppose it.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to write.

mpcarroll

PS: delighted to see someone from NY taking an interest in the freedom of NJ residents, but you probably need almost as much help in your state as we do in ours.

mpc

VIP Member
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Signed and reply.

Thank you very much for favoring me with your E-mail respecting my proposed Concealed Carry legislation.

As you probably know, I am the prime sponsor of this legislation. As I enter my eighth term in the Assembly, I will be introducing this proposal for the eighth time. Not once has it ever received the courtesy of a hearing before the relevant committee.

Nonetheless, I am delighted to hear from folks advocating for freedom. Far too often, the only voices we Legislators hear are those arguing for bigger, more intrusive government, or those demanding something they have not earned, at the expense of their neighbors.

Unfortunately, New Jersey is one of the small minority of states which denies its citizens their fundamental right to bear arms in their own defense. Sadly, far too many of our legislators believe, passionately, that only governmental officials can be trusted with firearms. And, for the time being, these folks control the levers of power.

While your post makes a compelling case for this proposal, the studies and statistics you cite, which unequivocally demonstrate the merits of this legislation, simply make no impression on those whose opposition is rooted in fear and ideology. I truly believe that we will not see much in the way of advancement of freedom here in New Jersey until such time as we replace the present group of anti-freedom officeholders with advocates of freedom. Towards that end, folks who support freedom need to seek office, and freedom advocates need to vote for as well as financially support candidates who agree.

Nonetheless, I have confidence that, even in New Jersey, common sense will, at some point, prevail. Sooner or later, the merits of this legislation will become so patent that not even folks like Jon Corzine and Loretta Weinberg will dare oppose it.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to write.

mpcarroll

PS: delighted to see someone from NY taking an interest in the freedom of NJ residents, but you probably need almost as much help in your state as we do in ours.

mpc

At least you know your letter was actually read.

Done.

He clearly states this will be attempted again -

"I will be introducing this proposal for the eighth time."

The more people we can get to sign this makes a better case for him to at-least try again for the 8th time.

Tell your friends and family members to sign this petition the more voices we have the stronger the case Assemblyman Carroll can build for the Bill.

Spread the word. Its time for change in New Jersey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links