Bill O'Reilly Defends Illegal Seizures of Firearms

This is a discussion on Bill O'Reilly Defends Illegal Seizures of Firearms within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 Carry OK: You basically don't like Fox News. Then, who do you watch? Indeed o reilly is a pinhead. You make ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bill O'Reilly Defends Illegal Seizures of Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 View Post
    Carry OK: You basically don't like Fox News. Then, who do you watch? Indeed o reilly is a pinhead. You make sean and greta look as if they are no different than MsNBC or CNN?
    I think that you meant to address that to Rob P., correct, sir? Or madam, as there are afterall, women pilots these days, I should remember!
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    The first thing any self-respecting dictator does is declare a "state of emergency".
    This is true, when Hitler became Chansler of Germany, one of the first things he did was ban guns from the average citizen.

O'Reililly often speaks of his days as a teacher. I guess history wasn't his subject.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I figured O'Reilly out after 9/11. He started telling a Lutheran pastor how he was wrong for not wanting to participating in the big prayer pow wow at Yankee Stadium. What did he know about that church's doctrine? Another elitist claiming to help us poor masses out. He doesn't know if he's left or right. Says he's in the middle of the road. The only thing I see in the middle of the road are dead skunks. I do enjoy some of his guest so I tolerate him when there is someone on the show I want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by carry ok View Post
    Rob P., that was an entertaining tirade.
    Tirade? hardly.

However, have you any thing to offer to substantiate your claims regarding Hannity, and Beck?
    I don't have to "substantiate" anything. I'm only offering my OPINION without poking anyone in the eye with lackluster wit.

What is your personal favorite, CNN, or perhaps MSNBC?
    See, there's that lackluster wit again.

p.s. I am surprised that you did not enlighten everyone years ago, after you determined that O'r was a 'blowhard'. Think of all the people that would have 'wised up' then, that would not have wasted so much time watching the guy!
    Sorry, not my job.

Mind you, I am not taking up for the pompous, arrogant fellow, but how do you characterize your first two sentences?

Sorry Carry, my comment was to Rob P.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I've lost faith in him long ago sigh .
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

B.O. likes to think he is "every man", but he is just another progressive Harvard elitist. I watch him and keep that in mind when watching. When I heard him say that guns should be taken in cases of emergency, my thought was, "That is when I need my weapons the most." He just doesn't "get it" and probably never will. He has some good interviews at times, but at heart he is who he is.

Beck is getting so caught up in his own press, he is losing sight of the big picture...getting Obama and other progressives out of power, limiting federal government, getting spending under control and giving power back to the Constitution. The Republicans have screwed up at times, but there is no way they are as bad as this bunch in power now.

I watch them and just keep in mind who they are. I take what I can use from them and just ignore the rest. They are still better than CNN and miles better than MSNBC.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

And this is EXACTLY why discussions about Religion and Politics should be banned on Forum Discussions. There are no winners.
    Uncle Dannie
    FOP Lodge 55, RPOAC, NRA Life Member

One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleDannie View Post
    And this is EXACTLY why discussions about Religion and Politics should be banned on Forum Discussions. There are no winners.
    This is not about politics.

Its about Bill O'reily and his clear Anti-Constitutional opinions which affect our second A in some form.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    Sometimes a little too much selfrighteous bloviating BS from his pie hole.

bosco
    I love it when I learn a new word. Bloviate. The very sound of the word conveys its meaning. Beautiful! I will be using it frequently as there are many bloviators where I work.
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    Beck is a media con artist who tries to use theatrics to convince his viewers that he's "on to something." He's not and he often quotes stuff which is factually wrong and/or misquoted/misworded. If your kids acted that way about anything would you listen to them? Then why listen to Beck? Seriously, if I want to watch someone throw a tantrum I'll visit the daycare center. .....

You're just flat-out wrong here.

Beck uses theatrics, yes, but he tells the truth. Beck is an avid supporter of the Constitution and of the Second Amendment. Beck has an entire team that researches for him. He regularly shows the books and documents that support his statements. Whereas our glorious leaders (aka: politicians) use theatrics and feed us phony propaganda.

