ATF require background checks at TEXAS gunshow (MERGED)

This is a discussion on ATF require background checks at TEXAS gunshow (MERGED) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Texas Gun Shows Organizer Targeted by the ATF Makes His Case on the Alex Jones Show this is not political this is a second ammendment ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATF require background checks at TEXAS gunshow (MERGED)

ATF require background checks at TEXAS gunshow (MERGED)

Texas Gun Shows Organizer Targeted by the ATF Makes His Case on the Alex Jones Show

this is not political this is a second ammendment issue

2. Remove Ads

Update: the gunshow actually got shut down because a man got arrested apparently for not getting his gun background checked in TEXAS and got held for an hour and released without charges. Then HEB the grocery store who owns the building pulled the plug and said no more gun shows because of this "arrest". Obviously they were threatened like the gunshow owner was by the ATF and austin police department.

Oh jeebus. I"m gonna read that article closely. It sounds like it's the new gun show in south Austin.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

From the venue website
    HOME

At the Direction of the Austin Police Department and the
    Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms,
    ONLY LICENSED FFL DEALERS will be allowed to set up and sell firearms at the N. Austin Show Location.

The gun show organizer should take his buisness out of the city of Austin, and Travis County, up north to Williamson County. Austin and Travis County are basically lost causes to the Red's (democrat, commie, same diff)

With that being said, this action by the BATF, APD does appear to be an affront on our 2nd ammendment rights.

I wasn't aware of any reciently passed laws that addessed the so-called "gunshow loophole". It sounds like our Federal and Local government have decided to start making their own laws now.
    This new hosting company, texasgunshows, was renting out space down south of the river a few months ago, the SAXET show was in the crocket center. The SAXET show has been canceled for a few months now, I don't know why, but apparently texasgunshows has taken over the crocket center.

I went to the texasgunshows in south austin 2 months ago and it was the WORST gunshow I've ever been to. Total waste of seven bucks. Only two large vendors with high prices on pistols. I vowed never to return. When my wife and I go, that's about $15 flushed down the toilet.'

some more reading here...

Only FFLs at Austin Shows?!?

That don't make any sense. We are not seeing all the facts, no better way to shut down a gun show.

no laws have been passed. Government just wants to train the sheep to accept it and everyone will think it is law. they will pass it later.

They'll continue only as long as the citizens abide by non-laws! This is bullying, and illegal bullying at that!

Stand up for your rights or kneel in chains!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Brett Baker:800-432-3113 this is the corporate guy at a heb that folded and let us down instead of standing up. Be nice it's not his fault he got bullied but let him know you want him to reconsider letting the gun show continue.

Mayor 512-974-2200 mayor was "out of town" but I left a message with his secretary

michael mcdonald 512-974-2307 they told me to get ahold of the police chief here but this was the city organizor

Austin police dep. 512-972-9896 this is the austin police dept. NON emergency number. Let them know you want to speak to the chief

I don't know the number of the local atf agency in austin

Gee, if any of the ATF agents has the last name od 'Soprano’, it all makes sense.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Like I've always said, Austin (Travis County) is a bastion of liberalism. On the face it appears to be an affront on our rights and more specifically the rights of the people of Texas.
    I hope to hear something coming out of Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott's office on this.
    Texas Attorney General

The feds are just getting too big for their shoes.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Did the BATF ban private gun sales at Austin Gun Show?

Apparently these flyers where being handed out at the show this weekend.

Sorry, can't get the actual flyer to post

Fixed.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Apparently these flyers where being handed out at the show this weekend.

Sorry, can't get the actual flyer to post

Fixed.
    I like it when they pass out a flier with no citation of statue, rule code, or regulation; just we said so!

Even a noob on the forum knows without a cite it ain't right!
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

#2, selling of firearms in the parking lot will not be permitted

(but exchanging info and selling later is AOK wink wink). I suppose it's their private property and they can ask you to leave if they see a sale going on in the parking lot, but there's no law against this other than a potential trespassing if you refuse to leave.

Gun show in texas targeted

A local radio show in the town I currently lived in was discussing a gun show in Texas in which the local authorities requested than no guns be sold at the show. The radio host said that gun shows are unfairly targeted.

It is my opinion that gun shows are not unfairly targeted and that not only should all sales at a gun show require a background check but that every time a gun is transferred from one owner to another a background check should be required. Here in Missouri a private owner can sell a gun anyone. To me this sounds irresponsible. The individual selling the gun has no clue if the buyer is a mentally disturbed felon with 10 counts of aggravated assault and has just had a restraining order put on them by their girl friend.

Does anyone agree with me?

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Jim I think I am going to have to respectfully disagree. While naturally there may be concerns, do I take the same precautions when selling a car to someone? They may be a felon, might have their license suspended and may use the car in a DUI. The analogy works fairly well, and of course we wouldn't want to go that far.

Face to face sales are a case where the seller needs to take reasonable precaution, and in many states such as AZ it is a crime to knowingly sell a firearm to a prohibited possessor or someone who intends to commit a crime with it. However, most FTF sellers I see here require their purchaser to have a valid AZ CCW permit or at the very least a DL that they can search through a criminal database (free online) to make a perfunctory verification that they are not a felon.

That is a FAR cry from a federally mandated background check on face to face sales. I would not be for that one bit; I want less government, not more.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links