those interested in defeating texas gun control

those interested in defeating texas gun control

This is a discussion on those interested in defeating texas gun control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Do to what the austin police, atf, and ice did to the people of texas at the austin gun show. (there is another post that ...

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: those interested in defeating texas gun control

  1. #1
    Member Array HALLOWEEN Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    holland, tx
    Posts
    26

    those interested in defeating texas gun control

    Do to what the austin police, atf, and ice did to the people of texas at the austin gun show. (there is another post that will give more info on that) there is going to be a protest this monday at the austin police department at 5pm. PROtest: Stop Gun Control in Texas! - The Austin Liberty Coalition (Austin, TX) - Meetup.com

    there is more info at that website.

    Lets let them know how we feel about this. We need to respond in a big way to things like this if we want our opinions to be known. Also they are recommending people wear empty holsters with consitutions in them.


  2. #2
    Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by HALLOWEEN Z View Post
    Do to what the austin police, atf, and ice did to the people of texas at the austin gun show. (there is another post that will give more info on that) there is going to be a protest this monday at the austin police department at 5pm. PROtest: Stop Gun Control in Texas! - The Austin Liberty Coalition (Austin, TX) - Meetup.com

    there is more info at that website.

    Lets let them know how we feel about this. We need to respond in a big way to things like this if we want our opinions to be known. Also they are recommending people wear empty holsters with consitutions in them.
    I'm not sure what happened down there, is there a non-bias report on this somewhere? Not saying I'm not bias, but I own and carry, but before I jump, I like to know as much as I can.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

  3. #3
    Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Posts
    1,618
    Never mind, just found the other thread on it. I remember seeing that. I saw the poster also, what a crock. What is wrong down there and this is Texas, run them out of office and out of our State. Where is the number to the Governors Office.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

  4. #4
    Member Array HALLOWEEN Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    holland, tx
    Posts
    26
    I'm not sure it's pointless. Perry is a looser. This is right there in the capitol

  5. #5
    Member Array REDTAIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NY STATE
    Posts
    403
    Isn't Austin home to Willie Nelson, & also was it not in Austin back in the 1960's where they had the Texas tower Sniper, killing people on that campus, you figure after that incident, you would want every Texan armed in the future.

  6. #6
    Member Array HALLOWEEN Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    holland, tx
    Posts
    26
    ya but I mean perry knows whats goin on, probably part of it, thats what I mean by being at the capitol.

    And don't you know that if the sniper wouldn't have been able to go to a gun show to get a gun that those people wouldn't have been killed? If everyones guns were takin away than knowone would be killed ever.

    to those people I say

    any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and loses both.
    Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by REDTAIL View Post
    Isn't Austin home to Willie Nelson, & also was it not in Austin back in the 1960's where they had the Texas tower Sniper, killing people on that campus, you figure after that incident, you would want every Texan armed in the future.
    I'm pretty sure that was San Antonio, but I see your point in being armed, but then again the BATF is not State, they are federal.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

  8. #8
    Member Array faif2d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    259
    I have heard the during the Texas tower sniper attack several hunters took long guns from their cars and shot back. It was said that this kept the tole from being much higher. I do not remember where or when I read this but it was in the last year. Anyone else see this?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by HALLOWEEN Z View Post
    ya but I mean perry knows whats goin on, probably part of it, thats what I mean by being at the capitol.
    Actually, the Governor of Texas is a HUGE proponent of the 2A. Here's a picture of him at LaRue Tactical shooting 1-2 MOA:

    Last edited by Ride4TheBrand; January 24th, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

  10. #10
    Member Array b52ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Summerfield, FL
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was San Antonio, but I see your point in being armed, but then again the BATF is not State, they are federal.
    The Tower sniper was in Austin.
    "Evil prospers when good men and women do nothing" - British citizen

  11. #11
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,721

    For Halloween Z- Holland TX, Off topic

    Quote Originally Posted by HALLOWEEN Z View Post
    ya but I mean perry knows whats goin on, probably part of it, thats what I mean by being at the capitol.

    And don't you know that if the sniper wouldn't have been able to go to a gun show to get a gun that those people wouldn't have been killed? If everyones guns were takin away than knowone would be killed ever.

    to those people I say

    any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and loses both.
    Thomas Jefferson
    If you are able, get a photo of the Holland TX main street up here---what you see on your right hand side as you are facing toward Salado with 95 to your back. Some of the folks here need to see what real civilization looks like :)

    They don't make small towns like they used to.

    Sorry I can't join you but Austin is too much of a haul for me.

  12. #12
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,839
    Enough on the sniper.

    Ok... now, what happpened at the gun show that's prompted this... anyone know ?

    Personally, reading & hearing what they have done at some in New York, etc... I would not be suprised at much... checking FFL's, trying to make fake buys, and general harrassment of people and dealers there. Wondering if this was the same type of thing. I have no doubts that Obama, Eric Holder , etc. are pushing this agenda.

    If they want to do that here, they can go for it, but I'm sure it would get a definite reaction. People are kind of blunt around here.

  13. #13
    Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by b52ace View Post
    The Tower sniper was in Austin.
    Thanks, I remember now, 1 Aug 66. That man had problems for sure.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Texas Girl on Gun Control
    By thinktwice in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: February 17th, 2011, 11:48 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: February 15th, 2011, 07:20 PM
  3. A scattergun I am really interested in
    By Lawrence Keeney in forum Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: July 8th, 2005, 10:13 PM

Search tags for this page

defeating new gun legislation

,

texas responds to gun control

Click on a term to search for related topics.