Many Anti-Gun Bills Proposals in New York

This is a discussion on Many Anti-Gun Bills Proposals in New York within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Several measures are being proposed in the New York State Legislature (Politburo). As you are reading through it is a terrifyingly reminder of what Totalitarianism ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Many Anti-Gun Bills Proposals in New York

Many Anti-Gun Bills Proposals in New York

Several measures are being proposed in the New York State Legislature (Politburo). As you are reading through it is a terrifyingly reminder of what Totalitarianism really is. I urge you all to contact a legislator.

*Assembly Bill 801A and its Senate companion, S 1598A, would require five-year renewals on pistol licenses.

*Assembly Bill 1093 and its Senate companion, S 1715, would create liability for legal firearm retailers when criminals misuse firearms.

*Assembly Bill 1275 and its Senate companion, S 1712, would outlaw the private sale and transfer of long guns.

*Assembly Bill 1326 and its Senate companion, S 5228, would outlaw all handguns sold in the state not equipped with so-called "child-proofing" measures.

*Assembly Bill 2881 and its Senate companion, S 2379, would ban the sale of common self-defense and hunting ammunition.

*Assembly Bill 2884 would prohibit gun shows on public property.

*Assembly Bill 2885 and Assembly Bill 2910 would establish standards for guns sold in the state and would allow the state police to prevent ANY firearm they deem unsafe from being transferred into the state.

*Assembly Bill 3200 and its Senate companion, S 2953, would require ammunition coding or bullet serialization.

*Assembly Bill 3346 would outlaw affordable handguns commonly used for self-defense.

*Assembly Bill 3477 and its Senate companion, S 1188, would expand the failed 10-year-old, ballistic imaging program to include even more firearms.

*Assembly Bill 4441 and its Senate companion, S 4338, would prohibit the manufacture, sale or transfer of handguns not equipped with so-called "smart gun" technology.

*Assembly Bill 5844 and its Senate companion, S 3098, would prohibit keeping firearms available for self-defense in the home.

*Assembly Bill 6157 and Assembly Bill 6294 and their Senate companion, S 4084, would drastically expand the state's ban on so-called "assault weapons" to include virtually all semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can accept detachable magazines.

*Assembly Bill 6468B and its Senate companion, S 6005, would outlaw the sale of all semi-automatic handguns not equipped with so-called "microstamping" technology.

*Senate Bill 4752 would ban certain firearms based upon bore diameter.

These legislators have no understanding of what FREEDOM is. They should be ashamed.

2. Remove Ads

Looks like they're on the fast track to Hades
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Just when you think you've seen the worst bills! Do-gooder lawmakers have nothing better to do?
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

It's time to dump all the libs and start over! Can you spell recall

I am going to have a field day on Monday when I will call the Lib Legislators.

I may even put together a Youtube video.

Just looking at all of those proposals is pure STALINISM and MARXISM.

These bills do one thing and one thing ONLY: IT PUNISHES THE LAW ABIDING CITIZEN!

SHAME ON YOU, the NY LEGISLATORS THAT ARE PROPOSING THESE MEASURES!

I have already e-mailed Hugh Fartly, NY is becoming a sink hole.
    I should have waited until I was not as ticked off to write maybe it would have been a little more eloquent.

Well here it is..........

The good ole boys are still at it I see, trying to regulate firearms out of existence. The laws being passed do nothing to stop the criminals as criminals do not follow the laws anyway.
    In short I would like to know why NY politicians feel the need to control law abiding citizens?
    The real facts show that crime rises where gun control is the strictest. Just take a look at Chicago for (one) a case in point.
    Remember the upset in the Massachusetts elections this week. Seems folks are tired of being governed by those who do not listen and want to defy real public interest.
    The US Constitution does not state anything about restricting law abiding citizens. I urge NY politicians to study and govern our state with that in mind.
    NY and California are leading the way at chiseling away the rights of law abiding gun owners.
    Talking with people from all over the state, that will change in the next elections.
    I'm sure this will not reach your desk as it is not important enough because of the subject.
    I can assure that people will be following to see if these bills pass and what is being introduced.
    The next elections will be interesting.

