Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

This is a discussion on Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/ne...me/287987/P10/ Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

DC Founder

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/ne...me/287987/P10/

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
    But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

That link is dead. I did a google search and came up with a list of followup pieces on the local ABC website.
    Kyle Blackburn | WWAY NewsChannel 3 | Wilmington NC News

Anti-second amendment politicians with armed body guards and an assortment of "assault weapons" in their own homes is actually old news. If only the sheeple would wake up!

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I've been saying this for years. It's like when Rosie O'Donnell ragged out Tom Selleck for being pro-gun and she's anti-gun all the way, guns are evil, but when it was reported and seen that her bodyguard was carrying a gun within just feet of her, the story changed that it's alriight because he's protecting her and her kid(s), that's ok, guns are ok for that purpose. Hypocrites, all of them.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Blackburn told us he was shot as he was leaving the senator's property, but Senator Soles said he shot Blackburn in self defense as Blackburn was trying to break into his house.

Soles Shooting Update | WWAY NewsChannel 3 | Wilmington NC News

Does anyone the LAW where this happen, I think the PRO-GUN people should go after him if he broke the law.... NOW THAT WOULD BE FUNNY.

Liberals want to be judged base on their INTENSIONS with no accountability, not results and solutions.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    And it looks like he is facing charges...
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    And it looks like he is facing charges...
    I hope they charge him...

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar

Bumper, check your link....

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

This link

Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Great post Bumper.......I'll be paying this CLOSE attemtion.

Senator Soles isn't the first one of 'them' to 'do' this sorta thing either.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/chica...n-control-laws
    Amazingly enough, he was not the first local public official to take the view that firearms restrictions are something for other, ordinary people to observe. Chicago politicians are zealously committed to gun control in law but fairly relaxed about it in practice.

In 1994, State Sen. Rickey Hendon had an unregistered handgun stolen from his home in a burglary, and he didn't feign contrition about his disregard of the ordinance.

"I have a right to protect myself," he declared, noting that he had been burglarized before—and forgetting that the state legislature of which he is a member allows Illinois cities to deprive their citizens of that right. Asked if he would replace the lost piece, Hendon said, "No comment." The police were kind enough not to charge him.

U.S. Sen. Roland Burris, another Chicagoan, has endorsed a nationwide ban on handguns and, in 1993, organized Chicago's first Gun Turn-in Day. But the following year, while running unsuccessfully for governor, he admitted he owned a handgun—"for protection," he explained—and hadn't seen fit to turn it in along with those other firearms. Lesser mortals apparently can protect themselves with forks and spoons.

Scott was shot in the abdomen while chasing a burglar in 1988, so it's understandable that he would appreciate the value of having the means to defend himself against criminals. But that understanding didn't extend to the needs of ordinary Chicagoans. When the city gun ban was challenged in court, the board of education that he headed filed a brief defending Chicago's right "to prohibit classes of arms in order to prevent crime and protect public safety."

A law banning handguns, in Scott's view, was necessary to protect public safety. But when it came to protecting his private safety, he somehow perceived the law to be a hindrance, not a help.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Great post Bumper.......I'll be paying this CLOSE attemtion.

Senator Soles isn't the first one of 'them' to 'do' this sorta thing either.

Opposing Views: Chicago Demonstrates Hypocrisy with Gun Control Laws
    Amazingly enough, he was not the first local public official to take the view that firearms restrictions are something for other, ordinary people to observe. Chicago politicians are zealously committed to gun control in law but fairly relaxed about it in practice.

In 1994, State Sen. Rickey Hendon had an unregistered handgun stolen from his home in a burglary, and he didn't feign contrition about his disregard of the ordinance.

"I have a right to protect myself," he declared, noting that he had been burglarized before—and forgetting that the state legislature of which he is a member allows Illinois cities to deprive their citizens of that right. Asked if he would replace the lost piece, Hendon said, "No comment." The police were kind enough not to charge him.

U.S. Sen. Roland Burris, another Chicagoan, has endorsed a nationwide ban on handguns and, in 1993, organized Chicago's first Gun Turn-in Day. But the following year, while running unsuccessfully for governor, he admitted he owned a handgun—"for protection," he explained—and hadn't seen fit to turn it in along with those other firearms. Lesser mortals apparently can protect themselves with forks and spoons.

Scott was shot in the abdomen while chasing a burglar in 1988, so it's understandable that he would appreciate the value of having the means to defend himself against criminals. But that understanding didn't extend to the needs of ordinary Chicagoans. When the city gun ban was challenged in court, the board of education that he headed filed a brief defending Chicago's right "to prohibit classes of arms in order to prevent crime and protect public safety."

A law banning handguns, in Scott's view, was necessary to protect public safety. But when it came to protecting his private safety, he somehow perceived the law to be a hindrance, not a help.
    how do these people sleep? unbelievable?
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

They sleep just fine. It's all about getting votes.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    They sleep just fine. It's all about getting votes.
    And once they get the votes, they use their position to get money. Did you ever see a poor politician?

They definitely need to charge this guy, just so he sees the practical effects of the stupid nonsense he pushes. This is why we need term limits on these people, so that they have to go back out into the country and see what effect they've had first-hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    how do these people sleep? unbelievable?
    By count sheep........... the sheep that vote them in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links