Small gun groups don't stand chance vs. U.S. government

This is a discussion on Small gun groups don't stand chance vs. U.S. government within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't think this dork is pro-2A or owns any guns. Small gun groups don't stand chance vs. U.S. government - Alamogordo Daily News Small ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small gun groups don't stand chance vs. U.S. government

I don't think this dork is pro-2A or owns any guns.

Small gun groups don't stand chance vs. U.S. government - Alamogordo Daily News

Alamogordo Daily News
    Michael Glover, Alamogordo
    Posted: 01/02/2010 12:00:00 AM MST

You've got to hand it to these wingnut, right-wing fringe lunatics. They are a tenacious bunch and they really have the passive-aggressive tantrum act down to an art, don't they?

After thoroughly embarrassing themselves last year with their self-appointed moniker of simple "tea baggers" before researching the various nuances of the term, now they simply want to have a "tea party" in the park without, of course, the cups, saucers, scones, crumpets and extended pinkies Š or even tea, for that matter.

This time, they want to "exercise" their Second Amendment "rights" by packing and displaying firearms. As a firearm owner and Second Amendment advocate, I have to say these people may just serve as a good example of why many in this country would like to see the Second Amendment repealed.

Our Constitution guarantees us the right to keep and bear arms. I own many firearms and am content with my right to own them. Still, there is a big difference between owning and using them at will for recreation or showing up on a street corner (or a movie theater) for a radical, politically-charged protest a gun strapped to your hip.

This is not the Wild West anymore. There is really no reason to open-carry in public like these freaks will do. I interpret "open-carry" to mean that any time I travel in my vehicle with any weapon, I need to have them on the seat, in plain sight, to any law enforcement official I may encounter so that they can be confident I don't have any hidden "surprises" for them. I don't interpret this as some kind of "right" to stroll through Walgreens with a Mac-10 hanging from my shoulder. These people do more damage than good to our Second Amendment rights.

Besides that, they don't even know what they are protesting in the first place! The Obama administration has given no indication that it intends to touch the Second Amendment. The NRA has a long history of whipping conservatives into this same frenzy every time a Democratic president takes office. Again and again, these reactionaries fall for it.

It may be a lot of fun to show off your guns in the park while making a lot of noise and posing an implied threat of overthrowing your own government. If push ever came to shove, though, I'm afraid this "cowboy" mentality just wouldn't hold up long with U.S. soldiers and snipers shooting back.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

2. Remove Ads

A term I've often heard is "Silence is Acceptance." While I may not always agree with some of the things people do when it comes to gun ownership, I'd rather see those things than nothing at all.

This battle for gun ownership rights that every damned one of us on this forum is involved in will NEVER end but it surely will head in the wrong direction if we're all complacent.

Mr. Glover may own a few guns, but he does not understand gun ownership and its guarantees by the 2A.
    Perhaps he could relate if he were allowed to use the 1A at home, but not out in public.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That one got my blood boiling.

My reply to the Alamogordo Daily News:

Mr. Glover is sadly wrong on many fronts. First off, it was so-called "reporters" in the Obama-adoring liberal news media who applied the term "tea baggers" to the groups sponsoring "tea parties." The fact that a term charged with offensive sexual innuendo would be aired on nationally-broadcast television was apparently lost on the same crowd who delight in digging up dirt on Sarah Palin but who give Bambi a free pass on his questionable and sparsely-documented background.

Embarrassment? I don't know any tea partiers who are embarrassed by their actions, certainly none of the million-plus who showed up for the event in DC last fall. The network news media are clearly the ones who need to be embarrassed, however, by their head-in-the-sand approach to covering the event. Parades by naked homosexuals in San Francisco historically get more coverage than that important march on our nation's capital by a million Americans feeling disenfranchised.

Next, if Mr. Glover truly believes that "The Obama administration has given no indication that it intends to touch the Second Amendment," then he must also believe that Eric Holder, Rahm Emanuel, Janet Napolitano and Joe Biden are merely fictitious characters who are not part of the Obama administration. All have spoken publicly and/or privately within the past year about limiting rights regarding private firearms ownership and use by Americans.

Lastly, one can bash the NRA until the cows come home. Yes, I'm a member, and I don't agree with 100% of their positions, but there is no other group investing as much time and resources for the preservation of the right to keep and bear arms as the NRA. If Roy Nagin was mayor of Mr. Glover's city when a Katrina-level disaster struck, the many firearms he says he owns would be confiscated - by force, if necessary - "for your safety." I'd like to ask Mr. Glover under what Constitutional privilege did the civil authorities confiscate legally-owned private property? The NRA sponsored new legislation and multiple lawsuits to get the confiscated property back to its rightful owners and to prevent such illegal acts in the future. For that alone the NRA deserves my thanks and praise.

