Starbucks Allows Open Carry, Brady Campaign Whines

This is a discussion on Starbucks Allows Open Carry, Brady Campaign Whines within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by gdm320 Exactly. People love to say they have a "right" to this or that... when that isn't written anywhere. I have a ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks Allows Open Carry, Brady Campaign Whines

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    Exactly. People love to say they have a "right" to this or that... when that isn't written anywhere. I have a written right to bear arms. I have a written right to demonstrate my beliefs peacefully. I have a written right to speak my mind about my beliefs.

"The others" do not have a written right to feel anything. "I don't feel safe around people carrying guns." Well, my written rights trump your feelings. Sorry about your luck.
    Actually your "written rights" don't "trump" anything. EVERYONE has rights and not all rights are enumerated in the Bill of Rights.

For instance, everyone has a "right" to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. No where is that written in the BoR.

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    So, did Starbucks actually change their policy or do anything? It's great that they are "supporting" gun owners, but the article doesn't say they have changed anything, just that the Brady leaders brought light to their policy of compliance with state laws. I think their media campaign to beat Starbucks into submission and scare people away might actually have the opposite effect of driving gun owners into Starbucks, for no other reason than because they brought the subject up. I love it Once again the Bradys show their ignorance and prejudices, and how out of touch they are with America.
    Starbuck's policy has always been like Walmart's policy. They follow the laws of the particular State.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    I wrote Starbucks a "thank you" e-mail for allowing citizens to exercise their rights as long as they are within the law.

Here's a link to their customer service page:Contact Starbucks | Starbucks Coffee Company

I have bought a coffee at Starbucks, on some special ocassions, but I may have to stop in for another to celebrate their support for the 2A.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Starbucks allows you to lawfully express your rights... for us who work there however we can't. We can't even carry a pocket knife. It was funny I had one on my back pocket and my manager saw it his eyes bulged and was like what's that! You can't have that here!

He would die if he knew that everytime he saw me outside of work I'd been carry my XD. Even when we were having our work party at his house!
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    It is kind of funny. Of all places you'd think Starbucks would be on the anti-gun bandwagon.
    a pocket knife is a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Way to go Starbucks!

I don't drink coffee, the smell is absolutely sickening, and the taste is worse. However, I would love to support them by way of purchasing a delicious pastry, if they have them.
    I'm not a Coffee guy either. Try the "Double Chip (NOT Chocolate chip) Frappachino", no coffee in it, they're pretty good
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws."-Penn Jillette

So to thank Starbucks / battle Brady, is it better to:
    - send an email
    - open carry and buy a latte/espresso/coffee drink and leave a big tip
    - concealed carry, buy a latte/espresso/coffee drink and leave some sort of "Guns save lives" sticker and a big tip

Quote Originally Posted by louie19 View Post
    So to thank Starbucks / battle Brady, is it better to:
    - send an email
    - open carry and buy a latte/espresso/coffee drink and leave a big tip
    - concealed carry, buy a latte/espresso/coffee drink and leave some sort of "Guns save lives" sticker and a big tip
    I'd say OC (if legal in your area), spend money, and consume on premises, or if you can't stand paying their prices, just send a congratulatory e-mail. If they've got comment cards, fill one out.

Please, everyone go to Starbucks.com and post a comment. I don't frequent Starbucks much, but I did feel the need to place a comment, or two, on their web. Simply give an e-mail and set a password, then place a comment. I hope my comments, there, are helping to kill the anti-gun nuts. I am "42" there. Let them know that, even if we don't like their coffee, we do support their stance. If nothing else, visit there comments section, let me know if you think I helped or hurt our cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    While I'm glad to hear Starbucks allowing open carry, I'm quite confused. Don't they as a corporation fund anti-gun groups?

I'm confused? Anybody?
    They indeed donate heavily to Democratics in general. However, gun ownership/carry is one of those issues that crosses political boundaries.

