Washington State - anti-gun legislation coming !!!

This is a discussion on Washington State - anti-gun legislation coming !!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After the recent article in the Seattle Times, stating that anti-gun laws were being considered to be introduced early in 2010, I sent emails to ...

Thread: Washington State - anti-gun legislation coming !!!

Washington State - anti-gun legislation coming !!!

After the recent article in the Seattle Times, stating that anti-gun laws were being considered to be introduced early in 2010, I sent emails to every Senator and Rep in the state of Washington.

I received an email today from Representative, Dan Roach, his comment was a simple statement that many (and he used the word "many.) anti-gun bills will be introduced very soon.

His next sentence reads, "However, I do not think there is enough support to ban guns."

While I appreciate his response, he's very VAGUE on details. Sure, perhaps since the bills aren't introduced yet, no one knows what's coming. But I will guarantee there will be bills introduced to ban the assault weapons, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a local effort from western WA antis to really press this, coupled with getting the backing and support from local law-enforcement agencies.

Yes, I am very sorry for all of the ignorant things that have happened of late. But in reality, which one of those cop-killing crimes, if any, would have been prevented by a gun ban?

In conclusion, I am truly concerned over how much of an effect the media attention has had an impact on the local, state and Federal agencies that will be supporting these bills, as well as the general public's opinion.

I work in a VERY anti office surrounding. Most everyone here at my office is anti-gun, pro-Obama - and I have never heard so much "ban all guns" talk than in the past three months.

I fear some shocking bills will be introduced very soon in the state of Washington. And the antis are growing in numbers !!!
    God, help us!
    Boomer Sooner!

2. Remove Ads

You need to nip this sort of thing in the bud. You need to do this NOW!

A letter writing campaign at this stage stating unequivocally that ANYONE who proposes or votes for anti-gun legislation will be IMMEDIATELY recalled. You need to back this up with mass numbers of voters names as well as organizations.

I believe that your State Constitution guarantees the RTKBA. You should remind your representatives of this and the fact that the RTKBA "shall not be impaired." I believe that a reasonable case may be made that "impaired" also encompasses "specific gun bans."

Hopefully, SCOTUS ... will make a positive ruling in March on the Chicago case, and alter their thinking in Washington.

Washington State is interesting.... Actually we have pretty good gun laws here. Washington has about 300,000 concealed permits out there. So that means something.

Washington comes across as quite Liberal politically, not to mention that nutty ex-Seattle-Mayor Greg Nichols who thought he could save lives by illegally banning guns from Seattle Parks. I heard him on the radio and just about wanted to throwup....

Liberal-College-Minority types collect in the big city and talk a lot about banning guns for everybody except gangbangers But, some students at the UW started armed patrols. And Washington State still has a death penalty where you can be hung by rope, old fashion style.

So, it's a real mixed bag here. But the gun rights are soli

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Please keep an eye out for that legislation and keep us informed. Do we have an organization in WA to fight that sort of thing, or do we have to rely on the NRA? I moved here not that long ago and don't know the ins and outs of what I can do to help?
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by bgriffin70 View Post
    While I appreciate his response, he's very VAGUE on details.
    Most likely because an aide sent the reply, not Rep. Roach. Aides know the legislator's general position on topics, and Roach is always pro-gun. However, by being somewhat vague, he hasn't committed to anything.

CP Lincoln

+1??

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Please keep an eye out for that legislation and keep us informed. Do we have an organization in WA to fight that sort of thing, or do we have to rely on the NRA? I moved here not that long ago and don't know the ins and outs of what I can do to help?
    I have lived in WA for, well years, but have not really found any organization either, I have always pestered a couple of the senators in my area. Some info would be nice if there is a link or anything.

Links