Readers should pay close attention to the fact that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights do not GRANT freedoms and liberties, but rather they recognize God-given rights and PROTECTS them from interference from government. If that understanding makes me a "wingnut, right-wing fringe lunatic," then that is a badge I will wear proudly.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Very well written and with the right message!! Well done, Smitty!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    gasmitty i think covered most of my points... I can't stand when gun owners still act like sheep..... NRA all the way!
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Just how 'few' are we? For the last year and a half, every single month nearly enough firearms were bought by the citizens of the US to outfit the largest standing army in the world - China. That's every single month! Before the Obama panic, enough firearms were bought by our people each month to arm the world's second largest army - India. Every month!

Who are these 'US soldiers and snipers'? They are your brother, sister, father, niece, uncle, and the kid who used to deliver your newspaper. They are us. One of the reasons these citizens joined the military is patriotism. They have sworn to protect the Constitution from all enemies, both foreign and domestic. They also know what an 'illegal' order is, and that 'I was only following orders' is not a defense.

While the Second Amendment allows us ownership of firearms, and use of them for recreation and protection, the purpose of that Amendment is to prevent tyranny by our own government. We must exercise our Second Amendment Rights and defend them against idiots and politicians or we will have no way of protecting our other Rights.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Besides that, they don't even know what they are protesting in the first place!
    I protest the continued seeking of the destruction of public firearms ownership. The writer of that snide piece makes it sound like the Assault Weapons Ban and the continual pushing laws and ordinances for everything from full nationwide bans up (down?) to No Guns Allowed bans in specific zones.

The current crop of nannies have given every possible indication of the intention to continue that work. If that were false, then the current nannies wouldn't be working to amazingly hard in support of the two most egregious examples of head-in-sand firearms approaches in the country: Washington DC's full ban on firearms that was destroyed in Heller and is currently being fully ignored by the putzes in charges; and, Chigago's full ban on firearms that is currently being destroyed by the SCOTUS lawsuit in motion.

Again and again, these reactionaries fall for it.
    Calling responsiveness that, when such action is appropriate to combat resurrection of such attacks on the 2A, is appropriate. Yet, the way this is said is sneering in tone and suggests the person reacting to reality is supposed to be sorry for the need. I'm happy to swat a few dung flies off the mousse when needed, 'cause if nothing were done then the idiot nannies would prevail. We simply can't allow that and still have our nation survive.

This idiot wants to denigrate the people taking a stand for this right and yet wants to still claim he/she is still a proponent of the right? If we had 200M voting citizens so twisted as that, we'd have no rights. Thankfully, they aren't so numerous.

You know, this sort of position reminds me of Christian Trejbal, the sniveling writer with pieces in the Roanoke Times following the tragedy of the Virginia Tech murders and in the Orlando Sentinel regarding "sunshine week" and government transparency supporting the self-righteous call for disclosure of concealed carry license holders. If y'all hate it so much here ... leave.

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I doubt very much that those shooting back will be OUR sisters, bothers, sons, fathers, even U.S. soldiers. Any way you look at it, it will take many years of shooting, and when it's over the body count will be endless on both sides. Whatever would be left of the mess, either way, wouldn't resemble anywhere I would want to live. Kiss it all good-by if it gets there.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    "Small gun groups don't stand chance vs. U.S. government" I'm sure England said the same thing back in 1774. This guy claims to be pro-2A, yet his style of writing and his choice of words appear to mirror the rhetoric from the far-left anti's.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

What a liberal with a gun? This guy in the whacko. Sad the media will always side with the antigun nuts and ignore common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    It may be a lot of fun to show off your guns in the park while making a lot of noise and posing an implied threat of overthrowing your own government. If push ever came to shove, though, I'm afraid this "cowboy" mentality just wouldn't hold up long with U.S. soldiers and snipers shooting back.
    I've often heard this, it seems to me that experience has shown that armed insurgents can fight the US military to a stand-still in the types of urban warfare that is becoming the most common form of conflict today.

They've done it in Iraq. The Afghans have fought off the British, the Russians (not to mention even more ancient empires) and are poised to do the same to the Americans.

The insurgents take a terrible beating, but they often end up prevailing in the long term.

Simeon

Administrator
    I want Michael Glover to post pictures of all the firearms that he owns here on DC.
    He sure does sound like a real gun owner to me. <~~~

That was great gasmitty.

I was at the protest today in Alamogordo. It was organized by the Otero County Tea Party, the Alamogordo 2nd Amendment Task Force, and the Liberty Riders. There was a "counter" protest across the street with a pathetic showing of 5 people total. The protest was peaceful, and there was a lot of support from the people driving by. It was an open carry event.

Max

Colt 45 - that's a real Sheep Dog you got there!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links