Respectfully; My Name Here

ETA: For some reason it's not in paragraphs when I pasted it here.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

BRAVO Rottkeeper, BRAVO!

I will forward my communique whether it is a Youtube Video or a letter.

It was short, sweet, and MOST IMPORTANT, to the point! Fellow, members of Defensive Carry, call and write members of the NYS Legislature!

I am working on a letter will post soon

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    *Senate Bill 4752 would ban certain firearms based upon bore diameter.

WTH???

This is probably the most dangerous anti constitutional legislation they have up there.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    Just when you think you've seen the worst bills! Do-gooder lawmakers have nothing better to do?
    When not creating additional 'anti' laws, they do have committee meetings to interview and hire really expensive bodyguards.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    Jet, if you are going to stir the liberal pot you might as well also ask them to support bill S-3478/A-6187 which would remove judicial discretion with regard to permit restrictions. ;)

That should make their head spin.

And if they want to save the state money they should support A-5427, A-6388 and S-1152 which dumps COBIS. $50mil in 10 years and it hasn't been used in one prosecution. What a surprise, the criminals aren't registering their guns.

[rant]

Wow. What utter ridiculousness. My state taxes, hard at work.

In 20-30 years, they'll be old and living out their high-pensioned retirements. Only bad guys have any guns, and they'll have legislated their way out of any protection what-so-ever.

What am I talking about. The hypocrites will have bought up their share of guns before that happens.

Thanks for the heads-up Jet. My fingers are wandering over to find some legislator email action now.
    NRA member
    Registered voter
    Make it take an army to back you down.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    The meat-head NYS Senator who is from my district (Antoine Thompson -D-NY) somehow manages to avoid any discussion of substance as it relates to the current economic quagmire yet he manages to get his mug on my TV and in my mailbox for every give-away and social welfare program that has ever come into being. He supports every single anti-2A bill that comes up and is often the sponsor of those bills. Here he is with one of his "party members".

BTW: Thompson is the sailor on the left.

Send him an email or a letter to let him know how we feel.

Antoine M Thompson's Contact Information | New York State Senate

Working Draft... what do you think?

Dear ____

I am writing in regard to the numerous firearm legislation bills that are "on the table" right now: Assembly Bill/Senate Companion: 801A/S1598A, 1093/S1715, 1275/S1712, 1326/S5228, 2881/S2379, 2884, 2885, 2910, 3200/S2953, 3346, 3447/S1188, 4441/S4338, 5844/S3098, 6157, 6294, 6468B/S6005, Senate Bill 4752.

Far be it from me to pass moral judgement, but shame on you for wanting to make it next to impossible for the law-abiding citizens of our state to obtain firearms so they may protect themselves! It's already difficult enough, as I'm finding out lately. Since you are a citizen of my state as well, let me ask you if the following statement sounds correct: Let's let criminals do whatever they wish to us and our properties without ANY fear of repercussion. It didn't sound quite right, did it?

It's a well-known fact that crime is higher where gun control is higher. I'm asking you, as a law-abiding citizen, your neighbor, and a person who pays you to defend my Constitutional rights to turn down these restrictions. One of these days, you might find yourself in a situation wishing you had a firearm (or someone nearby with one) to defend yourself. I won't let that happen to me.

smylypy

Thanks to jetpilot for that exhaustive list of bills.
    NRA member
    Registered voter
    Make it take an army to back you down.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    If it weren't for their influence elsewhere, I'd say why bother. Let them have their "little England"
    Sadly, I too will be drafting letters, though it will amount to peeing in the wind.

As a former resident of the state I become ILL every time I see schmucky Schumer and his cronies spouting off on TV.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links