Punishment for surviving?

This is a discussion on Punishment for surviving? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Washington, DC: Two masked men armed with knives, duct tape, and a can of gasoline attacked three women in their home yesterday; a mother and ...

Thread: Punishment for surviving?

DC Founder

Washington, DC:

Two masked men armed with knives, duct tape, and a can of gasoline attacked three women in their home yesterday; a mother and her two adult daughters, one of whom is scheduled to testify in a trial. After a violent hand-to-hand fight in which all three women were injured, the mother got her handgun, and shot and wounded one of the assailants. He ran, but was later captured by the police. The other attacker escaped. The DA\'s office is now considering charges against the mother for possessing a gun, which is illegal in DC.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar

charge her?

if they do charge her I\'ll drive to D.C. and get on her jury.
    Can juries award points for a good deed done?

AFS

This is why they tried to overturn thier home rule law from 1976 banning new registrations, and having a fully assembled firearm. Under DC law, if you own a registered firearm from before 1976, it cannot be assembled, nor moved from one room to another in your own home! Another great reason to live in Free Arizona!

Are you serious, even in our Nation\'s capital??? ***?? That is crazy. Don\'t they have a high murder per capita ratio??? In my mind she should be nomintated for mother of the year for knowing it was illegal and still doing what was neceassary to protect her children. She easily gets my vote.

~A

Originally posted by armoredman
    This is why they tried to overturn thier home rule law from 1976 banning new registrations, and having a fully assembled firearm. Under DC law, if you own a registered firearm from before 1976, it cannot be assembled, nor moved from one room to another in your own home! Another great reason to live in Free Arizona!

Will we see a press conference by the head cop or city politicians standing for the rights of family to protect their young?? I think not.

Bumper, when did this take place???

DC Founder
    Originally posted by APachon
    Are you serious, even in our Nation\'s capital??? ***?? That is crazy. Don\'t they have a high murder per capita ratio??? In my mind she should be nomintated for mother of the year for knowing it was illegal and still doing what was neceassary to protect her children. She easily gets my vote.
    Washington, DC has the strictest gun laws and the highest crime rate in the country. I would expect that a pretty good number of our politicians either carry or at least keep handguns there. Those that don\'t probably just have government funded bodyguards.

Originally posted by APachon
    Bumper, when did this take place???
    Not sure exactly when, but it was recently I believe.

I\'d like to be on her jury too. Anyone ever hear of jury nullification?:kay:

VIP Member
    Bumper wrote:
    Washington, DC has the strictest gun laws and the highest crime rate in the country. I would expect that a pretty good number of our politicians either carry or at least keep handguns there. Those that don\'t probably just have government funded bodyguards.
    I believe they are exempted from D.C. laws.

Does anyone remember Carl Rowan\'s case. He\'s on Face the Nation, Beat the Press or one of those talking head shows. Anyway he has a swimming pool. Some kids decide to swim in his pool one night and he takes exception. So he gets out a revolver, his son\'s and not legal in D.C., and shoots one of the kids in the behind as he was climbing over the fence to escape.

So lets see, illegal handgun, shooting a fleeing person who didn\'t even commit a felony, a misdemeanor at best.

What happened to old Carl? Nothing much. He was off the TV for a little while, and he had to promise not to let his LEO son \"store\" his revolver at Carl\'s house. I\'m sure there was a civil settlement, but it wasn\'t discussed anywhere that I saw.

So here we have a mother defending her family against violent felons. What justice will she get???? Well she\'s not a wealthy TV personality and newspaper columnist, so she\'ll probably have to go to jail.:realmad:

My wife is a CCW .357 carrying lawyer if this lady needs representation she will do it pro bono.

Didn\'t I hear recently that they were trying to get the laws banning private ownership overturned in D.C.?

VIP Member
    Originally posted by mtrapper
    Didn\'t I hear recently that they were trying to get the laws banning private ownership overturned in D.C.?
    I believe what they were trying to do, as a first step, was to force DC to accept new registrations. That would allow people to legally own firearms at any rate. From there who knows. You eat the elephant one bite at a time.

Originally posted by Bumper
    Washington, DC:

Two masked men armed with knives, duct tape, and a can of gasoline attacked three women in their home yesterday; a mother and her two adult daughters, one of whom is scheduled to testify in a trial. After a violent hand-to-hand fight in which all three women were injured, the mother got her handgun, and shot and wounded one of the assailants. He ran, but was later captured by the police. The other attacker escaped. The DA\'s office is now considering charges against the mother for possessing a gun, which is illegal in DC.
    Is there anyway you can come up with a link. I posted the story on the 1911 forum and the S&W forum. I gave credit to the your forum to help publicize this forum. Someone on the 1911 forum said it would be nice to have a link to the story to back them up if they show it to a friend.

Links