Bill O'Reilly Defends Illegal Seizures of Firearms

This is a discussion on Bill O'Reilly Defends Illegal Seizures of Firearms within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Diesel 007 So let's suspend the 2nd Amendment during a state of emergency?!?! This is when law abiding citizens need them the ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bill O'Reilly Defends Illegal Seizures of Firearms

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel 007 View Post
    So let's suspend the 2nd Amendment during a state of emergency?!?! This is when law abiding citizens need them the most!
    Bingo! Spot on. Bill O'Reilly is a pompous, blowhard, gasbag, just like every other "political commentator" on television.

Heck, a true state of national emergency is when we should start handing out firearms, not grabbing them up!

Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

2. Remove Ads

Bill is just another sheep with out an original thought and is easily led or tries to cover his butt by straddling the fence.

I watched this interview....and was shocked to hear BO'R say "well, it's a state of emergency...blah blah blah"....then I realized, he's from New York....where they jump through hoops to own a gun, much less carry one.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I sent him an email "condeming" his stance on the subject. At least he "or one of his staff" will be aware that "confiscation of firearms" is not in the "best interest" of anyone, especially in the event of a disaster.

His mailbox is open.

Kyle
    Be responsible for your own actions.
    ---
    http://www.calguns.net/

+1 on Jahwarrior and Chevyguy

There are very few people these days that form their own opinions on topics based on fact. They simply regurgitate an argument of some politcial columnists' which is mostly opinions stated as facts.

One reason why I really hate the way media has taken over the world. Too many people are deemed worthy to be placed in front of world without creditable factual information.

Remember folks, just cause you read it on the interent doesnt' make it true.

VIP Member
    Very disappointed in this, but not surprised, as many of you said, he is all over on many issues.

I have thought long and hard about this subject. And I can say that in a Katrina type scenario I have made my desicion as to what I'd do.
    O'Rielly is an idiot on this subject, along with others.

+ another here that has a hard time getting past BO'r to be able to view the show for the occasional interesting topic. I found it very sad, and absurd that Bill would characterize the guest, the founder of Oath Keepers, Stewart Rhodes, as having an extreme position, when Rhodes expressed his concerns, based on the CONSTITUTION of the U.S.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

I wonder how he would feel if they suspended his 1st Amendment rights?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    I wonder how he would feel if they suspended his 1st Amendment rights?

Oh Well chalk up another one that Bill O'Reilly has lost as a viewer. "You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time" I forgot who said that.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

All of the TV personalities in this thread and others just feed people what they want to hear, so that the station can sell advertising. That's it. If they don't deliver, the station will find someone who can pull in viewers. Doesn't matter if that's by pushing left right center or martian politics. If a cooking show drew more viewers we'd see them instead of the news.

In the TV industry, the advertiser is the consumer and the viewer is the product. It's that simple. The only function of the content is to deliver your eyeballs to advertisers.

I suspect that this is a simple ploy to get O'Reilly and Beck in an argument to draw viewers in. That way, the station can sell ads to both pro and anti gun people at the same time. Smart business, but I wouldn't take the debate too seriously.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel 007 View Post
    So let's suspend the 2nd Amendment during a state of emergency?!?! This is when law abiding citizens need them the most!

YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Interviews Oath Keepers Founder Stewart Rhodes - 02/18/10
    Good thing some states passed laws prohibiting it!

Oh wait, we already had that... the 4th Amendment

Generally O'reilly is pro 2A. I've heard him several times reflect positive gun dialog, and I know he has guns. He had very negative comments about the Katrina arms confiscations. I surprise at his stance. (I was not "pithy" in my email to him).

Kyle
    Be responsible for your own actions.
    ---
    http://www.calguns.net/

Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    I believe Glen Beck's viewer count has surpassed Bill's. At least during one week it did and that was done in a much worse time slot.
    A week or two ago it was mentioned that Glen's time slot was going to shift and I think it's going to be either 7 or 8 eastern time.

That's a good thing. I really tire watching Bill and sometimes can't even stomach his fence straddling.

And Glen Beck is pro CC, I believe he carries himself.
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links