GA Positive Alert!! Support HB615

This is a discussion on GA Positive Alert!! Support HB615 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just got done reading the proposed HB615 which is about to move forward now that the State Senate and House are back in session ...

Thread: GA Positive Alert!! Support HB615

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Thumbs up GA Positive Alert!! Support HB615

I just got done reading the proposed HB615 which is about to move forward now that the State Senate and House are back in session for the new year.

HB615 does away with restrictions on public gathering carry. Will let you carry in all places except a courthouse, jail, or prison. I did not read any other exceptions (period).

HB615 also reduces the renewal fee for 5 year weapon permit to 15.00 and adds a LIFETIME license for 40.00.

The bill also, and I think this is the best part, does away with the "Only a handgun, revolver, or other pistol" part and allows all weapons, defined as a weapon, no longer firearm only, to be authorized for personal defense while having a legal carry permit in the state.

There are a number of other very positive things in the bill which you can read if you care to.

Now is the time to call the GA state legislators and let them know to support this bill.

hb615.html
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

HB 615 is a crucially important bill for law abiding gun owners in Georgia! We also need to support SB 308, a similar bill in the state Senate. Georgia members, please write letters to your state representative and senator asking them to support these bills.

This is the best chance we've had in years to get rid of the idiotic restrictions on concealed carry here in GA.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I would agree.

on the 23rd im going to a Townhall with Senator Chip Rodgers and I am going to attempt to let him know about our support for these 2 bills.

hes very progun anyways so im sure he will oblige and take it up to his folks I hope.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Links