Glenn Beck for President!

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDannie View Post
    On the contrary, in politics there definitely are "winners", and there are also "losers". Our Second Amendment rights are ENTIRELY and COMPLETELY dependent on politics.

IMHO, we need to discuss (and support) people like Glenn Beck. He is out there every day promoting the Constitution and our Second Amendment rights. Beck is a terrific spokesman for 2A. This is a 2A forum. There's should be wrong with talking about people that support 2A here.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    You're just flat-out wrong here.

Beck uses theatrics, yes, but he tells the truth. Beck is an avid supporter of the Constitution and of the Second Amendment. Beck has an entire team that researches for him. He regularly shows the books and documents that support his statements. Whereas our glorious leaders (aka: politicians) use theatrics and feed us phony propaganda.

Glenn Beck for President!

-
    I did not say that he did not support the Constitution. What I said was:

Beck is a media con artist who tries to use theatrics to convince his viewers that he's "on to something." He's not and he often quotes stuff which is factually wrong and/or misquoted/misworded. If your kids acted that way about anything would you listen to them? Then why listen to Beck? Seriously, if I want to watch someone throw a tantrum I'll visit the daycare center.
    I stand by my comments. If your kids did this sort of stuff they would lose credibility and no one would listen to them. WHY is it OK for Beck but not the kids you know so well?

Perhaps it's the mystique of being a media personality that gives him more believability? If so then you're being hyped.

Perhaps it's because you believe strongly in the things he's talking about so that gives him credibility in your eyes? If so, then you're being duped by a snake oil salesman who is only telling you what you want to hear so that he can take advantage of the situation.

Beck (like ALL media personalities) is only in it for HIMSELF. He says stuff and does stuff to get ratings. He likely doesn't care about the things he talks about on his show. What he really cares about is the MONEY he makes because you watch/listen to his program. In order to do that he tries to get you to empathize with him on certain issues. Then he tell you what to think because you and he are "on the same wavelength." If you swallow that line, then you'll return and his ratings hold up.

When was the last time you saw ANY of the talk-show folks at an NRA convention in any capacity other than media (if even then)? You ever hear of any of them buy a raffle ticket for some junior NRA gun giveaway? This is because they aren't in it for the issue. They're only in it for THE MONEY!!!!!!!!

THINK!!! Use the media to help you form your own ideas. Don't swallow what they're peddling because they sound plausible. It's what THEY want you to do for THEM. Mostly it's not in your best interests even if it sounds good on the surface. There's no difference between blind following of a media personality and blindly following Jim Jones. Both want you do do what they say and not what you want. And both want you to FOLLOW instead of be independent in your thoughts.

.....When was the last time you saw ANY of the talk-show folks at an NRA convention in any capacity other than media (if even then)? .....They're only in it for THE MONEY!!!!!!!!.............

LOL, u don't know what you're talking about. Check out the pic below, which I just scanned in from the latest issue of American Rifleman. Just lookee who's gonna be at the next NRA convention. Why, if it isn't Mr. Glenn Beck himself. Hmm, yeah, he must just be doing it for the money.

-

Ha! Ha!

Tirade? hardly.

I don't have to "substantiate" anything. I'm only offering my OPINION without poking anyone in the eye with lackluster wit.

See, there's that lackluster wit again.

Sorry, not my job.

'Lackluster wit'. You are a real 'wit' yourself there, counselor!

I have previously received infraction points for willful insult of another poster. So, if my 'wit' is working now, allow me to say, if you perceived any inference from my post regarding your 'tirade', you may well be correct, or not, that I may have 'wittily' intended it!

Only mho, but your posts, seemingly regularly, have a certain character to them. You, sir, afford me ample opportunity for those (I hope I put this in a less than infraction worthy manner), condescending little smirks to myself, that we all upon occasion indulge ourselves with.

Hey, counselor, best to you in the days ahead! Sincerely, Carry OK.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links