NJ Legislation

This is a discussion on NJ Legislation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I received this email today. Please take action and help the cause. From: <carrollpol@aol.com> Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11 09 EST To: <carrollpol@aol.com> Subject: ...

Thread: NJ Legislation

NJ Legislation

I received this email today. Please take action and help the cause.

Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 1109 EST
    To: <carrollpol@aol.com>
    Subject: Second Amendment Freedoms

Recently, I received hundreds of e-mails from across the state in support of my proposal to permit concealed carry here in New Jersey. New Jersey, alas, enjoys a well-deserved reputation for featuring the most draconian anti-freedom laws in the entire nation.

Obviously, given this outpouring of support, you are among the few, like me, who haven’t – yet – given up on NJ and relocated to more freedom friendly states.

I believe that the time has come to start pushing back. Instead of fighting a losing battle to prevent further erosions of freedom, we must reverse the tide and move NJ back in the direction of advancing, not constricting, freedom.

First, note that the Bill number of concealed carry has changed. With the new legislative session, the number is A-1384. I have also reintroduced A-1398, which would replace NJ’s cumbersome and lengthy background check processes with NCIS.

But these are not sufficient. I believe we need to ensure not only the freedom triumphs in NJ, but we need to make it clear that it cannot properly be denied by transient legislative majorities. Therefore, I anticipate introducing, in the not too distant future, two bills. One will be a constitutional amended to add firearms freedoms to the NJ constitution. The other will be a comprehensive proposal to revise NJ’s firearm laws, including repeal of the foolish “assault” weapons ban, repeal of the one-gun-a-month silliness, reform of the law respecting transporting firearms, etc. I anticipate including a castle doctrine as well as a “no-retreat” proposal.

And it is here that I would welcome your input. While the Bill is already in the drafting stages, I wonder: do you have a particular proposal for necessary reform? If so, it may be possible for me to include that proposal into the comprehensive bill.

I would very much welcome your thoughts about how to reestablish, preserve, and extend these basic human freedoms.
    michael patrick carroll
    Assemblyman, NJ-25

2. Remove Ads

Good Luck and Bless you for your efforts.

I guess NJ is not the lost cause I thought it was going to be!

Stay the Course!
    Chris
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

As A Texan with no voice in NJ, I think the Castle Doctrine with no retreat required is the key to changing NJ's attitude and laws.

When you don't have to fear the reprisal of state law when it comes to defending your self and other and property it frees your thinking on firearms and their proper use.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    As A Texan with no voice in NJ, I think the Castle Doctrine with no retreat required is the key to changing NJ's attitude and laws.

When you don't have to fear the reprisal of state law when it comes to defending your self and other and property it frees your thinking on firearms and their proper use.
    Excellent point.

The thought of CCW in NJ has me smelling green!
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Links