Defensive Carry banner

Either I am Ignorant or Confused but..

3K views 45 replies 34 participants last post by  Guardian 
#1 ·
I have a problem believing that the Government is out to take (besides a minor majorityof politician wackos that think this way) or has the ability to take our weapons. Is this the same government that couldn't even organize a good relief effort in New Orleans (very tiny compared to taking guns) or the same country that thought that Saddam had WMD (that we are still looking for i suppose) right before we attacked it or the same country that can't find one man (Bin Laden) but we the people (some not all) believe that they can come and get our guns. I am not naive nor am I paranoid I just don't think it can happen and "no" the gun confiscation in Germany was not even close to what this task would be for a government that is in debt and would have a hard time justifying spending alot of money on gun confiscation to we the people. I think that the american people have learned from confiscations in history (Stalin/Hitler) and would never let it happen. Please help me understand?

#41 ·
Just to put this in perspective 10 years ago we could not carry concealed but now we can but.... we are losing more rights! Lets take a look at the Nazi restriction on Weapons.

Nazi Weapons Act of 1938 (Translated to English)

1. Classified guns for "sporting purposes". (be awfully hard to do!)
2. All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check. (Very possible!)
3. Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law. (add Democrats or Republicans to the sentence and it still would never happen)
4. Gave Nazis unrestricted power to decide what kinds of firearms could, or could not be owned by private persons. (With Democrats and Republicans running the country they could never agree on anything)
5. The types of ammunition that were legal were subject to control by bureaucrats. (Very Possible!)
6. Juveniles under 18 years could not buy firearms and ammunition. (already here and we are better for it!)

and one other things that he did:

7. Outlawed all Jewish people from owning guns (This will never ever happen in america where a race of people is discriminated against unless you count ******** and blondes)

Based on history this will never happen in the USA because we have learned from our past and because of this one thing in the article below: "While the Nazis made good on the threat to execute persons in possession of firearms, the gun control decree was not entirely successful. Partisans launched armed attacks. But resistance was hampered by the lack of civilian arms possession (which does not apply to the USA)."

Reference: Nazi Gun Control

P.S.: I am actually kind of suprised that I have not been attacked or labeled a liberal and that so far the dialogue has remained civil.:hand10: This says alot to me about the type of people that are active on this site.

#44 ·
Nazi Weapons Act of 1938 (Translated to English)

1. Classified guns for "sporting purposes". (be awfully hard to do!)
2. All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check. (Very possible!)
3. Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law. (add Democrats
Pete14

Don't be to sure about that,
Here in michigan we used to have over 1.5 MILLION whitetailed deer.
Our Illustrious DNR has all but sent out a death warrant for them, in the form of vast increases in doe permits. The guise was that we had an infestation of Bovine Tuberculosis, CWD,(chronic wasting disease), and now this, the latest in a never-ending line of B S ,,Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease (EHD) in White-tailed Deer .There has been a handful of deer that had Bovine TB, 1-2 deer in private herds that had CWD, and they flip the panic switch and make you believe its an epidemic. END RESULT after 10 years of this crap?
Less than 800,000k-1million deer in the state.
There is so much apathy among hunters that some keep saying they might throw in the towel.
Now , if they ever passed legislation stating that if you have not hunted in past years, you must "Turn" in YOUR hunting firearm, now what?

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our street will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" Adolf Hitler, 1935

#45 ·
Well.... after Obama chewed out the Supreme Court & it's decision, he then said we can't have this and that he will push Congress to pass a new law.

Some people don't get that a law may be unconstitutional, don't care, and will do things because they think their opinion and power is above the Constitution.

On top of that, Obama had all of his facts wrong. I have no doubt Eric Holder would take all the guns tomorrow if he thought he could get away with it. He's extremely anti-gun and has sworn he "will " get a national registration.

Which part of all that, are people not getting ?

#46 ·
I want to point one thing to you in all of this if I may. The folks in charge during most of what you have listed above did not want to take away our weapons while this was going on. The folks in charge now would love to do it, there is a difference, those folks back then might have been inept at things, but they were pro-gun, the folks today might be inept at things, but they are anti-gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.