Rubio's Mexican Grill prohibits firearms on its premise...

This is a discussion on Rubio's Mexican Grill prohibits firearms on its premise... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Before I went to the movies, I went to Rubio's Mexican Grill and saw this ominous sign... at Mesa Grand plaza in Mesa, Arizona. No ...

Thread: Rubio's Mexican Grill prohibits firearms on its premise...

Rubio's Mexican Grill prohibits firearms on its premise...

Before I went to the movies, I went to Rubio's Mexican Grill and saw this ominous sign... at Mesa Grand plaza in Mesa, Arizona. No other restaurants nearby have the sign but Rubio's.

No firearms post persuant to Arizona Revised Statutes 4-229 that prohibits carrying firearms into the premise. (A.R.S. Section 4)

(edit) Figures Rubio's is headquartered in Carlsbad, California (between L.A. and San Diego).

(Edit) Two ways to see it - Rubio's franchise manager and corporate policy expressly state anti-gun rights sentiment with the obnoxious "No Firearms" sign (posted on the front and back entrance sides of the premise) and tell affirmatively pro-RKBA Arizona state lawmakers to draft the fair bill to pass and force licensed businesses to allow law-abiding concealed carry licensees to exercise their rights without interference.
    Last edited by cyberdogg; December 27th, 2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: accuracy

2. Remove Ads

I've never seen that sign at the Rubio's here in CA.

Then again, I rarely see "No Firearms" signs unless at hospital. Here in CA, the public assumes that nearly everyone does not carry.

There are a lot less Concealed carry permit holders in California, then say in the great state of Arizona. So "Rubio's" don't place signs in say Los Angeles, because most people are not allowed to carry concealed legally. Unless your a cop or celebrity. So it's already a anti-gun community.

And besides, Rubio's is way over priced for fish tacos.
    I'm sure you can find a better restaurant, all over Arizona or California.
    So. it should be easy to boycott this restaurant.

Take care,
    Steve.....

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spf159753 View Post
    There are a lot less Concealed carry permit holders in California, then say in the great state of Arizona. So "Rubio's" don't place signs in say Los Angeles, because most people are not allowed to carry concealed legally. Unless your a cop or celebrity. So it's already a anti-gun community.

And besides, Rubio's is way over priced for fish tacos.
    I'm sure you can find a better restaurant, all over Arizona or California.
    So. it should be easy to boycott this restaurant.

Take care,
    Steve.....
    Exactly: Celebs can carry them because we all know they need protecting from the BGs that normal folks will never encounter because normal folks have those bodyguards that celebs have and police protection or private security, we all know that, that's why they need a CCP. I thought everyone knew that.

Just ask Rosie O'Donnell who's against guns ademently unless your her bodyguard, then it's alright.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Your two scenarios leave only once possible choice. To write to corporate and tell them your thoughts. Be nice and don't tell them that they are the societal equivalent to dog doo-doo. Or at least not in vulgar terms.

That's your only real choice. Asking the legislature to make a law which tells a private property owner what he can allow on his property or who he must sell his products to is unconstitutional.

There is another option. Do nothing except don't eat there. And tell the proprietor of the place where you do eat why you chose their place to spend your money. It won't change Rubio's policies but you don't have to enhance their corporate profits either.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdogg View Post
    Before I went to the movies, I went to Rubio's Mexican Grill and saw this ominous sign... at Mesa Grand plaza in Mesa, Arizona. No other restaurants nearby have the sign but Rubio's.

No firearms post persuant to Arizona Revised Statutes 4-229 that prohibits carrying firearms into the premise. (A.R.S. Section 4)

(edit) Figures Rubio's is headquartered in Carlsbad, California (between L.A. and San Diego).

