Anybody catch George W. Bushes speech?

This is a discussion on Anybody catch George W. Bushes speech? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This plan is nothing more than damage control for the off-year elections. Baby Bush has had 6 years to do something and he just gets ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody catch George W. Bushes speech?

This plan is nothing more than damage control for the off-year elections. Baby Bush has had 6 years to do something and he just gets around to it NOW??? Like he woke up the other day and said, "Holy Cow! I forgot to guard the border!!" How stupid do these people think we are?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    You want a plan, how about this:

1 - Enforce the existing law that requires ALL employers to document that their employees are legal to be in this country and employed (make enforcement part of the tax code so the IRS goes after violators).

2 - Prohibit all money transfers south of the border without prior approval by a law enforcement agency, after showing proof that you are here legally and OK to be employed (see number 1 above). If the illegals want to chance sending cash through the US mail AND the foreign mails, let them.

3 - Put up a barrier across the southern border, patrolled by armed personnel, using all the necessary technology, 24x7. Use military personnel if needed. Pull them from Korea, Germany and Japan. Anyone who gets captured gets deported to the port in their home country that is farthest from the USA via a cargo ship.

4 - Anyone arrested gets their background checked to make sure they are not illegals. If they are, they get deported after they serve their sentence, no appeals. All their remaining monies are confiscated, as they were earned illegally.

5 - If an illegal mother has a child in this country, the child is still considered a US citizen, but has to go back to the home country of the parents until age 18, at which time they can decide in which country they will be a citizen. If they choose the US, they have to renounce their foreign citizenship. If they choose a foreign country, they are no longer US citizens.

For those who say "the price for food will go up so much", I say BS. My relatives are all farmers, and I know how much of the cost of food is what the farmers get paid (and by extension, what they pay labor). You could double or triple what farmers get, and it wouldn't add squat to the prices you see in the stores. Same with clothes, I imagine. Hey, maybe people on welfare could actually get jobs. Low level jobs could be used to teach our teenagers the value of work. The mind boggles at the opportunities.

After all the above is done, THEN consider a "guest worker" program.

Thats all any of them do is "DANCE" I voted for him in the same way I carry a 9mm XD and not a .45 Model 911 it was all I could do at the time. He is worthless but he is less worthless than the rest that were running and he at least seems to support our right to arms. Build a wall and defend it thats the answer.
    Philip L. McCleary
    Security via CCW
    and a lot of practice
    Dispatchers have the best jobs
    we tell the police where to go and they have
    to do it. Policy manual says so.

de N4LNE

DC Founder
    While I voted for and fully support the President and his efforts in Iraq and on most other issues, people rarely agree 100% with everything that someone else does. I don't agree with his lack of action on our border up to this point, and I don't believe he went near far enough in his speech. That's not disrespect, that's an opinion of someone (me) that live amongst the result of a failed immigration and border security policy. It's not Bush's doing, but it's his problem to resolve....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

All I know is that if you go to Mexico's southern border and try to cross it you will be shot on site.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

DC Founder
    This might be a good start....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by erh
    Why don't one of you guys/ gals come up with a better idea; if you could, I'd vote for YOU next time around. He may be Far from perfect, but I'm glad he's "Fillin' His Shoes; Not Me..! In the mean time; stop disrespecting your Commander in Chief!

Eric
    Machine gun nests along boarder sounds good, turn em around running back to Mexico It would only take a couple times before they get the hint Or to save time and people mine field instead of fence
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

the mexicans will never learn, they will keep coming and coming! A brick wall over 10 feet high and 5 feet into the earth is the only way i can see any progress happening, that or a huge channel with crocodiles, sharks with laser beams attached to their freaking heads, flesh eating acid, or mines everywhere with laser guided missile sensors everywhere. Something needs to happen, we don't have the man power, but we do have the fire power un-manned to accomplish any task on the border.

Closed Account Array Steelhorse's Avatar
    Do we really want the military enforcing laws?

Today, immigration enforcement. Tomorrow, ?.

Just so happens that when the military is used to enforce laws today, even when the need feels necessary, the military seems easier to use the next time. A huge slippery slope any way you cut it.

I believe the President's plan is necessary and lawful. It would essentially place the military in a huge support position, as the Minuteman project is to the Border Patrol now.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    It's not the military enforcing the laws, it is the military securing the borders of our nation from a foreign invasion. It's their job. Thousands of aliens are pouring across the border daily, some with weapons, some carrying illegal drugs, some with diseases that we have had under control for decades. And the coyotes are being aided by Mexican military units.

So the President is one step behind the Minutemen project (which he called vigilantes). Maybe his next proposal will be to erect a barrier at the border.

His proposal is legal and necessary, but inadequate.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I want someone enforceing the laws. If not the military,then who ???

I'll have to see it before i'll believe it. Im on the Texas gulf coast , And it's always been like mexico here.

VIP Member
    AutoFan nailed it in post #17...these people are coming here for the job opportunities and benefits not available in the corrupt countries that they live in. They will continue to come (in spite of any fences or border controls) as long as those benefits exist, so the only viable way to stop them is penalize those who would hire illegal aliens in such a painful and public manner that the job supply would dry up.

Instead of new Border Guards, the 6,000 employees should be going after companies and individuals that hire illegals.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    my dad had 400 acers of almonds when i was a teen and he wouldnt hire illegals they had to have pappers and we checked each ss#aginst each other to make sure no two had the same number and we seemed to make a living my dad payed the minumum wage required by law at that time3.35 an hour we had one spanish speeking forman that i fired after i found out he was extorting part of the workers pay or he would fire them. this was there fellow other farmers would pay 1.50 -250 an hour and claim they were paying the minumum wage on there taxes my dad always kept that part fair n legal and we always had the cream of the crop workers with green cards and social security our workers always paid there taxes ect... my mom did the books and she was right on top of it but other farmers would get fined and keep doing what they were doing because it was still cheeper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links