I've haven't seen stats on this, but I'm sure there are a lot more 2A supporters among Dems than you'd think (among liberals, not so much). Much like there are quite a few fiscally conservative Dems (in congress, not so much).

njr
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainman View Post
    Never been in a Starbucks. Always thought they were full of foul smelling longhairs wearing Birkenstocks. Guess I was wrong. I'll have to start patronizing them.
    Lol. Starbucks may have been originally populated by such types, but nowadays the clientele is more apt to be upper middle class suburban types- socially liberal, more often than not ambivalent towards unions, etc. Your hippies probably brew their own, or go to a more left indy coffeeshop. BTW, many actual leftists and hippies do support the second amendment, that's why VT for example has such "liberal" carry laws.

I don't support SB b/c of their support of the Israeli gov's policy toward the Palestinians and b/c they don't really support
    fair trade, but good for them in this instance.
    By the forests, behind the guns/In the streets and in the houses/Between the tanks, by the roadside/At the hands of the men, of the women, of the children/In the cold, in the dark, in hunger....

Bertolt Brecht, "To The German Soldiers In The East", stanza 9.

You'd think they'd WANT gun owners to get their coffee.
    Most caffeine addicts are unbearable until they've had their morning fix.
    Do really expect a minimum wage coffee server to ask an armed grouch to leave?
    If Rugergirl asks for coffee, it's "yes ma'am! here you go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    You'd think they'd WANT gun owners to get their coffee.
    Most caffeine addicts are unbearable until they've had their morning fix.
    Do really expect a minimum wage coffee server to ask an armed grouch to leave?
    If Rugergirl asks for coffee, it's "yes ma'am! here you go!"
    That says it all, right there!!!
    My own answer to "Yes, we CAN".....
    C.A.N. --- Caffeine, Adrenaline, and Nicotine......!
    Nothin' like black coffee and cigarettes...."Breakfast of Champions"!!

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    in case you have been under a rock, this is an issue currently because of the recent shooting in a Seattle area coffee shop shooting that killed 4 officers:

Local News | Lakewood police shooting suspect killed by officer in South Seattle early today | Seattle Times Newspaper

I am sure it has prompted some policy reviews and aggressive behavior by Brady.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

I've got respect for Starbucks now.......

looks like the Brady Bunch is trying to bully Starbucks into banning firearms on its property......Starbucks told the Brady-fools to GET BENT!!!!

this was on XDtalk and texaschl fourms.....

__________________________________________________ _

Dear Friend,

Over the past few months, more and more gun owners have been gathering at restaurants and coffee shops like Starbucks with guns strapped to their hips, intimidating fellow patrons.

Businesses can legally prohibit guns from being carried in their establishments – and so far, Peet's Coffee & Tea and California Pizza Kitchen have heeded customer concerns and barred the open carrying of guns.

But Starbucks is refusing to prohibit the open carrying of firearms in its stores, despite protests from loyal customers.

Click here to sign the petition to let Starbucks know that you want them to stand up for the safety of their customers and adopt a nationwide, gun-free policy in all Starbucks stores

Because of Starbucks' refusal, the Brady Campaign has teamed up with CREDO Action to tell Starbucks to keep guns out of its coffee shops.

The practice of packing heat in places like Starbucks is intimidating and could be potentially dangerous to our families and communities – and it must be stopped.

It's everyone's right to sit in a restaurant or coffee shop with their families without intimidation or fear of guns, either concealed or openly carried.

Under the law, Starbucks has the right to adopt a gun-free policy (Andy's note: OR NOT), with an exception for uniformed police officers. Such a policy can easily be implemented in most cases by putting up signs at store entrances.

We need to tell Starbucks to bar guns in its stores. These individuals who have been carrying guns into Starbucks have all the firepower of a SWAT team, and none of the law enforcement training.

Please sign the petition to Starbucks today!
    Paul Helmke, President
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links