(Edit) Two ways to see it - Rubio's franchise manager and corporate policy expressly state anti-gun rights sentiment with the obnoxious "No Firearms" sign (posted on the front and back entrance sides of the premise) and tell affirmatively pro-RKBA Arizona state lawmakers to draft the fair bill to pass and force licensed businesses to allow law-abiding concealed carry licensees to exercise their rights without interference.
    While I agree the sign is obnoxious, I don't agree with trying to legislate that they allow you to carry in their restaurant. As a business it is their right to set policy, and yours to decide if you will go their. You wouldn't want the legislature to tell you what you can and can't do at home would you?

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    While I agree the sign is obnoxious, I don't agree with trying to legislate that they allow you to carry in their restaurant. As a business it is their right to set policy, and yours to decide if you will go their. You wouldn't want the legislature to tell you what you can and can't do at home would you?
    A 2nd Point to Archer51 isn't that what we are fighting against right now, having people trying to legislate the 2nd Amendment out of the Constitution or make it so we can't have firearms, but yet we want to legislate them to allow us to carry, that sounds kind of contradictory in nature in my view. Just a thought mind you now.
    Just making a point. I'm with you all the way on CCP and carry mine also.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    Your two scenarios leave only once possible choice. To write to corporate and tell them your thoughts. Be nice and don't tell them that they are the societal equivalent to dog doo-doo. Or at least not in vulgar terms.

That's your only real choice. Asking the legislature to make a law which tells a private property owner what he can allow on his property or who he must sell his products to is unconstitutional.
    Fair assessment.

I apologize for my view that might seem overstepping. I think everyone on this forum agree the less 'overtly bureaucratic' government, the better, with Constitutional protections for all including RKBA.

A business owner who make a choice to post "No Firearms" sign should indicate taking business elsewhere for the licensee who places security above patronizing.

I will write a polite complaint letter to Rubio's by mail as suggested.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdogg View Post
    Fair assessment.

I apologize for my view that might seem overstepping. I think everyone on this forum agree the less 'overtly bureaucratic' government, the better, with Constitutional protections for all including RKBA.

A business owner who make a choice to post "No Firearms" sign should indicate taking business elsewhere for the licensee who places security above patronizing.

I will write a polite complaint letter to Rubio's by mail as suggested.
    Those signs annoy me too. :) I would suggest that you start with the local restaurant rather than with corporate. Their stance is pretty well settled, and you might do better to send the manager of that particular establishment a letter than anything you might send to corporate. Be polite, ask for dialog rather than demanding an apology; you know, go the whole Dale Carnegie route. If you want an example PM me and I will send you what I use over email.

Technically, if they sell alcohol for consumption then that sign on the door bears no weight. They have to have it posted next to their liquor license. I would guess that they do, but I have seen exceptions. Not that you want to ignore the sign anyway out of principle, but posting at the door doesn't work for a restaurant under the new law. It has to be conspicuously posted next to their liquor license. The funny part for me is how few establishments I have seen since the new laws went into effect who are displaying their liquor license prominently like they are supposed to!
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Ever since Arizona passed the "guns in bars" law, a lot of those popped up. When I was there recently, it was my first time there in about a year and I was amazed at how many new gun-buster signs I saw!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Just remember in California, cops, celebritys and criminals all carry. Some legal and most not legal criminals that is.

fknipfer1

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    .........Asking the legislature to make a law which tells a private property owner what he can allow on his property or who he must sell his products to is unconstitutional.............
    Really? Try refusing service to someone because of their race, color, creed, religion or sex.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

OR,,,,,,,,,I tell them this in a letter that IF, and that is a big if, I come in to your resturant and a bg comes and robbs your store and patrons,can I sue if the robber does harm to me and I gave him what he wanted?? that means if the ass bg shot me,can I sue the store for the sign and not protecting me from harm. If I die,my family will then sue for hardship and the property owner for letting the business owner having that sign displayed. I was talking to a friend of mine about this problem and the main guy from corporate was talking to the manager of the grocery store that we go to and shop and the corporate guy came to me and said You have a good point there and took the sign down,tore it up and,end of story. Now,I can ccw there.richgp100z

Links