How much does access to the internet help 2A gunowners?

This is a discussion on How much does access to the internet help 2A gunowners? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We gunowners are spread all of the U.S., and even the world, and the internet (particularly gun forums) gives us the ability to easily "meet ...

View Poll Results: How much does internet access help the future of 2A and gun owners?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely helps

92 82.14%
  • Helps somewhat

11 9.82%
  • Has potential

7 6.25%
  • Doesn't really help

1 0.89%
  • Actually hurts us

1 0.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much does access to the internet help 2A gunowners?

VIP Member

How much does access to the internet help 2A gunowners?

We gunowners are spread all of the U.S., and even the world, and the internet (particularly gun forums) gives us the ability to easily "meet and discuss" gun talk, including 2A matters. For example, we are often encouraged to participate in a some media-sponsored poll, we see sample letters sent to legislators, find about about pending legislation, etc. I see this as something very positive, it keeps us informed, knowledgeable, and therefore strong. The amount of impact via the internet would be hard to measure so I'm asking for your opinion:

Do you think the "internet" helps us, and if so how much impact do you think it has made/will make?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Defiantly helps, where else can you get instant info on pending legislation and immediately and let your representatives know of your opinion of matters.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    I think it defiantly helps, getting the correct information out is important, and the internet is a great tool for this purpose.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I choose "Has Potential". The internet, like a firearm, is a great equalizer. It helps and hurts our cause. It helps in that, as previously mentioned, 2A proponents from across the internet can come together, share information, and pursue our cause. It can harm our cause because it provides the same capabilities for those who oppose our views.

The wrench in the works is that it also provides a great medium for passing lies and half-truths off as fact. Most on this forum, and I would imagine most on anti-2A forums, have made up their minds as to where they stand on the issue. But the undecideds, the people who could potentially swell the ranks of supporters on either side of the debate, have so much disinformation to sort through that it becomes very difficult to be sure they're making an informed decision.

So I think it can be a great help, and a great hindrance. It stands to be seen who will make better use of the medium. Or maybe the big question is will the truth win or be drowned out by the noise?
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

I put it helps somewhat. I always need to filter the fact from fiction
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

I think it definitely helps, just this forum helps about 35K people.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Just imagine what life would be like:
    1) Without the plethora of Gun forums like DC, Glocktalk & The High Road.
    2) Just the big 3 news outlets (NBC, CBS & ABC) with their obvious liberal bent.
    3) Without other social networking sites, including the ones run by radio talk show hosts like Rush, Glenn & Sean?

We would be in serious trouble if that were the case. Serious trouble.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I voted helps somewhat because of the number of you tube idiots that hurt our cause.

In terms of what I learn here, it's priceless.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msb45 View Post
    I voted helps somewhat because of the number of you tube idiots that hurt our cause.

In terms of what I learn here, it's priceless.
    That wasn't very nice LOL. I do understand where you are coming from though.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Definitely helps. The internet is my primary source for gun related news.

Also it's the number one way I correspond with my legislators.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Senior Moderator
    Tyrants hate the dissemination of information.

Knowledge is their biggest enemy.

Information on just about anything is available if you know where to look.

As for the gun nuts, if you need instructions on assembly or disassembly or an idea of how a gun performs, it's there.

I have lived most of my life without it.

I can say that I love it.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Absolutely essential.

Governments have stopped mailing NPRM, and other notices. Timely notice now depends on the Internet. By the time you hear about a new law the old fashion way, it has been passed.
    The People Think the Constitution Protects Their Rights;
    Government See IT as an Obstacle to be Over-come.

BAC
    I wouldn't limit it to just gun owners. The internet helps everyone who values or can derive value from the flow of information.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    I voted "has potential" as well. IMO, the internet serves to reinforce peoples' ideas/world views.

Why you ask? Well, how did I find this site? It came up in a google search of course.

People only learn more about what they are already interested in because of the language they use to maintain thier interests. I know this is complicated and I doubt you care, but see sapir-whorf hypothesis (more specifically linguistic relativity) if interested further.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Defiantly helps, where else can you get instant info on pending legislation and immediately and let your representatives know of your opinion of matters.
    I readily agree, here's a link to a "hot' thread that was running on a Louisiana gun forum a while back. To me it shows the power the internet gives us, which I see as a big advantage.

BayouShooter.com Forums
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links