Brady Bunch campaigning for Gun Show law change - Page 2

Brady Bunch campaigning for Gun Show law change

This is a discussion on Brady Bunch campaigning for Gun Show law change within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Why would any gun owner anywhere be in favor of even one more law, one more hoop to jump thru to purchase a firearm?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brady Bunch campaigning for Gun Show law change

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Why would any gun owner anywhere be in favor of even one more law, one more hoop to jump thru to purchase a firearm?
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

They and Bloomberg; are trying to sell that "anyone " can buy a gun at a gun show without any background check, and these "unlicensed dealers" will sell guns to felons, etc. It's all baloney.

They are hitting that people who might have a gun they want to sell, can show up at a gun show and sell it to another individual without a background check. It's the theory of "chipping" away a bit of this, a bit of that, until the tree falls over and hits the ground. And, they are blowing it way way way out of proportion.

But, I don't think we should let them get away with "lying" about it, to pass yet another anti-gun bill.... that can be modified later into something completely different than it's original intent.

...and "shall not be infringed" wasn't a suggestion.

Any proposed bills that don't hold to this basic premise, IMO, should be carefully watched and fought. Place the burden on felons (i.e. don't let them out, additional ID measures for IDs/driver's licenses--a big F in the center of the DL/IDs) not law abiding citizens.

Don't want a big F on your ID? Don't be a felon; don't hang around people who influence you from making bad decisions; don't hang around other felons. It could also be argued that once you've served your time (for a non-violent felony), you get ALL of your rights back.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

The parents of those two Columbine killer kids were ignorant and shocked and surprised about what their kids did! Not a hint or a clue or a suspicion! This is why some of the dumber among us think that they nanny state is great for their village children.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Face it. The constitution CAN be changed. Some times for the better and some times for the worse. Political engagement and discussion is one of the things that makes this country great. To simply say "If you dont like it move to russia" is...well... I don't know what it it is.
    Yes it can be changed, as in amended, NOT ignored. These Brady commies want to completely dump on it with their moronic claims that the 2A is a "collective" right, which flies in the face of the Founders' intent and ignores the obvious fact that the entire Bill of Rights is individual rights. Then they want to say that their restrictions are "reasonable". I say respecting the rule of law is the only reasonable thing, and the Constitution is on my side, not theirs. Face it, these people have no respect for your rights or mine, view the Constitution as an obstacle, and should not be listened to by anyone.

Me thinks that Pelosi does not dare to take up the issue of the non-existent "gunshow loophole" this year. It would cost the Democrats 20 or more seats in the house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links