Starbucks Allows Open Carry, Brady Campaign Whines

This is a discussion on Starbucks Allows Open Carry, Brady Campaign Whines within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There needs to be a petition on the other side too. Wow do I hate what these Brady people try and do to our freedom....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks Allows Open Carry, Brady Campaign Whines

There needs to be a petition on the other side too.
    Wow do I hate what these Brady people try and do to our freedom.

2. Remove Ads

Way to go Starbucks!

VIP Member
    That is truly surprising!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Please, everyone go to Starbucks.com and post a comment. I don't frequent Starbucks much, but I did feel the need to place a comment, or two, on their web. Simply give an e-mail and set a password, then place a comment. I hope my comments, there, are helping to kill the anti-gun nuts. I am "42" there. Let them know that, even if we don't like their coffee, we do support their stance. If nothing else, visit there comments section, let me know if you think I helped or hurt our cause.
    Where exactly would I go to comment? I made an account but cant figure out where to go to comment about anything but bran muffins and red cards?

Looks like you can contact them here according to a post on OCDO.

Contact Form | Starbucks Coffee Company

VIP Member
    I drink coffee but I wish I didn't. It's not all that healthy and it does stain my teeth, gives me a bad after taste, and my breath smells. It remains on my to do list. I recall trying to stop and I became 'deathly' ill. My head hurt so bad I was throwing up and the pain was so bad that morphine wouldn't help. Two cups of coffee was the only thing I could take that would stop the unrelenting pain.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I may be wrong but,
    I can swear starbucks was behind something in regards to not supporting our troops overseas.
    If I am right then this nothing more than a tactical PR move.

Bkrazy, at the bottom of the main page there is a column "Community". The first selection is "MyStarbucksIdea.com". If you click there, it will take you to a comments page. Do a search for "guns".
    Here is the URL to go directly to that page...

My Starbucks Idea

Quote Originally Posted by ebk637 View Post
    I may be wrong but,
    I can swear starbucks was behind something in regards to not supporting our troops overseas.
    I had heard that they were anti troops as well, but I can attest first hand that we have them on our posts currently (FT Stewart/FT Irwin I have been in them) and that they have given my Company free bags of coffee. Perhaps they got their head outta their 3rd point of contact or their PR reps need a raise.

* edit- Thanks I just needed to use the search feature

I think I'll have to head by there and have a 45 ACP "Light em up" Latte.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Starbucks: Bring on the guns - Inside Bay Area

Starbucks: Bring on the guns
    By Janis Mara
    Contra Costa Times
    Posted: 02/05/2010 05:04:57 PM PST
    Updated: 02/06/2010 0556 AM PST

Starbucks has brushed aside a request from a gun control advocacy group to ban the display of guns in its retail locations, saying it will abide by laws that allow patrons to openly carry unloaded weapons.

The national Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence made the request in the wake of a series of meetings in local restaurants over the past few months by Bay Area Open Carry, a group that hopes to make it legal to carry loaded guns in California. Peets Coffee & Tea and California Pizza Kitchen responded to similar requests by banning displays of weapons in the companies' coffeehouses and restaurants.

"Starbucks does not have a corporate policy regarding customers and weapons; we defer to federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding this issue," Starbucks' customer relations department said in response to the Brady Campaign's request.

The head of a local chapter of the Brady Campaign was disappointed by the response.

"I don't want someone who carries a gun into a store to be making life-and-death decisions. I don't think it's safe for them to be there," said Griffin Dix, who leads the Oakland-Alameda County chapter, which has more than 500 members and other chapters in San Mateo and Contra Costa counties.

The Brady Campaign has sent e-mails to its approximately 180,000 members nationwide suggesting that they e-mail Starbucks asking the coffee giant to create an anti-gun policy.

An active participant in the
    Advertisement
    Bay Area Open Carry chapter hailed Starbucks' approach.

"We definitely applaud Starbucks for allowing law-abiding citizens to defend themselves and we will continue to patronize them as long as they do," said Brad Huffman, who is also a National Rifle Association-certified instructor and member of Bay Area Open Carry, which lists 610 members on its Facebook page.

Huffman said Open Carry advocates often visit Starbucks displaying unloaded weapons, either during formal events or informally. The Antioch chapter of the group has had about six meetings at a Starbucks there, he said. Other meetings have taken place at a Peet's in San Ramon and in Livermore at Panama Red Coffee Co.

Open Carry has a scheduled an event today in Walnut Creek, but has not announced a location.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Funny, they allow unloaded guns (in CA). Wonder if they've heard about free states like VA yet...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by bruce21b View Post
    We need to tell Starbucks to bar guns in its stores. These individuals who have been carrying guns into Starbucks have all the firepower of a SWAT team, and none of the law enforcement training.

Please sign the petition to Starbucks today!
    Paul Helmke, President
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
    Wow, I didn't know that my Glock 26 or my Colt Commander gave me all the firepower of a SWAT team. That's pretty cool. I guess the ARs, M4s, flash grenades, and 12 gauge shotguns they usually carry are just for show if a little 9mm pistol can do the same thing. Sweet.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

no Starbucks within 50 miles of me, plus I don't like coffee, but I'll be stopping at the next one I pass, just on principle (theirs AND mine). Kudos, Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Funny, they allow unloaded guns (in CA). Wonder if they've heard about free states like VA yet...
    If I remember correctly, in the Bay area the only way to open carry is unloaded.....

Quote Originally Posted by ebk637 View Post
    I may be wrong but,
    Again this is an if I recall correctly, but I think that was all over one store manager being an idiot. I know for a fact that the local Starbucks sends care packages to deployed members and I seem to remember (recently-like within the past three months) seeing a promotion where if you bought three or five of their new instant coffee packets they would donate some to deployed troops.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links