Starbucks Allows Open Carry, Brady Campaign Whines - Page 6

Starbucks Allows Open Carry, Brady Campaign Whines

This is a discussion on Starbucks Allows Open Carry, Brady Campaign Whines within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Jumper2501 Good thing I'm a Dunkin Donuts coffee kind of guy. Are you sure you are reading their position correctly on this????...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Starbucks Allows Open Carry, Brady Campaign Whines

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper2501 View Post
    Good thing I'm a Dunkin Donuts coffee kind of guy.
    Are you sure you are reading their position correctly on this????
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I always assumed Starbuck's patronage consisted of long haired intellectuals with Macbook laptops sipping coffees with confusing "exotic" sounding names while writing theater that will never get published. Possibly a fedora or Castro hat. Guess I was wrong or they'll be losing a few customers, and gaining a few by the reactions I've read.
    "If it ain't a mess, it'll do till the mess gets here."
    -Sheriff Bell, No Country for Old Men

Quote Originally Posted by Impetus View Post
    I always assumed Starbuck's patronage consisted of long haired intellectuals with Macbook laptops sipping coffees with confusing "exotic" sounding names while writing theater that will never get published. Possibly a fedora or Castro hat. Guess I was wrong or they'll be losing a few customers, and gaining a few by the reactions I've read.
    LOL, that's why i generally avoid coffee shops.

Let's just ban coffee. It's making the Brady Bunch waaaaay to jumpy.

How many millions of gun owners, vs how many in the Brady Bunch ? Economics.

But, good for Starbucks, I will pass the word.

Mini Comments

1. Did not know that there are only 180,000 people that belong to the Brady Bunch. Sounds like there are fewer viral Hoplophobiacs out there than we thought.
    2. Their unsweeted iced teas are pretty good. As a Type 2 Diabetic, I drink them while in airports.
    3. Their pasteries are good, but pricey. Calorie laden.
    4. A thank you on their web site is in order for all of us who pack http://www.starbucks.com/customer/co...rms.asp?nav=3e.
    5. As to the Brady Bunch continuing to exist, should we start a pool to guess how long they will exist, after McDonald v Chicago and Palmer v DC are decided? This PR stunt, like their body count of CCW shooters, is part of their final attempt to stay in the public eye and remaining relevant. Fighting the "gun show" loophole and being against concealed carry in general (and on campus in particular) are not winners for them either.
    6. BHO turned out to be a bust for them too. An F- for somebody that they expected to sign a permanent AWB ban the week after the guy took office must be a real downer. They must be guzzling the Koolaid by the magnum.
    Last edited by GHFLRLTD; February 13th, 2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Add url for thank you note.
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Let's just ban coffee.
    Ooh, that would be a bad thing right there. I'd not make it one day.

I typically avoid Starbucks, don't like their coffee and I prefer smaller coffee shops that still do it right. But I do appreciate their snubbing the Brady Bunch, even if they specify unloaded guns. It is better than them following the BB.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I'm not really a fan of Starbucks at all... But I love them for standing up for what's right against the insane, extremist, anti-American Brady's who wish to push their irrational hoplophobic opinions fear mongering against our Constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Eat Crap Brady's, Crap with a touch of coffee grinds tossed on top.
    Last edited by RXtion; February 14th, 2010 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    Are you sure you are reading their position correctly on this????
    No, I wasn't. That's what I get for trying to read in the wee hrs of the morning (which would have been ok), and like a fool taking it a step further and trying to post. Good catch.

Mods, please delete my foolish post.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

Quote Originally Posted by boredstudent View Post
    I'm not in the military but i would believe that given his rank, he could have went into the armory and requested firearms (anyone able to confirm or deny?).
    No he couldn't have gone into an armory and just gotten a gun, unless he was an MP and he was about to go on duty or something like that. Most military members on a base are unarmed, which is why he was able to gun down so many without any resistance until a civilian cop showed up and took care of him.

Quote Originally Posted by njr View Post
    I don't support SB b/c of their support of the Israeli gov's policy toward the Palestinians and b/c they don't really support
    fair trade, but good for them in this instance.
    Are you serious? Starbucks is THE largest purchaser of Fair Trade coffee in the WORLD!

Not to mention that their own purchasing practices called C.A.F.E. practices does even MORE than fair trade. They actually require economic transperancy to each employee. Unlike Fair Trade which only requires that you pay the amount when you purchase which doesn't guarantee that everybody will be actually getting the money.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Ooh, that would be a bad thing right there. I'd not make it one day.

I typically avoid Starbucks, don't like their coffee and I prefer smaller coffee shops that still do it right. But I do appreciate their snubbing the Brady Bunch, even if they specify unloaded guns. It is better than them following the BB.
    It is the state Kalifornia that requires "unloaded" OC. not Starbucks. As the article stated Starbucks adheres to the laws of the states they operate in. In Washington they could care less how we carry OC CC loaded or unloaded is non issue to them.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Verified: In this case - Open Carry by ordinary citizen's prevented robbery of a Waffle House - Read Article:

Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw
    For God, Family and Country!

GM
    Starbucks did the right thing; they can count with my business.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I like they are cleaning up their image. I stopped buying Starbuck's coffee altogether after receiving a disturbing email a couple years ago from their headquarters to a soldier in Iraq. I don't recall specifics but Starbucks refused to participate in any coffee donations to our servicemen overseas in Iraq. They evidently did not support any war efforts and wanted no involvement. I don't know if that was a bogus email but I sure "dropped it like it was hot!" Haven't drank the stuff in 2 years I think. I am glad they are coming around.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links