Dump the U.N. - Page 2

Dump the U.N.

This is a discussion on Dump the U.N. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Zundfolge I used to agree that we needed to get out of the UN, but I'm not so sure now. Its nice ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dump the U.N.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zundfolge
    I used to agree that we needed to get out of the UN, but I'm not so sure now.

Its nice to have that veto on the security council ... we leave the UN and the chance of UN lead troops landing on our soil with blood in their eyes becomes a much greater posibility than if we maintain our position of power within the UN.

I would prefer to see Rep. Paul draft a bill that states that the no treaty or agreement with the UN or any other foreign power can be signed by the US government if it lessens the soverignty of the US or runs counter to the US Constitution.
    Not a bad thought. Use it like Korea and China did during the Korean War (pardon me-"police action").

The problem is we already have laws that say Congress can't pass legislation that runs counter to the Constitution- the Constitution itself says that. They've been ignoring some of those finer points for the past 150 years or so.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight
    Not a bad thought. Use it like Korea and China did during the Korean War (pardon me-"police action").

The problem is we already have laws that say Congress can't pass legislation that runs counter to the Constitution- the Constitution itself says that. They've been ignoring some of those finer points for the past 150 years or so.
    Two things Copper.
    First, when did a little thing like the Constitution stop congress from passing laws.
    Second, yes look at what happened when the Soviet Union left, the UN got involved in Korea. Same could happen here.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dpesec
    Two things Copper.
    First, when did a little thing like the Constitution stop congress from passing laws.
    Second, yes look at what happened when the Soviet Union left, the UN got involved in Korea. Same could happen here.
    I think we are saying the same thing. Congress hasn't bothered living by the Constitution for a long time.

Just look at some the laws that exist. As I understand it, there are federal laws governing the size of holes in Swiss cheese and how much water a toilet can flush. Will someone please show me where it says in the Constitution that they can do that? And don't give me the "interstate commerce" clause BS. I have no doubt this is not what the designers had in mind when they allowed Congress to control interstate commerce.

The power-happy congressmen/women have their fingers in every aspect of people's lives. It's an abomination of the original intent.

Sorry, back to the thought...

I agree, nothing like our poor, abused Constitution is going to keep them from passing laws, so there isn't much point in making a lesser law saying they can't pass other laws that conflict with the highest law. OK, I'm dizzy now.

And if we keep sending our troops halfway across the world (don't yell at me, I think Iraq is/was a worthy cause and we need to stay until it is finished), we won't have any at home if we need them here.

I better stop now before I rant any more.
    eschew obfuscation

I forget get what the bill number was but Ron Paul from TX tried to introduce a bill to get us out of the UN. See how far that got

DC Founder
    Yeah, go ahead and bash them, I do. I absolutely despise them.

What Bud was referring to were those that subscribed to the UN conspiracy theory to the point I was expecting everyone to break out the tinfoil hats. We just don't get into the Trilateral Commisson, the Bilderbergers (sp?) and UN conspiracy here and I believe we finally banned someone a long time ago to stop it.

Resume your bashing
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight
    Just look at some the laws that exist. As I understand it, there are federal laws governing the size of holes in Swiss cheese and how much water a toilet can flush. Will someone please show me where it says in the Constitution that they can do that? And don't give me the "interstate commerce" clause BS. I have no doubt this is not what the designers had in mind when they allowed Congress to control interstate commerce.
    The Nessesary and Proper Clause AKA The Elastic Clause pretty much gives Congress a blank check to do pretty much as they damn well please.

The Framers of the Constitution included this for congress to intially be able to govern and pass laws for any unforseen issues that may arise. However, over 219 years it has been "stretched out"(HAHA The Elastic Clause!!!) to pass laws to regulate swiss cheese holes, gallons per flush and a bunch of other useless laws and pork.

The Constitution has become nothing more than a museum piece for 9th graders on a field trip to glance at and most have no idea what they are looking at in the first place. Just little lambs growing into SHEEPLE.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Senior Moderator
    The Constitution has become nothing more than a museum piece for 9th graders on a field trip to glance at and most have no idea what they are looking at in the first place
    Not always. My wife took some 9th graders to D.C. last summer. They knew EXACTLY what they were looking at. They are also aware of how our lawmakers and politicians subvert it on a daily basis. Did I mention she teaches 9th grade Civics ?

Although I'llbe the first to admit that most kids in highshool are being raised for cannonfodder, at least she is doing her part to give them a little bit of a clue.

Signed and passed on.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns
    Not always. My wife took some 9th graders to D.C. last summer. They knew EXACTLY what they were looking at. They are also aware of how our lawmakers and politicians subvert it on a daily basis. Did I mention she teaches 9th grade Civics ?

Although I'llbe the first to admit that most kids in highshool are being raised for cannonfodder, at least she is doing her part to give them a little bit of a clue.
    Yeah, well those were probably the Advanced Placement Kids who do actually give a poop! But the other 90% of the school......Whoa Nelly!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Hey, the UN eradicated smallpox in the human population...of course, it was the UK and USA that did most of the work.

Other than that, they should be kicked out of that prime NY real estate and get what we decide to donate to them, based on their adherence to the intent of the original organization's founders. Which would be just about nothing.

Not always. My wife took some 9th graders to D.C. last summer.
    She get a big : That (taking 9th graders on a WDC field trip) deserves COMBAT PAY!

They knew EXACTLY what they were looking at. They are also aware of how our lawmakers and politicians subvert it on a daily basis. Did I mention she teaches 9th grade Civics ?
    This gets combat pay too - for doing a great job - just not a "courageous" as taking them to WDC!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan
    Other than that, they should be kicked out of that prime NY real estate and get what we decide to donate to them, based on their adherence to the intent of the original organization's founders. Which would be just about nothing.
    Let's give them some prime ranching land in Wyoming. I'm sure they would appreciate being around come prarie dog season.
    eschew obfuscation

Senior Moderator
    I'm sure they would appreciate being around come prarie dog season.
    Nah....

why would you wannto do that to prarie dogs ?

I'd rather give them an obscure island in the Pacific...one of the irradiated ones that we used for testing nukes...

VIP Member
    Nah....

why would you wannto do that to prarie dogs ?

I'd rather give them an obscure island in the Pacific...one of the irradiated ones that we used for testing nukes...
    I certainly wouldn't want to do anything to the critters.

I was just in reference to putting their office in the middle of a big ole prarie dog town, and then waiting until hunting season to see what happens.
    eschew obfuscation

Senior Moderator
    I was just in reference to putting their office in the middle of a big ole prarie dog town, and then waiting until hunting season to see what happens.
    Now THAT would be interesting...

Where do I sign up ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links